Opinion/Question: Cloud & AncestryRegistry.com

DKW 86

There is no article to link. This is simply an observation and I am hoping others will add to the general idea. I am no conspiracy theorist. Maybe I should lean that way a little.

And I am particularly waiting to hear Strychnine's ideas on this. Here goes: The link that got me thinking: 
Took an ancestry DNA test? You might be a 'genetic informant' unleashing secrets about your relatives

I work in IT. I have always considered it almost comical the mad rush to THE CLOUD by Users. In my head, you just heard a choir sing a sustained high note. We send our data, our pics, our thoughts and sometimes our way too intimate details to THE CLOUD. Now we are also encouraged to send our DNA to an "Ancestry Registry.com" equivalent. Some of these tests are now dropping in price. Folks please take off the tin foil hats for a second and turn the skepticism down for a minute. I am not saying it is happening. I am saying: "What if..."

Someone 20-30 years ago at the FBI, etc had a daydream/wet-dream about a database of the future.  He/She wanted to be able to combine a hard-wired hardware DB/DStorage that the FBI etc could access and comb thru pics, data, transactional records etc. What would that look like?  

Well, for it to be secure enough to use in court the DB/DStorage would have to be indeed secure, off-site from the User and maintained by professionals. For quick access, it would have to be located away from the actual user. It would have to be secure and retain even things that the User might "delete." For quick access, it would need to be retained away from a person's home and therefore not totally encumbered by a search warrant. You could leisurely comb thru all this data. Systemize it for connection s between people, relatives, families friends coworkers. Use facial recognition technology to comb thru pictures etc. Document the links over possibly a decade of time and capture all the data as it updates. Combine it with Vehicle Records, Real estate transactions, mail addresses, credit reports., metadata, ISP info from Internet Service Providers.

For the last and final icing on the cake, you would add DNA Results on 100s of millions of Americans. You could build a cross-connected  DNA db that allow searches for criminals in cases where DNA was collected. You could take that DNA and trace it to a family tree and then narrow the scope of the criminal search. You could enact laws slowly across the country at the state level and then on a national level where DNA collection happened at birth or any time a visit to a hospital occurred. 

Next generation: Have data passable by simply getting near another phone or mobile device...iWallet, etc. The FBI could pull data from your phone by just having you in a few feet. Bring your phone to a Police or FBI Interview and could they dump your phone using the same technology? 

The FBI has been collecting tire samples, material samples, dye samples, been adding traceable elements to explosives and gunpowder for decades. Now for the punchline: What if you could build all this...AND HAVE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE SUPPORT IT AND EVEN PAY A HIGHLY PROFITABLE AMOUNT FOR IT ALL? What if you could do all that and not even have it debated on the floor of Congress? Do it at the policy level.

What would be a sign that this might be happening? How about suddenly closing criminal cases that have haunted law enforcement for decades...

The sadistic Golden State Killer terrorized California 40 years ago. Here's what we know

California Today: How the Golden State Killer Suspect Was Caught

once the database is established, the criminals will be getting caught, or the Hackers will be framing the heck out of people,,

Archived