DNC Says It Will Exclude Fox News From Televising Its 2020 Debates

homersapien

Kind of dumb to me.  Agree to let Fox do at least one but put the qualifier on there that Chris Wallace is the only person allowed to moderate.

1) He's an impeccable journalist who routinely calls out everyone on their crap.

2) You still reach a wide audience of voters that otherwise won't even listen to you. 

3) Wallace is very likely to moderate a debate in the general.  Getting that experience to his style can only help.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Logical move.  Fox is nothing more than an adjunct of the Trump campaign.

What in the hell are they debating over? They have nothing to run on. Other than oust President Trump none offered a thing in over two years. 

Who cares what network airs the mess?

I find it funny that Fox cant hold a debate, but CNN, the actual network that gave HRC the cheat sheets, at the debates, they are perfectly okay with.

Then again this is Tom Perez, a man chosen by the Clintons to run the DNC.

Nobody interested in the Democratic debate watches Fox News anyway. Who cares. Fox has basically becomes Trumps personal propaganda network, outside of Wallace and Shep. I’m not surprised.

The Nazi party is at it again.

18 hours ago, homersapien said:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dnc-fox-news-2020-debates_n_5c800f9ee4b0e62f69e939ad

Just like CNN , MSNBC and 90% of the MSM are an extension of the Democratic Party.

34 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Just like CNN , MSNBC and 90% of the MSM are an extension of the Democratic Party.

You could say 100% of the MSM. If your talking ABC,CBS and NBC.

55 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

There is no equivalent to Fox on the left.

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

You could say 100% of the MSM. If your talking ABC,CBS and NBC.

You guys do realize that Fox is MSM as well, right?  You can't put CNN and MSNBC in that category and exclude Fox when they all three directly compete for ratings.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

You guys do realize that Fox is MSM as well, right?

That is why I said 90%.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Only when the others are off the air.🦊

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

There actually is. But it’s not “Mainstream”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jerz.setonhill.edu/blog/2017/11/10/vanessa-oteros-updated-media-bias-chart/amp/

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Some of that is too funny.

Alternet is pure laughable propaganda.
Daily Mail? Up about 1 block. 
DailyKos? Down a block.
Buzzfeed...LMAO down two solid blocks. 
Daily Beast and Politico down two blocks.

The graphic was right on for the most part. 

33 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was considering audience and influence in my statement.

There is no ("main stream") media equivalent to Fox.

30 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Some of that is too funny.

Alternet is pure laughable propaganda.
Daily Mail? Up about 1 block. 
DailyKos? Down a block.
Buzzfeed...LMAO down two solid blocks. 
Daily Beast and Politico down two blocks.

The graphic was right on for the most part. 

I don’t keep up with much when it comes to those that you mentioned. I like Huffington NPR. As far as the big 3 go, I’m mostly an MSNBC guy. I do like Cuomo and Tapper on the CNN side. I’d probably watch Shep on Fox, if he was all there was, but there’s no reason to even take Fox seriously enough to turn it on. Shep needs to jump ship.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t keep up with much when it comes to those that you mentioned. I like Huffington NPR. As far as the big 3 go, I’m mostly an MSNBC guy. I do like Cuomo and Tapper on the CNN side. I’d probably watch Shep on Fox, if he was all there was, but there’s no reason to even take Fox seriously enough to turn it on. Shep needs to jump ship.

Doing yourself a disservice by not watching Chris Wallace on Fox.  The guy is as good as it gets anywhere.  Doesn't hold back and calls everyone out on their BS.  Not coincidentally, he was bar none the best of the three debate moderators in the 2016 general election.

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Doing yourself a disservice by not watching Chris Wallace on Fox.  The guy is as good as it gets anywhere.  Doesn't hold back and calls everyone out on their BS.  Not coincidentally, he was bar none the best of the three debate moderators in the 2016 general election.

I haven’t really paid any attention to him. I’ll check out his YouTube clips. I’m not legitimizing that propaganda network by flipping my tv to it.

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

You guys do realize that Fox is MSM as well, right?  You can't put CNN and MSNBC in that category and exclude Fox when they all three directly compete for ratings.

I guess our ideas of main stream are different. I consider Fox a cable news. The ones I named ABC,CBS and NBC have a nightly news that you can get without cable.

21 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I guess our ideas of main stream are different. I consider Fox a cable news. The ones I named ABC,CBS and NBC have a nightly news that you can get without cable.

I don’t think that just because it’s on cable you can rule out that it’s not mainstream. It’s one of the most-viewed news networks in the country. That’s pretty mainstream. 

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t keep up with much when it comes to those that you mentioned. I like Huffington NPR. As far as the big 3 go, I’m mostly an MSNBC guy. I do like Cuomo? and Tapper on the CNN side. I’d probably watch Shep on Fox, if he was all there was, but there’s no reason to even take Fox seriously enough to turn it on. Shep needs to jump ship.

I endorse about 90% of that message..

53 minutes ago, kd4au said:

What Shocks said.  Roughly 80% of households have cable/satellite, and that number doesn't include streaming services like Sling which all carry Fox, CNN, etc.  You can't get much more mainstream than that.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

What Shocks said.  Roughly 80% of households have cable/satellite, and that number doesn't include streaming services like Sling which all carry Fox, CNN, etc.  You can't get much more mainstream than that.

It’s a tired excuse that Fox News watchers try to use—for whatever reason other than MSM=BAD! Fox News=GOOD!

Several years ago you could make an argument; but as you said, in this day and age of streaming content and especially the internet, Fox News is about as mainstream as it gets. 

On 3/6/2019 at 1:55 PM, homersapien said:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dnc-fox-news-2020-debates_n_5c800f9ee4b0e62f69e939ad

Totally disagree. If I am a candidate, I want as many Americans as possible to hear my story. I'd see it as a chance to convince voters. Now if I were to come out and and echo the fake racist, homophobic, xenophobic, anti-semantic narratives that permeate MSM, perhaps you have a point. But if I can speak truth to America, I welcome the opportunity.

Archived