Ole Miss attendance

corchjay

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Kent St Ole Miss game looks like there is about 20k fans maybe... Pathetic 

Not good but a few more than 20K perhaps.....

Want to see something really bad...check UNC with Pitt.... probably fewer than that.     One side is almost empty.....cameras are being careful not to show the empty seats.   Fedora will not be able to make it another year....maybe not even all season unless they manage to win a few more  games.   

11 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Kent St Ole Miss game looks like there is about 20k fans maybe... Pathetic 

Apparently they had a long lightning delay and it's hotter &more humid than Hades.  Auburn couldn't even fill JH for LSU cuz it was so hot & expensive so I imagine it's not a big deal to leave the Kent State game after all that.

Meanwhile..    Bobby Petrino's magic departed with his Heisman QB.....Louisville getting handled by Virginia …..

The game is getting terribly one-sided....hard to find 15 or  20 really good teams these days.    

Stuff like that is what kills fan interest....well mismatches and $100 per seat tickets. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile..    Bobby Petrino's magic departed with his Heisman QB.....Louisville getting handled by Virginia …..

The game is getting terribly one-sided....hard to find 15 or  20 really good teams these days.    

Stuff like that is what kills fan interest....well mismatches and $100 per seat tickets. 

If he’s fired could we hire him as OC?! Thought I heard you could buy Auburn tickets for as low as $7 on stubhub not sure if true.

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

If he’s fired could we hire him as OC?! Thought I heard you could buy Auburn tickets for as low as $7 on stubhub not sure if true.

Possible I guess but someone paid full price for their season tickets.....but wonder how many Arky fans will be at AU today ?  Poor visitor support is a factor in stuff like that at SEC games..

15 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

True.  They were all in the visitors sections. 

35 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Apparently they had a long lightning delay and it's hotter &more humid than Hades.  Auburn couldn't even fill JH for LSU cuz it was so hot & expensive so I imagine it's not a big deal to leave the Kent State game after all that.

If I was there I’d have headed to the Grove to drink at halftime. And if not then, when the delay was announced. 

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

As pissed as I currently am with Gus, it's safe to say Washington would KILL Louisville.

17 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Preach it..........30 years ago you could drop 100 dollars on tickets and a steak dinner afterwards and drive back to Mobile for 30 dollars more and get ice cream at Stuckey's..............now same trip costs 300?

18 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

If I was there I’d have headed to the Grove to drink at halftime. And if not then, when the delay was announced. 

I'd still be there drinking...

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Not good but a few more than 20K perhaps.....

Want to see something really bad...check UNC with Pitt.... probably fewer than that.     One side is almost empty.....cameras are being careful not to show the empty seats.   Fedora will not be able to make it another year....maybe not even all season unless they manage to win a few more  games.   

UNC is bad but I'll give them a pass.  Half the state is under water.  Priorities aren't and shouldn't be football for those folks right now.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

UNC is bad but I'll give them a pass.  Half the state is under water.  Priorities aren't and shouldn't be football for those folks right now.

HS teams all over eastern NC played on Friday night and Wake Forest had a good crowd about 50 miles from there.. Most of the population areas of the state are barely affected by the hurricane....it's just the fans have bailed on this team....

On 9/22/2018 at 4:04 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Dont ever ever give UNCheat anything. EVER! They don't deserve anything and never should from here on out! They are a pathetic excuse for a university in every way shape or form. Do not care about any ethical behavior whatsoever top to bottom. they are the worst of the worst. trust me.

10 hours ago, beaumak said:

Dont ever ever give UNCheat anything. EVER! They don't deserve anything and never should from here on out! They are a pathetic excuse for a university in every way shape or form. Do not care about any ethical behavior whatsoever top to bottom. they are the worst of the worst. trust me.

We have several UNC grads in the family and UNC is a very good academic university but from the top down it has sold out on behalf of their corrupt athletic programs.  

It has reached the point that even UNC fans are starting to act embarrassed...but maybe that is because all that cheating has netted them nothing in the way of football success.   But soon basketball will start and they can revert to "everyone does it" as their excuse...

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

We have several UNC grads in the family and UNC is a very good academic university but from the top down it has sold out on behalf of their corrupt athletic programs.  

It has reached the point that even UNC fans are starting to act embarrassed...but maybe that is because all that cheating has netted them nothing in the way of football success.   But soon basketball will start and they can revert to "everyone does it" as their excuse...

...and THERE'S the (positive) difference between UNC people and bammers.

I think that this is a trend for the future. The prices of games are are at the "too much" point and with TV for every game, I see people bailing. In the past if you wanted to see the "bad" home games you had to go to the game. Now you click a button on your TV. 

Auburn attendance is down as well. Even for LSU we were not full. 

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

I think that this is a trend for the future. The prices of games are are at the "too much" point and with TV for every game, I see people bailing. In the past if you wanted to see the "bad" home games you had to go to the game. Now you click a button on your TV. 

Auburn attendance is down as well. Even for LSU we were not full. 

It was really hot for the LSU game, which was probably played a part in the attendance. 

Archived