Another mass shooting is underway

AUDub

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

When democratic leaders compare republican policies to those in terrorists countries and those in Nazi Germany, can an unbalanced mind be triggered? Does that type of rhetoric inspire someone to go shoot up Republicans at a baseball game? 

Is it worth condemnation? 

Quit treading water. 

If you have a quote then quote it.

It probably is worth condemnation, but it's hard to say.  A valid case can be made that many of Trump's tactics do mimic those of authoritarian leaders in history, including the Nazis.  The racism and xenophobia in particular qualifies.  Just substitute "immigrants" for "Jews".  Other authoritarian themes include the fomenting of a sense of victim hood, loss of entitlement and the need to make America more powerful and feared.

You - on the other hand - are desperately trying to apologize for Trump's effort to foment division and hate by suggesting there's equal culpability for it on the other side of the political spectrum, which is absurd.  We have only one POTUS and it's Trump.

And I don't know what you mean by "treading water".  I think my comments are pretty definitive.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Nola laughs at this, but what was being presented in that tweet you quoted was quite literally the ZOG conspiracy.

Nola laughs at it because he is too young and inexperienced to know any better.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

If you have a quote then quote it.

It probably is worth condemnation, but it's hard to say.  A valid case can be made that many of Trump's tactics do mimic those of authoritarian leaders in history, including the Nazis.  The racism and xenophobia in particular qualifies.  Just substitute "immigrants" for "Jews".  Other authoritarian themes include the fomenting of a sense of victim hood, loss of entitlement and the need to make America more powerful and feared.

You - on the other hand - are desperately trying to apologize for Trump's effort to foment division and hate by suggesting there's equal culpability for it on the other side of the political spectrum, which is absurd.  We have only one POTUS and it's Trump.

And I don't know what you mean by "treading water".  I think my comments are pretty definitive.

BAHAHA. So if it motivates a lunatic to shoot a Republican congressman, even though it was clearly divisive rhetoric, it’s ok?

This is exactly the thing. Y’all claim that rhetoric is the root problem, but only call out Trump for it. As I showed, it was deemed intolerable for anyone on the right to even mention the left after Steve Scalise was shot or after the nut job in New York was arrested.

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The Fox News corporation will be seen by history as one of the most nefarious influences on our country of the modern era. 

They have brainwashed most of my family, particularly those who get almost all of their information from them, such as my beloved Mother (who doesn't type and is not computer literate).

Same could be said of CNN, Huffington Post, The Guardian, BBC, etc....if that was all you watched.

One should always look at both sides, or you'll find yourself blinded by political ideology. The truth is somewhere in the middle. You just have to do a little more work to find it these days with so much bias on both sides, and 24-7 access to all of it.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Nola laughs at it because he is too young and inexperienced to know any better.

“Young and inexperienced” LOL

I have delegitimized the goal of this thread (goal is to blame Trump only) and now y’all have to piggy-back off one another. Love it.

4 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Same could be said of CNN, Huffington Post, The Guardian, BBC, etc....if that was all you watched.

One should always look at both sides, or you'll find yourself blinded by political ideology. The truth is somewhere in the middle. You just have to do a little more work to find it these days with so much bias on both sides, and 24-7 access to all of it.

Haven’t you noticed these guys lack the ability to view things objectively? I must say, it’s fun when they get heated.

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

“Young and inexperienced” LOL

I have delegitimized the goal of this thread (goal is to blame Trump only) and now y’all have to piggy-back off one another. Love it.

No, you’ve loaded it with feeble defenses and mindless shitposts.

We get it, Nola. Your position is “both sides!” However, white supremacists just killed 13 people, 11 Jews in the midst of worship, and then 2 black folks while attempting to shoot up yet another African-American church which was only spared by the grace of God and locked doors, while nearly a dozen bombs were mailed to many more, so your defense understandably is falling flat. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Haven’t you noticed these guys lack the ability to view things objectively? I must say, it’s fun when they get heated.

I have, and it isn't localized.  It's one of the bigger issues at the moment. The ability to wade through the political BS and look objectively at the situation for what it is, and not what you want or believe it to be appears to be lacking.  It takes more work, and more patience to do so, and as a society we have become so very impatient and accustomed to snap judgement, that perhaps reality has unfortunately taken a back seat to it all. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

No, you’ve loaded it with feeble defenses and mindless shitposts.

We get it, Nola. Your position is “both sides!” However, white supremacists just killed 13 people, 11 Jews in the midst of worship, and then 2 black folks while attempting to shoot up yet another African-American church which was only spared by the grace of God and locked doors, while nearly a dozen bombs were mailed to many more, so your defense understandably is falling flat. 

