Another mass shooting is underway

AUDub

1 minute ago, channonc said:

Words from a President matter. PERIOD. 

Who has argued otherwise? You're moving no needle.

1 minute ago, channonc said:

Is this all on Trump? No, but as I said before, he openly threw gas on a burning flame. Fear is what keeps his supporters pumped. Watch any five minutes of his rallies. It's what he sells. Fear. Fear of the "other". 

If you think that's the motivating factor, by all means. But, there's no shortage of violence carried out in the name of "liberalism." If you truly think rhetoric is the problem, call out the leaders they look up to also. I don't know why that is so much to ask for. 

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

LOL. You are getting up tight because I think the person who believes rhetoric is the root problem should condemn it across the board. 

Come on man. Chill out and have an ale. 

I have condemned leftist rhetoric when it was brought to my attention. It’s not hard. This is a written forum. Look it up, for crying out loud. Feel free to search my post history. 

This equivocation is ******* stupid however. This is like criticizing me for not replacing the seats in a drippy delta faucet when a 3/4 inch main is busted. 

5 minutes ago, channonc said:

Is this all on Trump? No, but as I said before, he openly threw gas on a burning flame. Fear is what keeps his supporters pumped. Watch any five minutes of his rallies. It's what he sells. Fear. Fear of the "other". 

PS- to quote Andrew Gillum "I'm not calling him a racist, I'm simply saying the racists think he's a racist" and he's done nothing to prove otherwise, and that's the problem. 

“A hit dog will holler”

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I have condemned leftist rhetoric when it was brought to my attention. It’s not hard. This is a written forum. Look it up, for crying out loud. Feel free to search my post history. 

This equivocation is ******* stupid however. This is like criticizing me for replacing the seats in a drippy delta faucet when a 3/4 inch main is busted,. 

You clearly think that lunatics find validation from divisive rhetoric. Logically necessitates you to condemn both parties, if that is what you truly believe. I don't know why this triggers you. 

18 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ok great. Thanks for that. I am sure Trump did not mean for people to go mail out fake bombs. But I guess you think he should have made that part clear? 

1)  They weren't fake bombs.  The FBI has stated "these are not hoax devices".

2) See Dub's comment on equivocation.  What Trump has done is say things like "Knock the crap out of him, will ya" without later stating something like Holder did to let people know not literally.  In fact, in that same speech, Trump continued by stating he would pay someone's legal fees if they followed through.

There's a big difference there man.  If you can't see it, then that's on you.

3 minutes ago, channonc said:

PS- to quote Andrew Gillum "I'm not calling him a racist, I'm simply saying the racists think he's a racist" and he's done nothing to prove otherwise, and that's the problem. 

I speak with a handful of Trump supporters daily. These folks are far from racist nor are they violent. I've not met a single person who fits in the box you've described. I seriously doubt you or anyone else here has either.  It is simply a narrative created by MSM and some of you are buying it hook, line and sinker. Sad really. 

What these people are pumped by is the economy, jobs, increased wages, food on the table, SCOTUS nominees, etc.  

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You clearly think that lunatics find validation from divisive rhetoric. Logically necessitates you to condemn both parties, if that is what you truly believe. I don't know why this triggers you. 

I have, but the fact that I’m being vocal about the pressing crisis at our feet seems to bug you to no end. Why is that, Nola?

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I speak with a handful of Trump supporters daily. These folks are far from racist nor are they violent. I've not met a single person who fits in the box you've described. I seriously doubt you or anyone else here has either.  It is simply a narrative created by MSM and some of you are buying it hook, line and sinker. Sad really. 

What these people are pumped by is the economy, jobs, increased wages, food on the table, SCOTUS nominees, etc.  

*Raises hand*

I've definitely met some racist Trump supporters.  It's not hard to find when I go home to visit family in Montgomery.  Bite my tongue a lot.

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Your generalization of me is splendid and not at all reality. In fact, most in my family are Trump supporters. Fear is the common thread in most arguments as to why they support Trump. I'm saddened because these arguments are not the same ones I would have heard from these folks 10 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

*Raises hand*

I've definitely met some racist Trump supporters.  It's not hard to find when I go home to visit family in Montgomery.  Bite my tongue a lot.

Sigh. *Raises hand*

My cousin was the chair of the Shelby County Republican Party. We do not discuss politics at Thanksgiving.  

