Looking back on tournament 2015

This was my first year ever watching Auburn ball fr, and I was preoccupied with a Key Club commencement but that run was otherworldly from what I could gather. Being a 13 seed and smacking both Miss St and A&M then pulling the rug from under LSU...a shame we ran into a TRULY generational, all time, fringe NBA team

I was in Arizona visiting a girl I had originally met in Cali. It just so happened that her youth pastor was Frank Sanders wife. I was at his house watching the game with him. One of the best trips I've ever had.

• WarTiger changed the title to Looking back on tournament 2015
24 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This was my first year ever watching Auburn ball fr,

dang. Marquis, Lewis Monroe, Killingsworth, and Kyle Davis popped that cherry for me. 

52 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

dang. Marquis, Lewis Monroe, Killingsworth, and Kyle Davis popped that cherry for me. 

I didn’t start watching basketball for real until like...2010? And I guess that started with the nba really, I wasn’t following CBB

Antoine Mason was a freaking beast against Kentucky both times we played them. I will always remember him showing up vs that almost undefeated kentucky team and he did not blink. He was not scared at all and raised his level of play tremendously vs them. 

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I didn’t start watching basketball for real until like...2010? And I guess that started with the nba really, I wasn’t following CBB

You kids are killing me. :)  I started watching when they started showing the SEC tournament on TV in the 80's. However I started listening to guys like Eddie Johnson, Mike Mitchell, Pepto Bolden, Gary Redding and co. in the mid 70's. A great shooter on the team was Stan Pietkiewicz who invariably lost a contact lens every game or so it seemed. I remember painting a pretty good picture in my head from listening to the radio broadcast. I wouldn't trade those memories though. Those were the Wonder Years for me. 

10 hours ago, gr82be said:

You kids are killing me. :)  I started watching when they started showing the SEC tournament on TV in the 80's. However I started listening to guys like Eddie Johnson, Mike Mitchell, Pepto Bolden, Gary Redding and co. in the mid 70's. A great shooter on the team was Stan Pietkiewicz who invariably lost a contact lens every game or so it seemed. I remember painting a pretty good picture in my head from listening to the radio broadcast. I wouldn't trade those memories though. Those were the Wonder Years for me. 

Lordy lordy talk about youngster's I remember Joel Eaves and the Auburn shuffle and as for Pietkiewicz I run into him down here in Winter Park, Fl. every so often. Poor Fast Eddie 

Great post by the way

Archived