58,000 show up for Florida's spring game

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

GAINSVILLE, FL - After learning that approximately 58,000 people showed up to watch his first Florida team in their spring football game, Urban Meyer was overwhelmed at the support shown by the Gator faithful. "I really like our staff, I really like the potential of this team and this in the best place in the country. I mean, [nearly] 60,000 for the spring game? Unbelievable."

Meyer added that he hoped that many would show up when they open the season against Wyoming, citing the drop in the opponent's strength.

Wait until HE gets to visit knoxville, athens, AUBURN, and there are 80000 plus of the HOME team's fans in the stands. THEN, he will know what SEC Football is all about! :D:au:

Wait until HE gets to visit knoxville, athens, AUBURN, and there are 80000 plus of the HOME team's fans in the stands. THEN, he will know what SEC Football is all about!  :D  :au:

155228[/snapback]

the swamp holds like 85 thousand. he'll know what it's all about at their home games.

From friends I know at UF, they said that they couldn't run the football very well at all. Just a quick note on Meyer's style in the SEC.

Wait until HE gets to visit knoxville, athens, AUBURN, and there are 80000 plus of the HOME team's fans in the stands. THEN, he will know what SEC Football is all about!  :D  :au:

155228[/snapback]

the swamp holds like 85 thousand. he'll know what it's all about at their home games.

155234[/snapback]

The Swamp is a filthy, nasty, overrated venue. I was VERY disappointed when I went there. THe AU fans were louder than the Gator fans! Pitiful, overhyped place.

:au::homer:

155228[/snapback]

155234[/snapback]

A little bit different in a hostile stadium....Dontcha' think? :blink::big:

GAINSVILLE, FL - After learning that approximately 58,000 people showed up to watch his first Florida team in their spring football game, Urban Meyer was overwhelmed at the support shown by the Gator faithful.

155219[/snapback]

You're in the SEC now, Coach! That same 58,000 will be out for your head if you don't produce. But--no pressure... :P

Florida had one of the worst running defenses in the league last year and they couldn't run the ball? Meyer's little offense might have been cute in the mountain west but in the SEC it won't fly.

Archived