Levorn Harbin added to staff

The Plainsman

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

DF401ED3-158A-49B6-8A2F-CDCA03E7058F.jpeg

any information about this person?

10 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

He has a familiar face, evidently...

and he's helping the recruiting staff...

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

He has a familiar face, evidently...

gee....looks just like Gus...:dunno:

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

That's kinda what I was thinking.....and probably Gus was too. 

Do some of you even read the articles? He's hired as the Director of Recruiting, which is an off-field desk job which means that he CAN NOT "recruit" off campus.  So how is he going to reel in Louisiana talent lol?

"The director of football recruiting oversees on-campus recruiting departments while also helping with player personnel at Auburn."

This guy isn't going out on the road and recruiting anyone.  He isn't a coach.

27 minutes ago, metafour said:

Do some of you even read the articles? He's hired as the Director of Recruiting, which is an off-field desk job which means that he CAN NOT "recruit" off campus.  So how is he going to reel in Louisiana talent lol?

"The director of football recruiting oversees on-campus recruiting departments while also helping with player personnel at Auburn."

Exactly...which is why I was not upset over his predecessor leaving......admin job ....hope it goes well for him.

11 hours ago, metafour said:

I can read believe it or not, and I read very well.

He's coming from a recruiting hot bed, full of talent.  He knows the region, he has relationships within the state of Louisiana and maybe.......just maybe he can steer some of our on-the-field coaches to that talent, open a few doors by simply making a phone call from his desk job.  Maybe he can even "direct" some of our coaches in an area that will up the level of talent they pursue.   

He doesn't have to coach or accompany the coaches while they go on the road to recruit.  He can however, do a hell of a lot from his desk job and Auburn badly needs to get a pipeline to that LA talent.  

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

Exactly...which is why I was not upset over his predecessor leaving......admin job ....hope it goes well for him.

This is more than just a admin job. Way more. Having a guy like this with the coaching experience, aka recruiting experience, is great. 

32 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This is more than just a admin job. Way more. Having a guy like this with the coaching experience, aka recruiting experience, is great. 

Glad to hear this.  I assume this means you approve of the hire?

To the OP as a whole, I still stand behind the notion that when Gus needs to replace someone, he is continually upgrading who he hires.  Makes me excited.

27 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

THANK YOU!

The experience, connections, relationships, networking he's built in a talent rich state like LA is an asset for Auburn recruiting. 

Some folks on this board are all giddy and excited about Caddy and his "clout" opening doors on the recruiting trail due to his career as an AU RB & his NFL career.  That's fine and dandy, but at the end of the day Harbin brings a wealth of knowledge, experience, important connections and he has the resources to get Auburn into the Louisiana talent pool.  While he won't directly recruit, he knows who to reach out to and who to call you get our coaches in the living rooms.  

AU needs a presence in LA, I've sat back and watched LSU/UAT rosters fill with that talent for too long.  WDE!

15 hours ago, metafour said:

I think we all understand that he wasn't hired as a coach.....

On 2/5/2019 at 10:47 AM, abw0004 said:

To the OP as a whole, I still stand behind the notion that when Gus needs to replace someone, he is continually upgrading who he hires.  Makes me excited.

Can't tell if serious.

If you are joking, well played. If you are serious, have you really been paying attention? 

Dilly seems to be fitting in well. And of course I love me some Cadillac Williams, but as far as coaching...  Dilly is not an "upgrade" to Chip. And it's unlikely Cadillac is an immediate upgrade as far as coaching over Horton. 

People will likely throw stones at me for saying this, but it's the truth. Chip is now a head coach. That isn't something that is in the immediate future for Dilly. Heck he isn't really even an OC here... And as far as Horton goes... I was a big fan of Horton for years, but he had one foot out the door for multiple seasons. It was time to make a change, and the replacement for a coach with over a decade of SEC experience, is a coach with 1 season in college...as a GA... and 1 season of high school coaching. 

Again, I love me some Cadillac, but no one outside of Auburn would remotely think we "upgraded" that position either. 

Yeah... Some can call me negative, frankly I don't care. I am a realist. I look at things rationally... without any orange and blue shaders... 

Anyone who thinks those two positions were "upgraded" hasn't been paying attention.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Can't tell if serious.

If you are joking, well played. If you are serious, have you really been paying attention? 

Dilly seems to be fitting in well. And of course I love me some Cadillac Williams, but as far as coaching...  Dilly is not an "upgrade" to Chip. And it's unlikely Cadillac is an immediate upgrade as far as coaching over Horton. 

People will likely throw stones at me for saying this, but it's the truth. Chip is now a head coach. That isn't something that is in the immediate future for Dilly. Heck he isn't really even an OC here... And as far as Horton goes... I was a big fan of Horton for years, but he had one foot out the door for multiple seasons. It was time to make a change, and the replacement for a coach with over a decade of SEC experience, is a coach with 1 season in college...as a GA... and 1 season of high school coaching. 

Again, I love me some Cadillac, but no one outside of Auburn would remotely think we "upgraded" that position either. 

Yeah... Some can call me negative, frankly I don't care. I am a realist. I look at things rationally... without any orange and blue shaders... 

Anyone who thinks those two positions were "upgraded" hasn't been paying attention.

I am serious...  When people like WDE come out and say they really liked the Dilly and Caddy hire, I trust them.  They don’t pick sides and just say the truth.

You are correct, Horton was a great coach.  But he stopped being that a few years ago when his mind was focused on searching for a HC job.  So when you bring in something with the fire and hunger to be a great coach I would say that is an upgrade over a coach who’s heart just maybe wasn’t in it anymore.

Im not saying I didn’t like Chip, but I think Dilly is a better fit for Malzahn.  So I do think that is an upgrade if the field product is better.  Not to mention his recruiting is better. 

So I do stand behind the notion that we are upgrading, and have been.  I don’t think you are negative, for what it’s worth.  I think you just have a harder time trusting at the moment, which is justified.  

On 2/4/2019 at 9:32 PM, metafour said:

Do some of you even read the articles?

I get all my Auburn news from the Austin Statesmen and The Daily Texan. They are more accurate lol.

I think Dilly will fit well with Gus running the Offense. Dilly will be up top playing his version 2019 NCAA Football...👍Gus's playsheet becomes an Ipad with play designs.

I also think people downplay the real experience a guy like C. Williams has in the Coaching World. A player learns from his coaches, and he had a great career (HS - NFL) learning from them. If CTH was ready to leave, Caddy was a huge upgrade IMO. 

On 2/10/2019 at 7:48 PM, auburn4ever said:

What will Harbin's job really be.

Bag man I hope

Archived