New shelby GT mustang

Yeah, that's pretty cool looking. It kind of looks wider than the base model. Interesting choice of wheels. :thumbsup:

In the last pic w/ Shelby, what's that big red stopper for?

Guest Tigrinum Major

152367[/snapback]

I am glad I wasn't the only one wondering about that button. I was just too scared of looking stupid.

152367[/snapback]

I am glad I wasn't the only one wondering about that button. I was just too scared of looking stupid.

152368[/snapback]

uhhhhhhhh....... Disengage the supercharger????

When I was in college, I had a black, 1965 Shelby GT 350. I sold it when I went into the service. I still regret that day!

The red button is one of three things:

1) parachute to stop the car

2) ejector seat

3) reaches into the back seat to put your heart back in when you stomp the gas

Awesome.

Ford Web Site

The number Iharra and Gouzowski will most likely recite when describing the Shelby Cobra GT500 is 450, as in 450 horsepower and 450 pounds-feet of torque generated from a supercharged 5.4-liter DOHC V-8 engine. The 5.4-liter engine was first put into service in the limited-edition 2000 SVT Mustang Cobra R, a car that Car and Driver magazine ran from 0 to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds and from 0 to 100 in 11 seconds -- without a supercharger.

If ever there were a car that would make me consider selling my Jeep, it would be the new Mustang.

I love the new mustang bodystyle. I was excited when I heard Pontiac was making a new GTO but it was dissapointing when I saw it. I think ford did the old muscle-car lovers proud with these new pony's.

Dodge is coming out with a new charger but they screwed up on the bodystyle. The old charger is one of my favorite cars but this new one is just ugly.

2006 charger

Looks like the car that Shelby is sitting in isn't a factory GT500, hence the gauges down the left pillar. I think that stopper is plugging up the power outlet that comes on cars nowadays...maybe they don't use it or something. Do you know, BS?

It looks like the dc/power outlet on the real shelby gt. a lot of the pre release cars have funky stuff on it like that...when they are just tester cars.

All I know is that I have never been a real big Ford guy and I have never liked the Mustangs that have been put out since the 80's. However, when I first saw the new look, I instantly told my wife I must have one for myself! The old style muscle car look is awesome. Too bad my wife does not think it would be a nice family car. :no:

The gas cap medallion is a cool touch...old school. I think it would've looked even more old school if they put the fog lights in the middle like the '65 GT.

How much is this car going to cost?

Ha! From ford.com specs: "Horsepower: more than 450". Good God! :o

On Ford's web site, they said "slightly higher" than the Cobras, which I believe were 35k. I'd guess this one would be between 40-45k.

They said it will be below 40k. So probably 39,999.99 :)

152486[/snapback]

Do you know if it will only be a 2006, or will they continue to make it in 07 and 08?

It's the "SVT" model. So Im pretty sure they will continue it. When Ford did the body change in 99, the svt cobra had some exhaust issues, and needed a recall. This time SVT said they wanted a year to do R&D to get it right. That's why they were a year later on this release.

I would also look for a "Mach 1" in 07 or 08.

I would also look for a "Mach 1" in 07 or 08.

152506[/snapback]

I was thinking they might do a "Bullitt" Mustang in '08, since it's the 40th anniversary of the movie's 1968 Fastback.

Archived