Malzahn meets with Green today

ToomersStreet

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DAG said:

Total auburn move if it goes down like this 

I disagree. A total Auburn move would be to fire Malzahn, pay his buyout, and hire Rhett Lashlee at a higher rate than Malzahn is making. That's Auburn football right there.

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That's been my thing for the last 10 years. Throw Mike Ditka out there we the chance that it hits and I look like an Auburn insider demigod.

Now that Papa's got a new heart he can finally stand to bear the thrill of Auburn football!

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think it is Mike Gundy. Why? no inside info at all. Just a hunch. AND NO I would not put him as a top tier coach but he is a damn good coach and before this season had 3 straight ten win seasons.

Not Gundy please.  There are too many good coaches out there. Right now, I like Bill Clark and think he would be awesome. Reminds me of Pat Dye in some ways with his hard nosed attitude. He could have us hitting on all cylinders in a matter of a season or 2. Grass at JSU is another coach to give a good look at. Not too many know much about him, but Lance Leipold at Buffalo would be a coach to give a long look at. He has turned that program around rather quickly. His overall HC record is super and close to that of saban.  Matt Campbell, Jeff Brohm, Derek Mason and Dino Babber are coaches that I really  like and who could bring a lot to Auburn. All of the coaches that I have mentioned are all ballers for sure!  I love what Mason did to Pruitt Saturday!  I love his mindset and attitude.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I disagree. A total Auburn move would be to fire Malzahn, pay his buyout, and hire Rhett Lashlee at a higher rate than Malzahn is making. That's Auburn football right there.

This hurts so much because it is the truth! lol. 

2 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Welcome back to the SEC, big game Bob.

Ya know, I have NEVER been that big of a Bob Stoops guy and I do not think it is even remotely possible but it would easily be the best hire Auburn football has ever made when it came to proven coach and star power. We would be the talk of the college football world all offseason.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

This hurts so much because it is the truth! lol. 

Any Auburn fan knows this. This is basic Auburn knowledge. You learn this at Camp War Eagle right in between the fight song and the story of seal that you don't step on.

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think it is Mike Gundy. Why? no inside info at all. Just a hunch. AND NO I would not put him as a top tier coach but he is a damn good coach and before this season had 3 straight ten win seasons.

Here’s a conspiracy, a UT type of conspiracy lol. But all of a sudden “dabo is not pleased with fans, and that they don’t appreciate winning” that’s released today, then all of a sudden today we find out,  “we’ve been in talks with a top tier highly respected coach for a couple weeks now’? #TinFoilHat lol

Dabo and Harbaugh should start a charity where they collect pleated khakis and clothe 3rd worlders. They should call it "Compleated (Com)Pass(ion)." With the parentheses and everything, of course.

It's Dabo?(cough, cough) who else would demand Jimbo type money? And he did say, If Clemson's fanbase wasn't happy with 12 wins then it's time for him to move on.....:dunno:

For what it is worth, FootballScoop was told that people representing Auburn met with Bob Stoops a few weeks back….

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

For what it is worth, FootballScoop was told that people representing Auburn met with Bob Stoops a few weeks back….

Hmmmmm 🤔

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Guys, I think we’re all settling ourselves up for disappointment...

We are Auburn fans. We are used to it by now to be honest! lol

14 minutes ago, cctiger said:

It's Dabo?(cough, cough) who else would demand Jimbo type money? And he did say, If Clemson's fanbase wasn't happy with 12 wins then it's time for him to move on.....:dunno:

Yea if you’re going to use that type of money go after dabo or someone currently coaching, not to bring a guy out of retirement lol

45 minutes ago, keesler said:

Dabo's done well vs the SEC West - beat AU multiple times, beat Bama once and gave them all they wanted another time, beat aTm with Fisher, beat LSU and has no problem beating the SEC East either.

Thank you sir.  Yes, ChlltTiger pointed out some info too as I was too lazy to research it.

Based on this info and his apparent ire with the current situation (plus his back-handed slap at bammer, surprisingly) I would now put Dabo as my #1.

But.....pipe dream?  Probably.

Archived