LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I actually agreed with Gus on going for it. The offense needed a spark. That play was too slow to develop...like most of our plays.  I don't know many who disagreed with Gus going for it. I think it was the right call. We should've just kept our foot on the gas when the offense got rolling. I don't fault Gus for that call though.

Go for it, yes. But that play call...

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Where was our d-line?

This was the biggest shocker of the game. Their OL completely manhandled our DL when pass blocking. We could not get pressure. I am still shocked. I thought that was our ace in the hole. 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Well you mostly proved that your IQ sucks period.

That was very weak bro. Try again. Look, nothing personal. I just don't see you having a clue. IIWII. Sober up and come back tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

Secondary coaches: too much to type, but begin with the starting talent and technique. 

Between today and the WA game, I have never seen an AU secondary get so many interference penalties. And most of them have been good calls by the officials because our secondary is grabbing jersies and grabbing arms because they are playing poor technique and the grabbing the receiver is an attempt to keep from getting burned or recover from getting burned. BTW, they are also getting burned. The sad part is I don´t really think we have played a great QB yet. We really have to get better fast on our pass defense.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

We didn't score a single point in the first 15 or final 25 minutes of the game.  That's not the the officials.

Regardless, Auburn still had the game won following LSU's two point conversion attempt. But killing our drive on an obvious PI and extending LSU's drives on 3rd down, with bogus calls reeks of bias. Also consider that we did that with zero help. Officiating literally spotted LSU 30 yards on their final drive on passes that were well defended otherwise. 

This was an epic fail and it answers the question WHY DOESN;T AUBURN GET THE RESPECT IT DESERVES? Its because of bad losses like this, UCF, last years LSU loss Clemson losses etc etc etc

40 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You watch the replays I was chef the game. He played like crap most of the night. He wasn’t under much pressure. He wasn’t even close on a lot of them. Both interceptions were crap throws. Maybe he’s thinking about the pros. He might need to rethink because ain’t no team going to want him the way he preformed today.

I hope you’re right replay guy I would love to have him another year 

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

Go for it, yes. But that play call...

Play call fine. Execution sucked.

5 minutes ago, redman443 said:

just imagine if this defense shows up against Tua and Jake Fromm. we will get blown off the field 

I'd say that is accurate.

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

LSU didn't set the world on fire either.  They had their missed opportunities as well. 

I don’t know how to make this point any clearer but I’m not worried about LSU. I’m worried because I saw a lot of sloppy play today. I saw a lot of stupid mistakes. I saw a lot of stupid coaching decisions. This was not the toughest game we will play. So if we continue making dumb decisions then we are not going to be sucessful. I always heard the phrase” to be sucessful you have to own the problems first” as long as you make excuses you are not going to be successful.

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

That was very weak bro. Try again. Look, nothing personal. I just don't see you having a clue. IIWII. Sober up and come back tomorrow. 

Sounds like u guys need to move this to Twitter because that’s what it sounds like. Come on. 

I know nothing about football (guess I should stop there and not even write the rest of the post but maybe it'll be therapeutic for me so y'all cut me some slack lol)

LSU seemed automatic on third and long in the first half. That was frustrating.

To drive and get into scoring position all the way from inside the 10 and not get at least 3 out of it was very frustrating in the first half.

I think I'm the only one out on this limb (again, I don't know football though lol), but I thought the O-line played pretty well (?) actually.  It seems Stidham continues to sometimes get happy feet for no reason in the pocket.

Gus as the problem/Gus not as the problem: I don't know (end of last year I was of the first opinion), but all I know is Auburn football has lost a lot of its fun lately, and I'll candidly admit it's because the team across the state keeps bringing home national title trophies.  I don't allow AU football to raise my blood pressure anymore and just kinda view every season as an 8-4 ready to happen though and I'm not sure how I feel about it...

Auburn soccer is top 10 and undefeated, Coach Pearl and Coach Thompson have me excited about the other sports on campus, but Auburn football has me disenchanted at the moment.  Ok, I'll hang up and listen to the rest of you guys now.  War Eagle everybody :) 

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Regardless, Auburn still had the game won following LSU's two point conversion attempt. But killing our drive on an obvious PI and extending LSU's drives on 3rd down, with bogus calls reeks of bias. Also consider that we did that with zero help. Officiating literally spotted LSU 30 yards on their final drive on passes that were well defended otherwise. 

We did NOT have the game won following the failed 2 pointer Too much time left. The PIs were bad but it never should have come to that. Why is nobody mentioning how horrible the D played to give up the final LSU TD in only one freakin play?

41 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

With all due respect to you, the fact that Gus ran the ball on fourth down, instead of kicking the fg, is "leaving points on the field". No one ever said that the points were on the scoreboard. Comprende?

Then I stand corrected. I must have misread.  ☹️

I was upset because I was confident this was going to be the year when we had a truly great season. Maybe going undefeated or just a 1 loss season. we have a NFL QB and a talented defense but after today,  it looks like that isnt going to happen. Just a repeat from last year and the same ol gus. 

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

It’s only September 

DCE38D8D-51CD-4E3B-B64D-232224DF8DAA.gif

Get used to it More losses coming.

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We always knew he could recruit.  Never thought he would be getting these kind of big wins as a head coach But yah he is. So is kirby who is the bigger problem to us when it comes to crutin...... you right though.

Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and Texas A&M are all teams we’ll play every year with better coaches than Gus. 

3 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

You're missing the point.  It's easy to blame officials.  Auburn had every opportunity to put the game away throughout the second half and didn't.  They also failed to show up for the start of the game, which put us in a 10 point hole.

Also, AU committed two turnovers, one of which led LSU to a short field and a TD.  That on the officials too?  At some point, you have to look at the many times we shot ourselves in the foot and realize that fixing just one or two of those mistakes makes the late game officiating irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Play call fine. Execution sucked.

Yep I think with all 11 defenders to line up inside the tackle the right call was a run up behind the center. If those guys could have done their job and overcame  a couple of tons of beef directly in their way they could have done it. Are you sure you ever really watched this game before?

Archived