Austin Wiley Injury Status

logan adams

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

In all seriousness I hope he can play against South Carolina if *knock on wood* we win our first game. South Carolina is one of the main teams we NEED him against.

That big dude South Carolina has eats us alive. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JMO but I'd take the long view and not play him again until the NCAA tournament.   We are definitely in ...and winning or losing in the SEC will not do much one way or the other for us.   Give him the benefit of as much time as possible and have him ready for a first round game. 

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

JMO but I'd take the long view and not play him again until the NCAA tournament.   We are definitely in ...and winning or losing in the SEC will not do much one way or the other for us.   Give him the benefit of as much time as possible and have him ready for a first round game. 

This makes the most sense but damn am I tired of getting bounced from the SEC tourney in the first freaking game. I would love to be able to win at least 2 games this season and if Wiley helps that at all and isn't at risk of further injuring then play him.

7 hours ago, alexava said:

That big dude South Carolina has eats us alive. 

The Officials hamstrung our Bigs while allowing him free reign in Cola this season.  It was so disgusting I had to walk away from Bball for a while.  It was WWE, the game was decided before the opening tip.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

This makes the most sense but damn am I tired of getting bounced from the SEC tourney in the first freaking game. I would love to be able to win at least 2 games this season and if Wiley helps that at all and isn't at risk of further injuring then play him.

Agree but dang, we ought to win the first game without him if the rest of the guys are even halfway "into" the game without AW.   And I'd rather not see him getting bounced around yet by Silva or Reed if we were to get that far.     I'd much prefer to get passed game # of the NCAA... 

7 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I agree....win the first 2 and the rest is gravy for me as far as SEC tourney is concerned. If Wiley can't give 10-15 minutes by now i don't think a week will help and we can stop wondering if he'll have an impact when it counts. I say use him if we get to that second game.

I would rather go on my run in conference tournament.  We are probably not getting past sweet  16 no matter who plays. I would like to play this Sunday. 

4 hours ago, alexava said:

I would rather go on my run in conference tournament.  We are probably not getting past sweet  16 no matter who plays. I would like to play this Sunday. 

THIS THIS THIS. I want as many titles as possibles. We are not some blue blood who can turn their nose up at conference tourney because we know we have a great chance at making the final 4. Naw man. I want to hang a banner every chance we get. We have the thinnest trophy case when it comes to basketball in league history. If not then we are very much near the bottom. We only have 1 SEC tourney title in our history for mens basketball. I want to change that as much as possible any chance we get. Last year A Mac injury completely messed up our chances to hang a sec tournament title banner. But this year? I say we got a much better shot at making this a reality. We got a *knock on wood* favorable draw and have been playing our best ball of late. LETS GOOOOO!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!! To continue to change the Auburn basketball culture and continue to lay the foundation and building blocks of becoming a perennial good program we cannot continue to have early exits. Especially years we are good. 

19 hours ago, AUGoo said:

The Officials hamstrung our Bigs while allowing him free reign in Cola this season.  It was so disgusting I had to walk away from Bball for a while.  It was WWE, the game was decided before the opening tip.

This is the case in many SEC games. It appears they have already decided what fouls will be called before they ever step on the court - anticipating fouls that never happened against one team, while the other team could toss players into the 3rd row with no call.

21 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

This is the case in many SEC games. It appears they have already decided what fouls will be called before they ever step on the court - anticipating fouls that never happened against one team, while the other team could toss players into the 3rd row with no call.

I've read the Tim Donaghy book, and while I'm not saying there is outright fixing going on but there are so many awful calls that we've seen this season that it's hard not to shut the door on the possibility of there being some sort of agenda. The S Carolina game was about as sketchy as they come. Literally tossing our guys to the floor with no call while if a bead of sweat from Anfernee landed on Silva's arm it was a foul.

If you guys really pulling out the tin foil hats that there's an agenda to take down Auburn basketball because of calls......well actually going by the game threads that's exactly what you think no jokes needed

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

If you guys really pulling out the tin foil hats that there's an agenda to take down Auburn basketball because of calls......well actually going by the game threads that's exactly what you think no jokes needed

I don't think there's an agenda to take Auburn basketball down. However, anybody that watched the AU/SC game and didn't know for a certainty that Silva was getting preferential treatment from the refs was either blind or crusin' down de-nile.

