Men vs. Mississippi State game thread

WarTiger

why does this bunch lose their minds so much?.....i am still in a little bit of shock at how dumb they got inside of 8 minutes......they make more mental mistakes than any 20 win team i have ever seen....i am not griping as much as i am in amazement at how they just go braindead....we made the tourney, we finish no worse than .500 in the conference, consecutive 20 win seasons, so the guys are pretty good basketball players, just not real smart basketball players.....i need  check my BP, no kidding, i know its jumped up after this almost debactle

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

why does this bunch lose their minds so much?.....i am still in a little bit of shock at how dumb they got inside of 8 minutes......they make more mental mistakes than any 20 win team i have ever seen....i am not griping as much as i am in amazement at how they just go braindead....we made the tourney, we finish no worse than .500 in the conference, consecutive 20 win seasons, so the guys are pretty good basketball players, just not real smart basketball players.....i need  check my BP, no kidding, i know its jumped up after this almost debactle

Does BP stand for ‘blood pressure’ or ‘Bruce Pearl’?😉

DAMNIT!!!!!! I WANTED A DOUBLE DIGIT VICTORY!!!!!!!! We robbed ourselves of that with some absolutely HORRID bball IQ plays. MERRRRRRRRRRRRRRCY we play so got dang dumb sometimes. Having said that WAR DAMN EAGLE BABY!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best win of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our resume was looking a little shaky without THAT strong of a quality W in our back pocket. NOW WE HAVE ONE!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Does BP stand for ‘blood pressure’ or ‘Bruce Pearl’?😉

blood pressure...i got tied up in knots during the last 8 minutes, and i have BP issues....i didn't get mad, or i would have a stroke with this game....i was just scared

I didn't get to watch but I am certainly glad Auburn came away with the win. There are still some games left so don't let air out of the balls just yet.

They’re going to keep facing these challenges to close in and out with the difficulty of this offense to find good shots, but this is a game that you love to see (for 90% of it, anyway)

Hopefully we have another gear if we intend on beating dU(T)kie 

AGREE BRUUUUUUCE!!!!! They are stacked and loaded. Suprised their conference record is not a bit better. They remind me of LSU with better 3 pt shooting. They have tremendously athletic front court players with long wingspans. Total Mismatch for us.

Yup. I appreciate the total honestly Bruce. We are just a very flawed team. 

Really really really good win. Now have a couple Q1 wins and that could increase next weekend as well. Needed this one any way we could get it and we got it. Sure, you don’t wanna see us almost give away a 19 point lead with 8 mins left, but with 0:00 on the clock, we had more points than a really good team that will be a 6 or 7 seed. Great win. 

This felt like Miss State game 2 years ago. Once they finally starting hitting shots, we couldn’t stop them and almost blew a huge lead. Pretty discouraging that we can’t even rest Harper and Brown late in the 2nd half with a big lead at home. With all that said, this was a much needed win at home over a very good team. Back-2-back 20 wins and NCAA tourney appearances are big for this program. 

Now it’s time to get ready to sweep UAT in their airplane hanger on Tuesday night! WAR EAGLE!!

When Auburn goes into "slow down" mode with a lead and begins thinking about the clock, instead of attacking the opponent, bad things happen. Lazy passes that result in turnovers, stupid lapses on defense that allow the opponent to go on runs, farting around in the half court that result in shot clock violations and crapshots, and dumb fouls by the truckload that stop the clock and put opponents on the foul line .....

Auburn really needs a W against Bama. If AU can pull that off, even with a loss against UT, there's a good chance Auburn will be #4 in the SEC going into the SEC tourney and get those really valuable byes!

Great win regardless of the point margin being diminished at the end of the game. 20 wins is nothing to sneeze at. We beat a really go team and got a nice quality win. When this team gets hot, they are very hard to beat. When they get luke warm they still win, but have loses wedged in that should have been wins. When they are cold, they lose games that are hard to come back from behind and win. Quite often though, this team can be hot, luke warm, and just plain outright cold in a single game that drives us crazy!

13 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I mean there’s only a few games left, you might as well take the rest of the season off. 

Please

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

AGREE BRUUUUUUCE!!!!! They are stacked and loaded. Suprised their conference record is not a bit better. They remind me of LSU with better 3 pt shooting. They have tremendously athletic front court players with long wingspans. Total Mismatch for us.

I think the same thing watching Alabama play. How the hell are they only 17-12? That team is loaded with talent. Really hope they keep Avery around.

31 minutes ago, CR said:

I think the same thing watching Alabama play. How the hell are they only 17-12? That team is loaded with talent. Really hope they keep Avery around.

BINGO!!! Avery is the Gus of college basketball in the sec! lol

UGA finally caught a break. Just beat UF in Gainesville. 

Just now, AUDub said:

UGA finally caught a break. Just beat UF in Gainesville. 

Damn a 2-14 in conference georgia team gets a W at the O dome before we do?! We have not won there since the 90's. One of the last utterly terrible and awful basketball streaks bruce has not broken yet.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Damn a 2-14 in conference georgia team gets a W at the O dome before we do?! We have not won there since the 90's. One of the last utterly terrible and awful basketball streaks bruce has not broken yet.

UGA has been close these past few weeks. They’re better than 2-14, especially with those two goons in the paint. Just terrible, terrible guard play has held them back. 

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Honestly feel confident in winning the next two. Legggggoooooo gang. We going dancin dancin

UT has looked like some... sway from home against the two other powers here, but idk if I feel CONFIDENT per se. I do hope the shooting travels against them though 

Archived