Again, if you think all of these incidences were driven by rhetoric, yet you only call out Trump, you’re inconsistent. Point blank period. 

Amazing how you respond when someone on Left tries to kill a congressman. “Chill guys, it’s not political. Let’s not be a**holes.”

You fool no one, kid.

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Again, if you think all of these incidences were driven by rhetoric, yet you only call out Trump, you’re inconsistent. Point blank period. 

Amazing how you respond when someone on Left tries to kill a congressman. “Chill guys, it’s not political. Let’s not be a**holes.”

You fool no one, kid.

Both sides have their bigots. One side is implicitly, and in some cases, explicitly, sanctioning that bigotry.

Know your place, kid. 

28 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

BAHAHA. So if it motivates a lunatic to shoot a Republican congressman, even though it was clearly divisive rhetoric, it’s ok?

This is exactly the thing. Y’all claim that rhetoric is the root problem, but only call out Trump for it. As I showed, it was deemed intolerable for anyone on the right to even mention the left after Steve Scalise was shot or after the nut job in New York was arrested.

That's a deliberate miss-reprentation of my position.   Of course, "begging the question" is covered in Weaseling 101.  It's a favorite tactic of weasels.

Also no one has claimed rhetoric is the root of the problem.  The claim is that hateful and divisive rhetoric from the president has fomented the racism, hate and xenophobia that lies under the surface in our country.

No politician on the left has adapted Trump's strategy.  The fact an individual extremist took it on himself to shoot a congressmen in no way proves partisan equivalency - or culpability - in hate mongering.

Trump as president - is a class by himself, by definition.    You'll need to wait until the Democrats elect their own narcissistic psychopath to claim equivalency.

Meanwhile, you supported Trump for president, so live with your decision.

(And it's baaaaaaaaah, not bahaha.)

23 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

It's true that getting all of your information from a single source - which is what my mother does - is generally a bad idea.

But none of those alternative news sources you mention - the possible exception of HuffPo - are as biased as Fox. 

If you limited yourself to one news source, you'd be better off with any of them compared to Fox.

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The fact an individual extremist took it on himself to shoot a congressmen in no way proves partisan equivalency - or culpability - in hate mongering.

So when a lunatic democrat does it, they "take it upon themselves." But, when a lunatic republican does it, it's Trump's fault. 

You are the epitome of delusional mindset that saturates our country. Hopefully there's only a handful of you whacks. 

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It's true that getting all of your information from a single source - which is what my mother does - is generally a bad idea.

But none of those alternative news sources you mention - the possible exception of HuffPo - are as biased as Fox. 

If you limited yourself to one news source, you'd be better off with any of them compared to Fox.

You are blind if you believe The Guardian and BBC aren't in the exact same vein as Fox, and CNN isn't very far behind. 

11 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

So when a lunatic democrat does it, they "take it upon themselves." But, when a lunatic republican does it, it's Trump's fault. 

You are the epitome of delusional mindset that saturates our country. Hopefully there's only a handful of you whacks. 

No, once again you don't seem to understand the point.

What a  random lunatic Democrat might say or do is in no way comparable to the atmosphere of fear, hate and division being deliberately fostered by our president.  It doesn't excuse Trump for his deliberate efforts to divide the country. 

They. Are. Not. The. Same. Thing.  Not comparable. 

Got it?

16 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Once again, three right wing attacks within a week’s span. Not a month. Not a year. Literally within days of each other, individuals took it upon themselves to wage war against the “enemy,” be they Jews, African-American or leftists. 

This is where we are now, and we were well on our way there before Trump, but he is an accelerant. 

There’s simply no equivalent on the left right now. 

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/10/28/conservative-conspiracy-propaganda-cannot-help-but-instigate-violence/

The collective weight of these belief systems is massive and psychologically destabilizing. And it blares every day from the collective conservative media bubble in a 24/7 stream of Fox News broadcasts, Breitbart articles and Rush Limbaugh radio hours.

Imagine if you believed that there was a gigantic collective, multi-faceted conspiracy of all the world’s scientists, celebrities, media figures, professors, public intellectuals, and tens of thousands of activists, immigrants and international boogeyman to commit heinous fraud with the intent of robbing you of your cultural and ethnic heritage, impoverishing you and stealing your rightful possessions. Imagine if you prominent figures–including the President of the United States–telling you this over and over again every hour of every single day.

It would lead to a cultic mindset, a derangement from reality, and a consequentialist ethics where any means were justified to defeat the forces of evil arrayed against you.

It’s frankly shocking that there hasn’t been even more violence from the enraptured yet privileged victims of the Svengalis hypnotizing them with stories of their perpetual victimization by dark, shadowy and sinister forces just beyond their reach and accountability.

And it will likely get significantly worse before it gets better.

Archived