Another mass shooting is underway

AUDub

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, homersapien said:

One of my nephews is active in Republican Politics, even though he's otherwise  sane and intelligent.  I was joking at the table and asked if he though global warming was a Chinese hoax (knowing it would embarrass him to admit that was Trump's - and by definition - the Republican position). 

He obviously realized what I was doing and just smiled at me and said quietly, "of course not", which I already assumed - him being otherwise intelligent, well-educated and sane.

Later, my sister ripped into me for "confronting" him inappropriately.  Like most of the rest of the family she gets her information from Fox News and buys their propaganda hook, line and sinker.  

The political divide in this country most definitely extends to families. In fact, I would liken it to the civil war in which families literally chose different sides.  

It's sad and depressing. 

Me to my dad: Your Family is crazy.

Dad: I’ve known that since 3rd grade.

Me: I just found out in November two years ago.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

BS.  This has nothing to do with how likeable Hillary is or isn't or even with her personality.  Nor does it have anything to do with her policies. 

The right wing hack machine portrayed her as evil - a murderer and traitor.  That's a fact.

The right didn't neglect to vote her into office. It was the left that did not. That's a fact.

Related to the main portion of the thread.  Trump justifies holding yesterday's rally by falsely claiming the NYSE re-opened the day after 9/11.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/28/politics/donald-trump-nyse-false-claim/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

15 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Completely different set of circumstances. The phrase used by a poster in here came literally hours after the very quote lined mainstreamed media outlets, not to mention the same day it was used. 

Keep trying. Clearly this is bugging you. 

Hey kid.  It wasn't just a "poster", it was Homer - your nemesis.  ;D   And seriously, are you really going to parse the analogy of what was clearly a sarcastic comment? :rolleyes:

This is the sort of post that prevents me from knowing when you are joking and when you aren't. ;)

48 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

The right didn't neglect to vote her into office. It was the left that did not. That's a fact.

That's true enough, although one should keep in mind she did receive about about 3 million more votes than Trump did.

Was there a point?

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

Post here long enough and you'll realize that just about everyone here, both ends of the spectrum, either did not like her or at least realized she was a deeply, deeply flawed candidate. Combine that with the propoganda campaign Homer is talking about, and, well:

A lot of people stayed home, either because they thought the win was a foregone conclusion, they simply did not like her or some blend of the two.

Even then, the vote was extremely close. Something like 30,000 votes in a few key districts and we'd be talking about a comfortable Clinton electoral college win.

Not to mention the fact that she actually got more votes. 

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's true enough, although one should keep in mind she did receive about about 3 million more votes than Trump did.

Was there a point?

Her opponent was quite possibly the least qualified candidate in the history of the presidential election process.  It should have been a landslide. It wasn't. She lost. 

Just now, johnnyAU said:

Her opponent was quite possibly the least qualified candidate in the history of the presidential election process.  It should have been a landslide. It wasn't. She lost. 

And he's still the most unqualified president in the history of the presidency and there are plenty on this forum that actually think he'll serve a second term.

But you are correct, it should have been a landside in favor of any opponent other than Hillary. The great Republican hack machine was quite successful.  And she didn't have the charisma to overcome it.  If you want to blame Hillary, that's a much better reason than buying into Republican portrayal of her.

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If you want to blame Hillary, that's a much better reason than buying into Republican portrayal of her.

My feelings on Hillary have nothing to do with any Republican portrayal of her. I'm old enough to remember her and slick Willie from the old days. Her lack of popularity had nothing to do with "Republican hack machine" or "Russian collusion". She is who she is, and that wasn't good enough to get elected.

Sounds like GAB.ai has evaporated. The stuff they were sharing was pretty chilling. 

Much like the Daily Stormer, going to be hard to find somebody to host them now. 

.ai is the top level domain for Anguilla, a country known for hosting just about anything. If they're too much of a liability there, then there's not too much to fall back on.

Wonder where they go from here. 

On 10/28/2018 at 3:39 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

@DKW 86 looks like Homes is still holding grudges 

If you find someone that cares, tell him. 

Homey lies so often about so many things that he cant keep his story straight.

Ex: He has called me a Trumpster so many times on this board it is just mind-numbing. The rest of the board KNOWS he is lying. But yet he persists. 

I pointed it out to him that on just that one thing he has been lying about me since 16-JUN-2015? Now, no one takes him seriously. It's like Otis on Mayberry, he is the town drunk, no one gets mad at him for getting drunk & arrested again,  getting drunk is just what Otis does. You cant get mad at homey for lying..Lying is just what he does. Rats are rats.etc. You cant get mad at something that is just doing what it was born to do.

But homey persists in saying in his craziness.things that are just not true, things that are demonstrably not true. I have been loudly anti-Trump on this forum since 16=JUN-2015. When I confronted him about the dozens if not hundred plus times or more he has openly lied on this board about me, about 2 weeks ago?, HE WAS TRUE TO HIS NATURE AND LIED ONCE AGAIN. "I only said that once, and it was sarcasm."
Image result for animated eye roll gif tony staerk

I then ASKED him about where he had done it three times in three threads in under a month, with links and quotes. How did homey respond? He didnt. He just went on about his lying ways as is his norm. Homey has never answered a question put to him by anyone on this forum. Which I demonstrated yet again in that thread.

homey is just going to do what homey does and continue to weasel on everything. He will lie and lie and lie and lie and etc. Then when confronted he will lie some more and then when ASKED about it will never answer the question. 

