Season Long Bracketology Thread

ellitor

So now that Gonzaga lost last night...do we jump up a slot?  By the time the tournaments are over, there will be no team qualified for a #1 seed.   Which should make it a more open tournament than in recent years perhaps.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonzaga loss doesn't do anything for us IMO. They are so far ahead of us I don't think it makes a difference

14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Gonzaga loss doesn't do anything for us IMO. They are so far ahead of us I don't think it makes a difference

They were a 1 seed prior to the loss and are still a 1 seed after the loss so no impact on us. Now our friends across the state and all others on the bubble just lost a potential at large spot to sneak into....must say i really hate it for them 😈

EDIT: Because William and Mary gets the auto bid and Gonzaga now takes and at large bid

14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

The important thing about the Gonzaga loss was that they lost to St Mary’s, who is a bubble team. St Mary’s just pinched their ticket to the dance and made it that much more unlikely that Bama gets in

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

They were a 1 seed prior to the loss and are still a 1 seed after the loss so no impact on us. Now our friends across the state and all others on the bubble just lost a potential at large spot to sneak in....must say i really hate it for them 😈

Ha. Posted at the same time

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

The important thing about the Gonzaga loss was that they lost to St Mary’s, who is a bubble team. St Mary’s just pinched their ticket to the dance and made it that much more unlikely that Bama gets in 

Prior to last night, I though Bama had a puncher's chance with a win over Ole Miss. They have to get by UK to have any chance of going dancing now.

NC State just had a wild comeback vs Clemson. That may push Clemson out of that 12 seed. I wouldn't mind seeing NC State again if they are able to make it in. They won't try to slow us down and with the way we are playing now I'd love for a team to test us in an up and down track meet

I was kidding about Gonzaga affecting us...but some upsets this week might cause some of the questionable teams like bama, TCU,  Indiana and some other power 5 schools with barely winning records to miss the dance.    

JMO but I'd rather see a 27-5 UNG or Buffalo or Belmont or Lipscomb playing than watch 17-14 Indiana or TCU  take another loss in the first round. 

I heard Belmont knocked UMBC out (Belmont, Belfast, something like that), so Id love for them to take that little guy spot if thats how it worked out

that UVA loss was one of the more interesting opening games in years

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I heard Belmont knocked UMBC out (Belmont, Belfast, something like that), so Id love for them to take that little guy spot if thats how it worked out

that UVA loss was one of the more interesting opening games in years

Belmont lost in the OVC tourney final to Ja Morant and Murray State. UMBC plays Vermont in the American East final saturday. Belmont might get a at large bid and steal some power 5 bubble teams spot. Belmont is 26-5 on the year and has decent metrics besides its atrocious strength of schedule. With St Marys stealing 1 bubble spot it is going to be tough though for sure. 

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Belmont lost in the OVC tourney final to Ja Morant and Murray State. UMBC plays Vermont in the American East final saturday. Belmont might get a at large bid and steal some power 5 bubble teams spot. Belmont is 26-5 on the year and has decent metrics besides its atrocious strength of schedule. With St Marys stealing 1 bubble spot it is going to be tough though for sure. 

It was a loss they had taken a month or two ago that I assume killed their resume, but I dont remember the name the guy had said. either way from looking at their schedule they dont have anything nearly impressive enough to think they could repeat last year unfortunately 

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

So now that Gonzaga lost last night...do we jump up a slot?

Nope. No way we pass the Zags in seeding.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. No way we pass the Zags in seeding.

Dang…...was hoping they would leave an opening...😁

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Some of those schools are pretty good and could probably match up ok at the 8 or 9  seed level with the middle of their conference Power 5 schools that we have mentioned..

.If you are gonna make bama or Indiana or tcu an 11 or 12, might as well send one of the group of five schools and see what they can do. I don't see anything to lose by the NCAA in doing that. ...

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Dang…...was hoping they would leave an opening...😁

Yeah. I saw your joke post after I had made mine.

4 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

hello hello 4 seed. Win tomorrow and that's definitely a guarantee.

No it's not. Have you looked at the resumes of the teams AU is battling against for a potential 4 seed? Even if we win tomorrow all their resumes are still better except Purdue & maybe Va. Tech. To get higher than K State & Wisky we need the committee to put an extra value on winning a conference tournament, something they don't usually do. The best we can do is be hopeful for a 4 seed if we win tomorrow. Otherwise we are likely locked in as a 5 seed.

4 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Win tomorrow and the 3 seed is absolutely on the table too.

For the 3rd time @Gene Loblaw no it's not. There is absolutely no scenario left that gets our resume close to the teams battling for the 3 seed. It appears you don't understand the emphasis the committee places on Quad records (especially Quad 1 records) & records away from home. While our road & neutral record has become good, most of the rest of the teams we are battling are simply better. There's a big resume gap between the projected 3s and the projected 4s & 5s overall.

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d take a 4 seed, a 13 seed in the east region shouldn’t be much to worry about 

HEY HEY do not put that bad ju ju on us!!!!!!!! COME ON NOW!!! You know better haha. We are Auburn. NOTHING is ever that easy sadly :[.

Archived