GOP rejects bill to give back pay to federal contractors, wants to repeal estate tax instead

homersapien

58 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

That's what I said a long time ago.

There's a difference in saying something is not simple, yet still doable and what you seemed to imply which was that it was so complex it basically couldn't be done without setting all sorts of bad precedents and such.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

There's a difference in saying something is not simple, yet still doable and what you seemed to imply which was that it was so complex it basically couldn't be done without setting all sorts of bad precedents and such.

I never said it couldn't be done and I'm in agreement it would be good to do it. I still think it is too complicated for this Congress to handle. For sure the bill in the OP hardly scratches the surface. How would you propose to fix the problem. Saying legislation is easy but what legislation would you propose to fix the overall problem?

53 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I never said it couldn't be done and I'm in agreement it would be good to do it. I still think it is too complicated for this Congress to handle. For sure the bill in the OP hardly scratches the surface. How would you propose to fix the problem. Saying legislation is easy but what legislation would you propose to fix the overall problem?

Now THAT is above my pay grade. I just know, Congress makes the laws. They can figure out a way to bring relief in a situation they helped create. 

58 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Now THAT is above my pay grade. I just know, Congress makes the laws. They can figure out a way to bring relief in a situation they helped create. 

You have a lot more confidence in Congress than I do and I say again....it is no simple matter to clean up the whole procurement process and make the changes you would like to see.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

You have a lot more confidence in Congress than I do and I say again....it is no simple matter to clean up the whole procurement process and make the changes you would like to see.

So PT was a bureaucrat.

That figures.

Archived