Rinse and repeat, ad infinitum... 

Confronting homey about it does no good, he is going to continue to lie, it just is what it is. 

Homey:
Image result for sad strange little man meme

7 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

If you find someone that cares, tell him. 

Homey lies so often about so many things that he cant keep his story straight.

Ex: He has called me a Trumpster so many times on this board it is just mind-numbing. The rest of the board KNOWS he lying. But yet he persists. 

I pointed it out to him that on just that one thing he has been lying about me since 16-JUN-2015? Now, no one takes him seriously. It's like Otis on Mayberry, he is the town drunk, no one gets mad at him for getting drunk & arrested again,  getting drunk is just what Otis does. You cant get mad at homey for lying..Lying is just what he does. Rats are rats.etc. You cant get mad at something that is just doing what it was born to do.

But homey persists in saying in his craziness.things that are just not true, things that are demonstrably not true. I have been loudly anti-Trump on this forum since 16=JUN-2015. When I confronted him about the dozens if not hundred plus times or more he has openly lied on this board about me, about 2 weeks ago?, HE WAS TRUE TO HIS NATURE AND LIED ONCE AGAIN. "I only said that once, and it was sarcasm."
Image result for animated eye roll gif tony staerk

I then ASKED him about where he had done it three times in three threads in under a month, with links and quotes. How did homey respond? He didnt. He just went on about his lying ways as is his norm. Homey has never answered a question put to him by anyone on this forum. Which I demonstrated yet again in that thread.

homey is just going to do what homey does and continue to weasel on everything. He will lie and lie and lie and lie and etc. Then when confronted he will lie some more and then when ASKED about it will never answer the question. 

Rinse and repeat, ad infinitum... 

Confronting homey about it does no good, he is going to continue to lie, it just is what it is. 

Homey:
Image result for sad strange little man meme

Irony.  :laugh:

Jewish Group Tells Trump To Stay Away From Pittsburgh: ‘You Are Not Welcome’

The progressive organization says the president should not visit until he decides to “fully denounce white nationalism.”

The leaders of a progressive Jewish organization in Pittsburgh said President Donald Trump should not visit the city as it mourns the 11 people murdered in a mass shooting at a synagogue until he changes his tone. 

“President Trump, you are not welcome in Pittsburgh until you fully denounce white nationalism,” the leaders of the local chapter of Bend the Arc wrote, adding: 

“For the past three years, your words and your policies have emboldened a growing white nationalist movement. You yourself called the murderer evil, but yesterday’s violence is the direct culmination of your influence.”

The group said Trump’s rhetoric had not only led to attacks on Jewish people, but also “deliberately undermined the safety of people of color, Muslims, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.”

The organization also demanded that Trump “stop targeting and endangering all minorities,” “cease your assault on immigrants and refugees” and “commit yourself to compassionate, democratic policies that recognize the dignity of all of us.”

U.S. NEWS

10/29/2018 04:55 am ET

Kentucky Dad Apologizes For Father-Son Nazi Halloween Costumes

Bryant Goldbach originally tried to blame liberalism and the ‘so called Tolerant Left’ for the backlash.

Check out his wife's Facebook page

I just never have understood the hatred for the Jewish community. The other thing I never understood was that the same people that normally hate on Jews are the ones who vote for the most outspoken supporters of Israel. It's just like a giant ball of confusion and inconsistency. 

Note: We should pass a law that requires anti-Semitic people to watch 1 season of Curb your Enthusiasm. The hatred will be gone in a year. 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just never have understood the hatred for the Jewish community. The other thing I never understood was that the same people that normally hate on Jews are the ones who vote for the most outspoken supporters of Israel. It's just like a giant ball of confusion and inconsistency. 

Note: We should pass a law that requires anti-Semitic people to watch 1 season of Curb your Enthusiasm. The hatred will be gone in a year. 

100% with you on this.  There's a cognitive dissonance there that just blows my mind.  The other thing is most of these people who hate on Jews are also self-proclaimed Christians.  I want to shake them and yell "Jesus was a Jew you moron!"

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:
Check out his wife's Facebook page

5bd66c2b1f0000a203259c43.png?ops=scalefi

5bd66c9d260000420283e257.png?ops=scalefi

5bd66ccc1f0000ce03259c44.png?ops=scalefi

Lawd. 

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

100% with you on this.  There's a cognitive dissonance there that just blows my mind.  The other thing is most of these people who hate on Jews are also self-proclaimed Christians.  I want to shake them and yell "Jesus was a Jew you moron!"

Wait there are Christians who don't understand who and what Jesus was?! Never knew!

I sincerely hope no one assaulted that father and child, but I shudder to of the damage being done to the kid in a household like that. 

Archived