President chickens out in front of his daddy

TitanTiger

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, I see they're asking us to restore civility again. Like damned infants pooping their diapers and then crying for the grownups to change them. 

Image result for trump baby

“Restore civility again?” Who said you’ve ever practiced it before on here?

6 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Shabby is correct.  Paul Ryan was willing to make some sort of joint statement about Russian interference before the election, but McConnell refused.  Obama, knowing he couldn't release the info pre-election on his own without looking like a totally partisan hit job, sat on the info.

And I was correct too in saying Obama knew before the election. You could be right as to why he didn't release the info but it's speculation. I can speculate he knew they had hacked Hillary's e-mail  with classified info on it and also the DNC computer and, believing she was going to win after the Comey cop out, decided to cool it. Of course Comey subsequently reopened the issue and Hillary was history. But neither of us knows and will probably never know the true big picture of what happened in the events leading up to the election.

4 hours ago, shabby said:

I agree with this assessment of what Trump did and did not do in his follow up statements

ough President Trump took back one wordfrom his news conference with Vladimir Putin, claiming he misspoke, First Read highlights what he didn’t try to clean up:

• “I hold both countries responsible. I think that the United States has been foolish. I think we’ve all been foolish.”
  • “I think that the [Mueller] probe is a disaster for our country. I think it’s kept us apart. It’s kept us separated. There was no collusion at all. Everybody knows it.”
  • “You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the [DNC’s] server. Why haven’t they taken the server? Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the Democratic National Committee? I’ve been wondering that.”
  • “What happened to Hillary Clinton’s emails? Thirty-three thousand emails gone — just gone. I think, in Russia, they wouldn’t be gone so easily. I think it’s a disgrace that we can’t get Hillary Clinton’s 33,000 emails.”
  • “So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”
  • “And what [Putin] did is an incredible offer; he offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 [indicted Russians]. I think that’s an incredible offer.” (By the way, Putin’s condition for that offer? That Americans and U.S. residents who Russia believes have committed illegal actions should be questioned, too.)

“So what should be the major takeaway? That Trump tried to clean up a couple of statements from his meeting with Putin? Or that didn’t walk back everything else he said in Helsinki.”

I think the major takeaway is that they met at all and hopefully will build on that in time. Better to talk than launch nukes at each other. And one fact......in spite of all the gnashing of teeth about the PC, none of us know what was said/agreed to in their one on one meeting.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, I see they're asking us to restore civility again. Like damned infants pooping their diapers and then crying for the grownups to change them. 

Image result for trump baby

Wasn't this in the UK though?

27 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Wasn't this in the UK though?

I just grabbed the first image of "trump baby" I found. It is a comment on how much some of these folks identify with the infant in chief and his rhetorical style, yet cry foul when it is returned in kind. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I just grabbed the first image of "trump baby" I found. It is a comment on how much some of these folks identify with the infant in chief and his rhetorical style, yet cry foul when it is returned in kind. 

Kind of like Trump speaking the first thing that came to his mind.:drippingsarcasm7pa:

19 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

That's spin that has no objective basis.  At best it's speculation.  There's really nothing to go on to believe they see them as enemies.

I assume "they" is the administration and I think goal is not to consider them an enemy. Shouldn't all Americans hope for as much?

16 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yep, you're right.  Doesn't mean it's a partisan thing though.

Well I got news for you bro, it is playing out as precisely that.

11 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Me neither.  Guess it's why I feel no compulsion to defend either of them.

I don't desire to defend either candidate. I do however care to offer opinion that contradicts the noise of a partisan crowd. Take note and learn something.

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am. he took the word over the kgb over our own country. he has been dissing our intel folks for months. there is a reason more and more repubs are speaking out as well as the dems.

Tune out the noise bro. The world will not end today.

9 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

First and foremost, the burden of proof is proof beyond reasonable doubt in criminal cases and merely having ties to Russia doesn’t satisfy that burden, much less not having a particular criminal statute at play.

Based on public evidence right now, if he was my client and charges were brought forth, I would file a Rule 12(b)(3)  motion for failure to state an offense [(12)(b)(3)(B)(v)]

Ok. Dumb question. 

But honestly do you really think he is innocent? After everything?

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

That's great.   If you point out Trump's weekly incompetency and nefariousness you are a "pseudo intellect" and don't get it. :roflol:

That's some "amazing" logic.

:no:

19 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Maybe because he is human and not perfect like you?

I’m in town if you want to be a man and face me with your keyboard threats and insults. 

17 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Collusion, conspiracy, being an knowing asset for Putin? 

Just a dumbass? 

I would say he has probably committed torts. But that’s civil, not criminal.

36 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Which torts?

Judging off of how much people on the left (and some on the right) complain about him on here, I would say Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress....for starters. (IIED)

53 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Judging off of how much people on the left (and some on the right) complain about him on here, I would say Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress....for starters. (IIED)

?

Archived