Another mass shooting is underway

AUDub

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Quote something from the left you'd like to discuss.  I am willing to discuss anything you'd like.

But essence of your argument is there is an equivalence of left wing rhetoric that excuses what Trump - as POTUS - has done deliberately to foment and divide the country for personal political gain.

I say the premise of such an equivalence is absurd on it's face.

BS. I am not excusing Trump. That's my point. EVERYONE should be held accountable if rhetoric is the problem.

You need to call Hillary out for encouraging incivility. That is divisive rhetoric, just as Trump rhetoric was divisive when he wished he could punch someone in the face. Both forms of rhetoric are condemnable if they are capable of inspiring an unbalanced mind. Someone inspired the fool in New York I referenced earlier. 

The potential to inspire violence should be condemned, always. That is, if we want change. To many though, it seems that y'alls concern with rhetoric is nothing more than a continuation of hypocrisy and the furtherance of a political agenda. It's as if calling out your own would be detrimental to the cause. 

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I find it telling that you accuse me of not having the ability to see political terrorism on either side and now are trying to one side it. You don't like when individuals look across the board at all the pieces.

You'll have to refresh my memory on that with a quote.  I don't remember making such an accusation.  Perhaps you made an incorrect inference on something else I said.

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

BS.  You go back and find some quotes. You made the claim.

No one has suggested such left wing rhetorical calls to violence don't exist or aren't wrong.

The argument is against making such incidents equivalent to Trump's ongoing, multi-year deliberate strategy of fomenting hate and division for personal political gain.  We are now reaping the results of that tactic.

Go find them yourself.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

LMAO. I am having a great Sunday, laying on beautiful Pensacola Beach enjoying you toying with morons. My mind wandered as I laughed........I'm proud to be an uncle living in Auburn, Alabama surround by highly educated uncles who are also Auburn  grads (including a retired Provost. Almost all are vocal Trump supporters. I guess some people just got to be intolerant after leaving Auburn and thinking they are better than others. They have become pitiful hate filled people.

See my post about "dime a dozen." Proud repeatedly called Cole "boy." And this was after he was told it was a slur. 

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You'll have to refresh my memory on that with a quote.  I don't remember making such an accusation.  Perhaps you made an incorrect inference on something else I said.

Ya, you forget alot of what you say to and about people.

2 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Go find them yourself.

This isn't the smack forum and that is not how it works. You make a claim, it is your job to provide evidence. 

23 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I also find it telling you call out injustices involving appropriation, race etc etc, yet then turn around and culturally appropriate and offensively use Hispanic culture to attack individuals you don't like (your Three Amigos Gif). That's kinda racist. See, I can bat from the left side of the plate also.

First, I don't recall "calling out injustices involving appropriation, race, etc etc."  Again you'll have to provide the quote.  I don't remember it.

As far as your perceived "attack" by using "culturally inappropriate" gifs like the Three Amigos, I can assure you that no such insult or derogatory meaning was intended.  I thought the movie was kind of funny.  The idea anyone would find it offensive never occurred to me. 

But if it offended you, I apologize.  I guess I am just not PC enough.

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, I don't recall "calling out injustices involving appropriation, race, etc etc."  Again you'll have to provide the quote.  I don't remember it.

As far as your perceived "attack" by using "culturally inappropriate" gifs like the Three Amigos, I can assure you that no such insult or derogatory meaning was intended.  I thought the movie was kind of funny.  The idea anyone would find it offensive never occurred to me. 

But if it offended you, I apologize.  I guess I am just not PC enough.

He probably hates Blazing Saddles too.

9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

This isn't the smack forum and that is not how it works. You make a claim, it is your job to provide evidence. 

Cool. Then I shall respond when I receive evidence to claims that I questioned in the Sowing thread.

If you are going to police me then please do so with others in the same manner regardless of who they are.

35 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I second what Tex4A says.

Tex4A said and implied a lot of things that I don't think are true. (See my response to him.)

We aren't saying that Trump doesn't need to tone it down.

You haven't said he needs to do so either.  What you have done is throw up a lot of whataboutisms in defense of his behavior as POTUS.:dunno:

I get pissed when I hear him use divisive rhetoric about the very people I represent in Asylum cases on the mere basis that they're from the Middle East. Trump doesn't have a damn clue what those people have been through and his divisive rhetoric is completely and utterly uncalled for, especially if it creates animus towards them.

We agree on this. Trump is not capable of empathy IMO, which is why I label him as a psychopath.

But this isn't a one way street. The Left's rhetoric should not leave them blameless. It's not good for the country when their leaders are encouraging citizens to go harass republican congressmen at restaurants, comparing republican administration to some of the world's most egregious criminal regimes, and analogizing their policies to arguably the worst humanitarian crisis that ever took place on the planet. 

We agree on this also.  Leaders from either party  should be responsible for what they say and encouraging such personal confrontation - as Maxine Waters did - does not help the need for more civility - much less their own political perspective.

Having said that, there are no qualitative or quantitative examples coming from Democratic leadership that even come close to Trump's modus operandi, starting from the campaign of 2014.

As far as comparisons to other authoritarian regimes, there are similarities between their tactics and Trump's, particularly in exploiting xenophobia, racism.  Not to mention Trump's contempt for the importance of a free press.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

What you have done is throw up a lot of whataboutisms in defense of his behavior as POTUS

Not in defense of Trump's behavior, just pointing out that it isn't directly responsible...nor was anything Bernie ever said responsible for the softball practice shooting. 

There is plenty of divisive speech to go around on both sides. None of it is particularly beneficial to anyone. 

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Next time you quote Adam Schiff or get an idea from something he said, give him credit. :laugh:

Now I’m lost. Describing Trump’s MO Of division is now not attributing quotes to their original author?  

5 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Not in defense of Trump's behavior, just pointing out that it isn't directly responsible...nor was anything Bernie ever said responsible for the softball practice shooting. 

There is plenty of divisive speech to go around on both sides. None of it is particularly beneficial to anyone. 

I sincerely don't think Trump collaborated directly with Sayoc, nor do I believe anyone else has suggested as much.  :-\   So, your point was already taken.

As far as the divisive speech going around on "both sides", there's only one POTUS.

Just now, Texan4Auburn said:

Need supporting evidence on that, this isn't the smack talk forum lol.

Including “probably” there gives me all the cover I need lol. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Now I’m lost. Describing Trump’s MO Of division is now not attributing quotes to their original author?  

Yes, you're lost. We all know Homer isn't seasoned in latin phrases. :laugh:

8 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Next time you quote Adam Schiff or get an idea from something he said, give him credit. :laugh:

Sorry, not following. 

Are you suggesting Schiff relies on cultural division and prejudice as a political tactic?   Can you provide an example?

Archived