@cole256 the agenda doesn't have to be to take down AU hoops. The agendas, according to Donaghy, are wide spanning. For example, he mentioned there were a few coaches refs loved to give techs to because of how they were constantly yelling or complaining. He said there were times there'd be a bet that whoever called the first tech on a certain player or certain coach that the other refs in the crew had to pay the tech-issuing ref a sum of money. Or that they would blatantly either allow or disallow certain players to do certain things because they know it would shape the game, etc. That's what I was alluding to as far as the agenda. More like personal bias. Bruce gets on refs and I know that they hate it. And refs aren't above natural human bias IMO.

Do you ever listen to Sonny Smith? He is old school when it comes to traveling and 3 secs in the key but past that, every call against Auburn is a bad call and every game tbe opponent’s are getting away with way too much.

Point being if all they hear is Sonny, they might actually believe it.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Do you ever listen to Sonny Smith? He is old school when it comes to traveling and 3 secs in the key but past that, every call against Auburn is a bad call and every game tbe opponent’s are getting away with way too much.

Point being if all they hear is Sonny, they might actually believe it.

Agree on that......and that said, I do believe there is a general "conspiracy" in most power 5 conferences to protect the marquee programs....assure that the highly ranked teams don't get hurt by any close decisions...especially at the end of a game.     Last week both Duke and UNC could have lost games in the last three seconds if refs had called fouls on some pretty rough plays by their defense to prevent last second buckets by opponents.....fouls that very likely would have been called 5 minutes earlier. JMO...

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree on that......and that said, I do believe there is a general "conspiracy" in most power 5 conferences to protect the marquee programs....assure that the highly ranked teams don't get hurt by any close decisions...especially at the end of a game.     Last week both Duke and UNC could have lost games in the last three seconds if refs had called fouls on some pretty rough plays by their defense to prevent last second buckets by opponents.....fouls that very likely would have been called 5 minutes earlier. JMO...

Agree. Nobody will admit it but I do believe there is a bit of favoritism that is often insignificant but there. Think it’s human nature. Refs size up the players and teams, too.  Most of the time these conference tournaments are reffed by people that want to coach in the NCAA tournament though. I think that’s how it works anyway. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Lol Sonny is about as homer as they come

Yep. I remember Sonny could have used a little more fire on the sideline against Indiana. Had a big lead and Bob Knight lit the refs up and Auburn proceeded to get blown out. 

I understand as far as all replied except Mikey, but in the same breath if you read our game threads we are the softest group to ever WATCH basketball. Maybe it's always been like this or maybe with this being a team with high expectations but I don't remember it being like this previous years......but I don't remember more than around 7 people visiting the basketball board 😂😂

I understand as far as all replied except Mikey, but in the same breath if you read our game threads we are the softest group to ever WATCH basketball. Maybe it's always been like this or maybe with this being a team with high expectations but I don't remember it being like this previous years......but I don't remember more than around 7 people visiting the basketball board 😂😂

We have a lotttt of new fans. A lot of people equate a bad stretch or a bad game in basketball to mean the same as it does in football. They're just not the same

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

.but I don't remember more than around 7 people visiting the basketball board 😂😂

That's total nonsense. There were many more people than that posting on the BB board even before the merger. What do you do, dream some weirdness up and then post it as fact? SMH

36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's total nonsense. There were many more people than that posting on the BB board even before the merger. What do you do, dream some weirdness up and then post it as fact? SMH

Conveniently everything I say is nonsense and things you say are fact but you're NEVER right about ANYTHINGbasketball related.....

I don't care what went on before the merger I'm talking the last couple of years I've been here

Saw an interesting post game comment from AW.....said he is 100% and able to play...think he did not play the second half today....guess he might see more time tomorrow?  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Saw an interesting post game comment from AW.....said he is 100% and able to play...think he did not play the second half today....guess he might see more time tomorrow?  

I think he wanted to use him specifically to stop Silva’s initial period where we had no matchup on the court and maybe he felt comfortable over time as Chris slowed down (scoring wise, at least) 

Maybe he didn’t feel completely comfortable allowing him to play against that beast his first game 

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Oh you took that as if I really went back and counted and reported that there were 7 people......the smiley faces laughing didn't hip you to the joke huh? I can see that....you didn't have emojis way back when and you were lucky enough to see people communicate using pigeons when real men didn't even laugh at things funny right?

Archived