Malzahn meets with Green today

ToomersStreet

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

His results are a lot different than our’s though, 8 straight 10 wins, 4 straight with 12+. Sure, fans will always find something to complain about, but you would see nowhere even close to the realm of complaining you see now if he was achieving that here.

I'd hope not.  Because honestly, I used to not like him and just judged him as a "bammer" but what I've read lately..... If I were King of Auburn University and a bazillionaire, I'd give him and his coaching staff Ft. Knox to come to Auburn.

Again, my only hesitation now is ACC results vs SEC West results.  Hmm... But, he did at least beat bammer in a championship game.

how many top tier coaches are out there? and unemployed? or at a school they would be willing to leave? only coach i can think of is bob stoops. any ideas?

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is too good to be true. 

A. It's Will Muschamp 

B. Josh Moon is full of malarky. 

Also we are buying Malzahn out and paying a Jeff Fisher type deal. Watch out. Somebody got them some money over at AU.

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'd hope not.  Because honestly, I used to not like him and just judged him as a "bammer" but what I've read lately..... If I were King of Auburn University and a bazillionaire, I'd give him and his coaching staff Ft. Knox to come to Auburn.

Again, my only hesitation now is ACC results vs SEC West results.  Hmm... But, he did at least beat bammer in a championship game.

you must have totally missed my earlier post about Dabo's excellent bowl record. Ohio St, Oklahoma and others have been pulverized by Dabo Clemson teams in bowl games! And we all know he has owned AU since 2010.

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Had a close one against bama in 2016 two. Had they had T Lawrence, 2017 might’ve been closer, but him going against Smart and Saban every year, I love it!

So it sounds like Josh Moon is likely referring to a successful, current (I would have to think) head coach.

Let the guessing game begin!

I have no inside knowledge. Top of my wish list (not a guess) would be Lincoln Riley. Put him with a team that can play defense, and watch out.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

No, fans actually liked Tuberville.

Exactly! when word leaked about that there was outrage. 95% of us are beyond thrilled that there is at least a push to get Gus out. This got leaked on purpose this time.

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

you must have totally missed my earlier post about Dabo's excellent bowl record. Ohio St, Oklahoma and others have been pulverized by Dabo Clemson teams in bowl games! And we all know he has owned AU since 2010.

I did miss it and did no research.  Thanks for the info.

This thread is turning into a huge tease. HAHA

Just now, Tiger1992 said:

So it sounds like Josh Moon is likely referring to a successful, current (I would have to think) head coach.

Let the guessing game begin!

I have no inside knowledge. Top of my wish list (not a guess) would be Lincoln Riley. Put him with a team that can play defense, and watch out.

I think it is Mike Gundy. Why? no inside info at all. Just a hunch. AND NO I would not put him as a top tier coach but he is a damn good coach and before this season had 3 straight ten win seasons.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Exactly! when word leaked about that there was outrage. 95% of us are beyond thrilled that there is at least a push to get Gus out. This got leaked on purpose this time.

The person who leaked it was an Auburn grad and worked for lowder. i wouldnt describe him as a Tubberville fan but they are friends now

Just now, AUsince72 said:

I did miss it and did no research.  Thanks for the info.

This thread is turning into a huge tease. HAHA

Its not just this thread. Remember "GUS HAS BEEN FIRED" teaser this morning?

I think it is Mike Gundy. Why? no inside info at all. Just a hunch. AND NO I would not put him as a top tier coach but he is a damn good coach and before this season had 3 straight ten win seasons.

109001x better than Gus...

I could see Gundy. I agree he is not top tier (in my book) and definitely don't think he should be paid Jimbo $.

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Looks like the money still runs auburn.....  thank god

Bobby Lowder says "I'm back Bay Bay" in a George Costanza voice.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

ITS HURRICANE DITKA! I KNOW IT! I've been calling this for the last 2 coaching hires. I'm finally gonna be right!

Ok, now I'm excited.

5 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Ok, now I'm excited.

That's been my thing for the last 10 years. Throw Mike Ditka out there with the chance that it hits and I look like an Auburn insider demigod.

11 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Dabo's done well vs the SEC West - beat AU multiple times, beat Bama once and gave them all they wanted another time, beat aTm with Fisher, beat LSU and has no problem beating the SEC East either.

Archived