71 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite SEC East Team

• Florida
    • Georgia
    • Kentucky
    • South Carolina
    • Tennessee
    • Vandy

I voted for UGAy... As big of a rivalry as it is, it isn't a nasty one at all.. it is one that I always look forward to because I think AU and UGA fans mutually respect each other and make it a great rivalry. I like to see UGA do well, so long as we are better.

:vandy: You gotta love the underdog!!

I have never had anything but the utmost respect for Georgia - their program, their former AD the Auburn man, their fans, their coaches, their school, and added to our connection with them for the oldest rivalry south of the Mason DIxon, and you have my pick. That 1% that all schools have excepted, I enjoy their fans and consider them to be the most like Auburn in terms of behavior, class, respect for their opponents and having a good time without being obnoxious a-holes.

All that being said, next to bammer, they are also the permanent schedule team I most enjoy beating - but in a good way. I also don't mind losing to them as much as I do other teams - which I guess says a lot. When you have THAT much respect for the other side, and it seems to be mutual, then it becomes a gentleman's game to some degree.

I have know many Georgia fans and although I hear about the obnoxious ones, I haven't run into many.

I know the younger fans may have gotten big head since Richt has been around, but Dooley didn't let that happen in his days, so maybe I'm basing my opinion on the 'old days."

:uga: Lot's of "ties and bonds" between AU and the puppies.

:uk:

I wonder how many of the people who voted for Georgia actually live in Georgia? I promise you Auburn wouldn't win a poll like this on a Georgia board. They'd carry on about how they respect Alabama, since they are the two most dominant programs ever and all <_<

With that attitude, they may soon have a lot more in common with uat. :D

I promise you Auburn wouldn't win a poll like this on a Georgia board.

One of the reasons I started to not-hate Auburn when I came to UGA is because no one from UGA really hated Auburn, that I knew at least.

People at UGA hate UF....they hate UT...now they really hate USC. I don't think many people "hate" Auburn at all.

UGA.

My younger brother graduated from UGA and I've always had a great time in Athens. There always seemed to be a good bit of mutual respect between Auburn and UGA.

I voted for basketba....err Kentucky. My best friend grew up in Kentucky and my neighbors across the street are from Kentucky and are Murray State grads, go Racers. God love the Wildcats, they always have some close games that they can put away and they lose in some wierd way, i.e. Bluegrass Miracle but who doesn't chuckle about Couch and Co. beating Dubose and the Tide in 97? I like UGA because of the ties b/t Athens and Auburn. I liked UT until I went to Knoxville and Atlanta, Rocky Top is Satan's bedtime lullaby.

Florida for me. I could be killed for saying this in my homestate (GA), but its because I have always liked Spurrier. The man could coach football. Growing up I used to love his offenses on the field, which naturally led me to start cheering for Florida.

I don't mind Kentucky or Vandy though, who could hate them?

I've alwyas hated UGA's bandwagon fans so I could never name them as a favorite team of mine, even though I do respect their program and love our rivalry.

I've always liked Clemson, so that rules out S. Carolina.

I know the younger fans may have gotten  big head since Richt has been around, but Dooley didn't let that happen in his days, so maybe I'm basing my opinion on the 'old days."

154028[/snapback]

Nothing could be more untrue. At the 1989 game in Athens (which Auburn dominated turning the ball over on downs inside the UGA 20 three times to try and not run up the score), the students all left at halftime and walked in front of the Auburn section with middle fingers raised saying things like 'We are still better than you'. Total class :blink:

Archived