LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am only 29 but in my lifetime outside of the mark richt georgia teams I have never seen a team consistently have our number like LSU does. Some of the most heartbreaking losses of my lifetime are vs LSU. 05,07, 08, 17 and now 18 just to name a few that come to mind.   We pull defeat from the jaws of victory. They constantly pull BS games out of their ass vs us. I mean seriously. Coach 0 is 2-0 vs us? GTFO man.......................... This is embarrassing. 

Arkansas used to have our number.......I do hate loosing to LSU..............Coach Steele's not so finer moments have been against LSU.

I also think shrimpboat captain O is very underrated when it comes to how well the players respond and respect him.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ChltteTiger said:

The sooner the better. I originally thought he was about five but that's an insult to all the five year olds.

You can tell he isn’t all there. But I really think he/she is just trolling. We will just ignore him like a child throwing a fit.

Just now, johnnyAU said:

Someone said they hope UGA and Bama beats LSU.

Heck, I would rather LSU stomp a mudhole in both of them. 

For real. Why would you want them to beat LSU?! 

and all the fighting needs to go to the PMs...come on boys! 

LSU wins with defense. You gotta take the points. The one we missed was a bad snap. Probably threw off his timing enough to result in a miss.  

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Me too, but it ain't happening IMO.

I just think this team doesn’t have the identity to be run first. Felt this way at the beginning of the season. I also think it’s  bad when JS has to think too much. Wish we could watch some Baylor film and take some principles from them. He excels with quick hittersand pace passing the ball.

6 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I agree

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I just think this team doesn’t have the identity to be run first. Felt this way at the beginning of the season. I also think it’s  bad when JS has to think too much. Wish we could watch some Baylor film and take some principles from them. He excels with quick hittersand pace passing the ball.

That's what I've said from the time Stidham signed on.  We could evolve the offense to suit our talent on hand, or choose to stagnate and wait until Gus eventually gets what he wants.  It seems we've done a little of the first, and lot of the latter. 

All they did was max protect and put 2 guys in the pattern.  You would think 4 DBs could cover 2 receivers but that’s not what we are doing.  We go man coverage every time and our corners are not capable of doing that.  I hate to see what Tua and the Bammer receivers are going do to that.  

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

God Grief.  So did LSU. You're acting like LSU put a beatdown on AU. That was simply not the case. All AU needed was the opportunity to finish a pretty good drive. That was taken away, and LSU was given those extra opportunities . That'a all they needed.  All I wanted to see was a game that was FAIRLY called. Then the outcome is actually decided by the kids on the field. Yes there were turnovers but Auburn had overcome them, and there are days when even great teams don't have a perfect game. But a team can still win even on those off days if the refs don't have an agenda. This was not an evenly called game by any stretch of the imagination. I am troubled by it.

How do you infer this from my post? All I said was we made mistakes and the refs didn't help. The calls for PI against us were VERY ticky tacky calls, but objectively by the book they were PI. LSU should've been penalized and it would've given us 15 and a 1st down, but no guaranteed points on the board.  With that said, we had other opportunities to "finish a pretty good drive" and didn't. Two come to mind. One was a 4 & out and the other was a missed FG. Do I think we were the better team? Absolutely. Do we miss Jeff Holland? Absolutely.

I'm not trying to argue w you. I believe the game never should've been close enough for the officials to play a role in the outcome. WDE.

10 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

All they did was max protect and put 2 guys in the pattern.  You would think 4 DBs could cover 2 receivers but that’s not what we are doing.  We go man coverage every time and our corners are not capable of doing that.  I hate to see what Tua and the Bammer receivers are going do to that.  

Bammer is going to beat us badin a revenge game - count on it

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

No flags are being thrown in this tOSU- TCU game . This is why I can’t  get down to much on our DBs

PI on every pass if it was our officials

4 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Bammer is going to beat us badin a revenge game - count on it

Bama is going to beat the crap out of every single team they play for the next two years. Sadly

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

look, ya'll holler "refs" all you want, but if the 7 million dollar man kicks a gimmer FG to make it 7-3, we win...malzahn is a typical 4-5 loss coach....lay this loss right at his feet, or better, right up his butt

Kicking the field goal was the right thing to do, but the fans got what they wanted. Meaning dumb-a fans all around me were yelling go for it on 4th and one when a chip shot fg was a given. That and the qb really struggled today. Guys were open but he wouldn't pull the trigger....frustrating.

1 minute ago, creed said:

Kicking the field goal was the right thing to do, but the fans got what they wanted. Meaning dumb-a fans all around me were yelling go for it on 4th and one when a chip shot fg was a given. That and the qb really struggled today. Guys were open but he wouldn't pull the trigger....frustrating.

I was wondering what the vantage point looked like to the fan at the game. I felt that there were times where JS has a split second where he can make a pass, but he gets unsettled and starts moving out of the pocket. Like I said, I hope Bo is more Baker Mayfield in terms of pocket presence 

11 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

4 pass interference calls. Hell, if I'm the opposing OC, I call mid to deep passes every series. And let Auburn pass interfere my team down the field.

I believe that is exactly what Ensminger(sp) did? 

Omg yall are way overboard. How is this Gus fault? Im not the guys biggest fan but this came down to execution. We were passing to open up the run then the passing went away. You can point to route trees or whatever but stidham wasnt getting the same amount of time in the 2H. Gus made one call this game that was bad- it wasnt to go for it- it was to go for it with a pulling guard. A play like that early in a game shpuldnt doom you. The Safeties took AWFUL angles on the td catch. Tega got blown up a few times, kim got blown up a few times. But honestly i thought overall the oline performed better than i thpught they would. Most of yall are pissed bc yall thought lsu was gonna be easy. Its LSU. Theyve got exceptional talent at nearly every position. 

We crapped our pants early on but then bam! Got the lead when we needed to. Execution stopped. Yall need to get over yourselves with gus is mediocre bs- idk how great he is but ill give the dude credit that this aint on him. 

And the refs sucked eggs

8 minutes ago, creed said:

LSU in a similar situation went for the 3 early. In the end it gave them a chance to win the game.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I was wondering what the vantage point looked like to the fan at the game. I felt that there were times where JS has a split second where he can make a pass, but he gets unsettled and starts moving out of the pocket. Like I said, I hope Bo is more Baker Mayfield in terms of pocket presence 

I think our qb could be a really good one, but he needs to start pulling the trigger faster. By waiting or hesitating the window for completing a pass shrinks to nothing. That and today his accuracy was off. The worst case, other than the interceptions, was the incomplete pass to #81 where if the ball would have thrown inside it's 6, but it was thrown outside.

DL was held in check practically the whole game on pass rush.

Archived