53 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I’m not even arguing about your perception of Trump’s rhetoric. It’s clear that you find it immensely problematic. We are talking about your belief of “validation” lunatics get from rhetoric, aren’t we? Clearly, it’s only reasonable for you to maintain that nuts on the left (or right) can attain validation through the rhetoric of public figures on the left as well. Thus, said rhetoric is worthy of condemnation. Unless of course, you don’t find issue with the rhetoric of the left. If you believe it is a root problem, yet only condemn republican leaders and thereby seemingly dismiss divisive rhetoric deployed by left, then your are inconsistent in your position. You clearly insinuated that posters on this message board were wrong to impute blame after  Steve Scalise was shot by a Bernie supporter - ok, fine with me. Yet, when you think the very tactic they used works in your favor, you use it yourself. 

No one is asking you to withhold your condemnation of President Trump. It’s the inconsistency that is at issue.

No equivalency, no inconsistency.

Just now, AUDub said:

Sigh. *Raises hand*

Met these same people as well. There have been times when I have left rooms/events, etc. No longer. Racism will be confronted by me. 

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

*Raises hand*

If true, why bite your tongue? What are you scared of? How about you confront them and show them the errors of their ways?

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

1)  They weren't fake bombs.  The FBI has stated "these are not hoax devices".

2) See Dub's comment on equivocation.  What Trump has done is say things like "Knock the crap out of him, will ya" without later stating something like Holder did to let people know not literally.  In fact, in that same speech, Trump continued by stating he would pay someone's legal fees if they followed through.

There's a big difference there man.  If you can't see it, then that's on you.

First off: Trump never told anyone to go send bombs in the mail, and he never told people who hates him to go shoot jews. In the same way, no one told the Bernie whacko to go shoot Republican Legislators at a pickup baseball game. 

Clearly, the apparent problem for many is that they believe these lunatics hear rhetoric, and through it find validation to do acts objectively egregious acts. It's as if someone hears Trump say "lock her up" and finds validation to send bombs in the mail. Likewise, when someone hears Hillary say "we cannot be civil with republicans" they decide to beat a republican to a pulse. Of course, neither candidate is advocating for the act, but the perpetrator nonetheless found validation through the rhetoric. 

If you think rhetoric is the root problem, yet refuse to consistently call both sides out, then that's on you. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Sigh. *Raises hand*

My cousin was the chair of the Shelby County Republican Party. We do not discuss politics at Thanksgiving.  

I keep my conversations with family off of politics when I go home.  I'm very different from them and know it, so since I'm rarely there, I just choose to leave it be and get back to my life.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

If true, why bite your tongue? What are you scared of? How about you confront them and show them the errors of their ways?

Ever argued politics with family at Thanksgiving? It doesn’t end well, no matter how nice you are to your crazy racist uncle. 

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I have, but the fact that I’m being vocal about the pressing crisis at our feet seems to bug you to no end. Why is that, Nola?

I am not bugged at all. Just pointing out your inconsistency like a true friend. 

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

It's definitely true.  The reason I bite my tongue is because it's often within my family (usually extended family).  Unfortunately you can't choose that part of your life.  I don't live around them and rarely see them, so for me, the headache isn't worth my time.  Most of them who hold this view are older and set in their ways.  It would be like arguing with a brick wall and quite frankly, I would rather focus my energy on discussing important issues with younger folks who still have time to change.

5 minutes ago, channonc said:

Your generalization of me is splendid and not at all reality. In fact, most in my family are Trump supporters. Fear is the common thread in most arguments as to why they support Trump. I'm saddened because these arguments are not the same ones I would have heard from these folks 10 years ago.

Fear of what? This sounds more like the cast of liberal effeminate males I encounter in the office. You sure they are Trump supporters? 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

I am not bugged at all. Just pointing out your inconsistency like a true friend. 

*just had the largest mass killing of Jews in our countries history, among other things*

*dub understandably upset*

Nola: ”STOP BEING INCONSISTENT, DUB!”

9 minutes ago, channonc said:

Met these same people as well. There have been times when I have left rooms/events, etc. No longer. Racism will be confronted by me. 

As it should be. Good on you!

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Fear of what? This sounds more like the cast of liberal effeminate males I encounter in the office. You sure they are Trump supporters? 

"liberal effeminate males you encounter at the office"  ????    :rolleyes:  :lmao:

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Fear of job loss to immigrants.  Fear of white people losing influence.  Fear of Christianity being targeted by government.

These are all things I've quite literally heard from Trump supporters when I go home.

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

*just had the largest mass killing of Jews in our countries history, among other things*

*dub understandably upset*

Nola: ”STOP BEING INCONSISTENT, DUB!”

Eh, not quite accurate buddy. Yes. An anti-Trump lunatic shot up a synagogue and you're enraged at Trump's rhetoric only.

Also, you forgot to allude to your position towards Republicans after Scalise was shot. 

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Ever argued politics with family at Thanksgiving? It doesn’t end well, no matter how nice you are to your crazy racist uncle. 

Sure, but I don't have a crazy racist uncle. Wondering what circles you guys run in?

Archived