California Dems Going Even More Liberal

Proud Tiger

The California Dems are refusing to support Sen. Feinstein's reelection opting instead for a more "progressive"  candidate. I guess Pelosi, Waters, Schiff, etc., aren't enough for them.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/25/california-democratic-party-doesnt-endorse-feinstein-re-election-bid.html

Smart decision if you ask me. The voters on the left in this country seem to be going more left (see Bernie Sanders) and the Right seems to be going more right (Donald Trump and Tea Party Evangelicals). It will benefit the Democratics greatly to further distance themselves from the corporate democrat neo liberal ways of the modern party and embrace being the polar opposite of what the Republicans are becoming. 

I dont think many of the Corp Dems are going to go unchallenged this year. 

I am shocked that a Party Elder like DF is getting primaried tho.

8 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Smart decision if you ask me. The voters on the left in this country seem to be going more left (see Bernie Sanders) and the Right seems to be going more right (Donald Trump and Tea Party Evangelicals). It will benefit the Democratics greatly to further distance themselves from the corporate democrat neo liberal ways of the modern party and embrace being the polar opposite of what the Republicans are becoming. 

Well, I kind of hope you are wrong, but it  does seem to be the zeitgeist. 

Frankly, my gut tells me that with such a polarizing figure like Trump - and the GOP by association - it would be wiser to cultivate the 'middle' - if it still exists.  I guess I am too conservative. ;D

20 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Spot on. Hillary had to rig the primary to get the nom. And I don't know if Bernie would've won the election, but a LOT of people who would have voted for him chose third party, write-in, etc. over Hillary. 

I'm of the opinion that the left is only continuing on a natural path of progress and that it's the right reacting to that, but your point stands. It's a fight between the future and the past and Hillary somehow represented neither. 

Archived