LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

Just now, japantiger said:

So let me see if I can SUM up the comments so far:

Gus sucks...

We will be perennially mediocre because Gus sucks....

The  talent we have underachieves because Gus sucks

We overpayed for a mediocre coach that sucks

Because Gus sucks, we must now blame the refs like Bammers do, for losing

Gus is sucking the life out of the joy Auburn football....well, because he sucks

basically

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

If they took him who did AU have to choose from? 

Any of the coaches that are currently at new schools. We can play the what if game. My point is that if Arkansas was the only real threat then...let him leave. Paying him that much money didn't make sense. And them to go lay yet another egg in a bowl game. 

Stidham’s qbr continue to be atrocious 

Kam Martin had two carries?

No receiver had more than 3 catches.

NCM continually not used. His college career has been robbed from him.

Ryan Davis only has two plays where he gets the ball apparently.

Schwartz is averaging 18.5 yards and you only get the ball to him twice?

We only have one running play apparently. No buck sweep, no counter, nothing. Boobee showed he could gash them when given the ball in different ways.

Where was our d-line?

Why did we look asleep in the first quarter?

8 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Auburn's last score came with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. More than a quarter and a half left in the game and Auburn does not score again. Sheesh

But, but.............it was the officials...........bad calls..........blah, blah, blah

We were good but not good enough we lost to a guy who looks like he would sell you a bag of crawfish in a flea market. And Ensminger looked like the next coming of Tony Franklin. Elite.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

LOL. Oh dear lord.

LOL backatcha and welcome to IGNORE

10 minutes ago, AU70 said:

I knew not taking the 3 in the first half would come back to haunt us. IMO you always take the points early in the game. And I thought the 4th down play call had no chance against a defense like LSU. They were totally expecting that call. I put the whole thing in the bone Head category. In the end taking the early field goal would have change the game.

Youre assuming, of course, that  Carlson makes the kick. 

He missed one, remember? That one would have been the difference.

3 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Y'all who are blaming this on Gus need to get your heads checked. Both teams have missed opportunities but officiating, in the most crucial point of the game, blatantly ignores penalties LSU pass interference and then completely fabricates at least two pass interference calls on Auburn, you can't blame that on coaching.

Wow!! That’s all I can say about your comment. Your’s is a comment I would expect to hear from the gumps when they lose. Maybe your on the wrong board? 

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

You get the award for stupidest comments on this thread. Congrats. Are you 5 years old?

I wasn't intentionally trying to insult you. I was just saying your football IQ sucks. No offense.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

That's one.  What about the other four drives that went nowhere?  Sometimes it's best to look in the mirror.  We royally screwed the pooch today.

You could say the same about LSU as well. And when a team is struggling on offense.....any opportunity is important. If the players don't make the plays...so be it. But at least allow both sides the same chance. That's all I'm saying. Sometimes a bad call DOES cost a team a win and that may have happened today. I think Auburn would've gotten some points on that drive.

5 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Y'all who are blaming this on Gus need to get your heads checked. Both teams have missed opportunities but officiating, in the most crucial point of the game, blatantly ignores penalties LSU pass interference and then completely fabricates at least two pass interference calls on Auburn, you can't blame that on coaching.

We didn't score a single point in the first 15 or final 25 minutes of the game.  That's not the officials.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Stidham’s qbr continue to be atrocious 

Kam Martin had two carries?

No receiver had more than 3 catches.

NCM continually not used. His college career has been robbed from him.

Ryan Davis only has two plays where he gets the ball apparently.

Schwartz is averaging 18.5 yards and you only get the ball to him twice?

We only have one running play apparently. No buck sweep, no counter, nothing. Boobee showed he could gash them when given the ball in different ways.

Where was our d-line?

Why did we look asleep in the first quarter?

Answer to all your questions: mediocre coaching certainly not what you would expect from the 23 million man!!

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Youre assuming, of course, that  Carlson makes the kick. 

He missed one, remember? That one would have been the difference.

There’s a lot of things that would have made a difference. The problem is that doesn’t change the fact that AU played like crap. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The grimes hire is just robbing AU of money. It was criminal. 

While I won’t argue with you on the short comings of this o-line and Grimes. I just wish you would broaden your calling out of the position coaches.  There are a lot of holes in this team outside of the oline. IMO I think the only coach we or atleast I can’t complain about is Travis Williams. That LB crew is amazing. 

Gardner: dline is inconsistent at generating a push rush at times looks unmotivated in their demeanor. Recruit and develop a true pass rusher please. 

Secondary coaches: too much to type, but begin with the starting talent and technique. 

Grimes: see above, but not sure if younger talent is there

Kodi: think this is the best unit on O, but I would like to see more effort in coming back to Stidham and more consistent blocking on the edge. But he and WRs have been a pleasant surprise. 

Chip (as a QB coach): work on Stidhams happy feet (then repeat this) and more consistent progressions. Stidham, very rarely will the pocket be consistently clean at any level of football. The great ones overcome it. 

Horton: young RBs are a work in progress. 

Porter: overall,  I don’t even know what you do to even say anything. 

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I could tell you more but it most likely is above your comprehension, but thanks for playing 

Try me there sport. What you got? Let me guess. LOL.

AU was up 21 to 10 and looked ready to put LSU away. 
Promptly got outscored 12 to 0 the rest of the game.
At home.
Lost to Orgeron 2 years straight after leading to 20 to 0 on the road and 21 to 10 at home.
Just terrible.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

There’s a lot of things that would have made a difference. The problem is that doesn’t change the fact that AU played like crap. 

LSU didn't set the world on fire either.  They had their missed opportunities as well. 

10 minutes ago, japantiger said:

So let me see if I can SUM up the comments so far:

Gus sucks...

We will be perennially mediocre because Gus sucks....

The  talent we have underachieves because Gus sucks

We overpayed for a mediocre coach that sucks

Because Gus sucks, we must now blame the refs like Bammers do, for losing

Gus is sucking the life out of the joy Auburn football....well, because he sucks

Now you're getting it

7 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

LOL backatcha and welcome to IGNORE

Should be welcome to ignorance every time you type, but whatever. LOL.

18 minutes ago, AU70 said:

I knew not taking the 3 in the first half would come back to haunt us. IMO you always take the points early in the game. And I thought the 4th down play call had no chance against a defense like LSU. They were totally expecting that call. I put the whole thing in the bone Head category. In the end taking the early field goal would have change the game.

I actually agreed with Gus on going for it. The offense needed a spark. That play was too slow to develop...like most of our plays.  I don't know many who disagreed with Gus going for it. I think it was the right call. We should've just kept our foot on the gas when the offense got rolling. I don't fault Gus for that call though.

18 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

People can complain all day about the PI calls, but this is the key.  Auburn didn't put the game away and it cost us.  Score some damn points in the 2nd half and those calls in the end don't matter.  84 yards on our last 20 plays is unacceptable.

Exactly my point as well! 

Archived