President George H. W. Bush Dead At 94

around4ever

Hear George Bush (Sr) died. Not crazy about him because he was likely involved in JFK assassination (CIA was involved!) but he was our prez so condolences to the Bush family.

27 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Hear George Bush (Sr) died. Not crazy about him because he was likely involved in JFK assassination (CIA was involved!) but he was our prez so condolences to the Bush family.

Wow...ok. 

30 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

a little research kinda' proves that he was....read a lot of the releasedJFK files and waiting on the rest....he was the last one alive

6 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

a little research kinda' proves that he was....read a lot of the releasedJFK files and waiting on the rest....he was the last one alive

JFK Jr named his magazine George. A lot of people just assumed it was a nod to our first prez. Nope! 

We’ve entered new and perhaps the weirdest territory in a football thread ever when we start discussing George H.W. Bush helping to plan the JFK assassination-especially since he was in Midland,TX (I think at that time) running an oil company in 1963 and wasn't CIA director until 13 years after the JFK assassination. Hate to see a good man character assassinated. Wow, we need to resolve our HC situation soon, lol

8 hours ago, fredst said:

We’ve entered new and perhaps the weirdest territory in a football thread ever when we start discussing George H.W. Bush helping to plan the JFK assassination-especially since he was in Midland,TX (I think at that time) running an oil company in 1963 and wasn't CIA director until 13 years after the JFK assassination. Hate to see a good man character assassinated. Wow, we need to resolve our HC situation soon, lol

that might give you a hint about where some of those strange football conspiracy posts come from....:-\

55 minutes ago, homersapien said:

He was the last true Republican.

I know it's a shibboleth on the right these days, but lower taxes do not equal a stronger economy. He knew that. The 90s boom that Clinton gets almost all the credit for? Bush's policy laid the groundwork for that. 

42 minutes ago, homersapien said:

He was the last true Republican.

Of course, you want to start a fire when there is not one. 

It's really not good for your cause when you continually deploy this tactic, especially in circumstances such as this one. You would do well to learn from guys like Dub and Brad. You all probably agree on a lot of things, but the difference is their ability to interact with opposing view points in a fashion that does not forfeit integrity. This, in turn, empowers temperament and maturity to realize not only when debate should be restricted, but when or if it's even warranted in the first place.  

My suggestion to you: stick with the smack talk forum, and leave this one to the intellectually honest folk. Got it?  

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Of course, you want to start a fire when there is not one. 

It's really not good for your cause when you continually deploy this tactic, especially in circumstances such as this one. You would do well to learn from guys like Dub and Brad. You all probably agree on a lot of things, but the difference is their ability to interact with opposing view points in a fashion that does not forfeit integrity. This, in turn, empowers temperament and maturity to realize not only when debate should be restricted, but when or if it's even warranted in the first place.  

My suggestion to you: stick with the smack talk forum, and leave this one to the intellectually honest folk. Got it?  

That was a weird response.  :ucrazy:

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

I know it's a shibboleth on the right these days, but lower taxes do not equal a stronger economy. He knew that. The 90s boom that Clinton gets almost all the credit for? Bush's policy laid the groundwork for that. 

True. 

Whatever else you might say about 41 - and there are plenty of negatives - he held the country's interest above his own, and was willing to compromise for the good of the country. 

Archived