Malzahn meets with Green today

ToomersStreet

30 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Ya'll setting yourselves up for disappointment. Gus ain't going nowhere. Sorry to rain on your parade, but CGM will be here next season. We will have a new OC, RB and OLine coach. Thats about all that will change unless coach Steele leaves...

You're probably right, but the speculation of possible new HC is a WHOLE lot more fun than the apathy of just accepting another year of Gus.  At least it keeps us busy for a couple days before....back to the mundane.... 😉

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Ya'll setting yourselves up for disappointment. Gus ain't going nowhere. Sorry to rain on your parade, but CGM will be here next season. We will have a new OC, RB and OLine coach. Thats about all that will change unless coach Steele leaves...

I'm not a betting man but I'd wager you are wrong here. Things could change but right now this is not right. 

23 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm not a betting man but I'd wager you are wrong here. Things could change but right now this is not right. 

So that I'm clear on your post....

You're leaning to Gus is Gone?

Or, you're leaning to Gus is Staying and keeping the staff as-is?

I hope it's the former....

26 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Look on the bright side...the latter would pretty much assure that we only have to endure one more year.

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Look on the bright side...the latter would pretty much assure that we only have to endure one more year.

What if we go 10-2 with losses to UGA and Bama only ? Haha

43 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

If he does the latter, that should be a fireable with cause offense lol 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I see you have posted this a few times in different places. Since it is all speculation anyway, care to tell us the position coaches that you think will change?

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

What if we go 10-2 with losses to UGA and Bama only ? Haha

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

It would be total Gus though. Then we’d probably raise his buyout to 50 mil with another extension

Yep this is Auburn where things like this would happen 

27 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If he does the latter, that should be a fireable with cause offense lol 

TRUTH!!

25 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

It would be total Gus though. Then we’d probably raise his buyout to 50 mil with another extension

TRUTH 2, the Sequel

Bammer, UGA and A&M are getting the top recruits and that is where it all starts.  It will take Jimbo a couple of years but Kirby is well on the way now.  Who are we gonna get to compete with that?  When Auburn passed on Kirby and took Gus we played hell and it will cost us for the next 20 years.  Saban will probably be gone in another 5 but the other two will be haunting us for a generation.  All they have to do is win the recruiting battles in Georgia and Texas and we are screwed.    If Dabo takes the Bammer job when Saban retires we are screwed even worse.  This is shaping up for Auburn to be a 9-3 team AT BEST for long time.  If Orgeron locks up Louisiana make that 8-4 and he has always been a top recruiter.  He may be a stupid corn dog but he’s 2-0 vs Gus even after spotting him 21 points the first time.  But hiring Gus over Kirby was the monumental mistake thats going to cost us for a long, long, time.  

Look at next year's schedule with the coach we have now.  10-2?  :tease: Could be as bad as 5-7 to as good as 7-5.  Outside chance of 8-4.  10-2?  Not a chance.

Aug. 31: vs. Oregon (in Dallas)    L  Maybe a toss up
Sept. 7: vs. Tulane                          W
Sept. 14: vs. Kent State                 W
Sept. 21: at Texas A&M                  L  They should have beat us this year
Sept. 28: vs. Mississippi State    W  Maybe a toss up
Oct. 5: at Florida                              L
Oct. 19: at Arkansas                       W
Oct. 26: at LSU                                 L
Nov. 2: vs. Ole Miss                         W
Nov. 16: vs. Georgia                         L
Nov. 23: vs. Samford                       W
Nov. 30: vs. Alabama                       L