Things to like about this team

AUpreacherman22

12 hours ago, shabby said:

I thought the offensive line played excellent in pass blocking. Run blocking will gel soon I hope. If anyone doesn't think the offensive line deserves kudos, please re-watch the opening game against Clemson and reassess. First game, new squad, they did well.

Disagree with 

4. Boobie Whitlow had a great debut!

Yard per carry average was poor and he looked very slow. One spectacular play doesn't erase that. That said Auburn always puts one of the best run offenses on the field. I'm sure this year won't be different.

Whitlow did not have a great game but he is not slow. I expect him to show vast improvement soon. His 3rd and long run for a TD with the game on the line was a thing of beauty. His fight to get into the endzone showed a lot of heart and determination. He seems to be a gritty kid who has the steadfastness to be a very good SEC football player IMHO.

10 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Chandler Cox has some hands and I think is going to be our secret weapon this year. Tied with Ryan Davis in receiving yardage at the moment and with a third of the receptions ?

And I think using Cox in the middle of the field is great. That play he blocked and passed right thru was wide open. Hope when Chip sees the film we use more of that. Cox has good hands and he has some weight once he gets moving . Would be a good 3rd and 7 play.

Very proud of the work. Lots of room for improvement but to come out with a top 10 win...I'll take it. Seth Williams has natural hands. Here are a few questions I find myself asking

1: I like Kmart ... But his specialty is a change up for 7-10 carries a game. Boobie looked good at times but a lot of improvement. I think we need him to be there number 1 guy. Also... Why did asa not get any carries? And Devan Barrett and Malik Miller? I was super excited when we signed Barrett but doesn't seem like he has gotten much of an opportunity. If course I don't know what goes on in practice. Seems like overall we have a good RB room as a whole but no beast. But it usually takes a few weeks to find that guy

#2 not a question but a statement. People have been mentioning the lack of jet sweeps.... Did y'all see how Washington DEs played out wide... They were set up to defend this. We did try to hot perimeter in other ways.

#3 defense...I love it but some work to be done in secondary. I actually thought our guys were in great position but on some of those long balls just didn't play the ball well plus as a former QB, perfect pass beats perfect coverage. I think we will be fine their especially as our pass rush gets better. This may be the best defense since 2004. It's a damn good time to be an Auburn tiger....

For people still bagging GM ... He has is in a position to be a contender for years to come. I love our reciting class so far.... Am concerned about the RB position

Our secondary needs to work on getting their heads around. Washington receivers made some phenomenal catches. There was really only one play where our secondary got beat, so that’s positive. They’re playing right up on the receivers, just need to work on not getting so many PI calls. For his first game for us at corner, Iggy did pretty well  Great position all game  

It will be interesting to see the development of the run game over the next couple of weeks. I expect to see Whitlow get more carries and eventually take over the starting position. 

We are without two explosive players in Hastings and Stove. Seth Williams I believe will be special. We have a great problem with having a plethora of receivers. 

Archived