Trump and Republicans are isolated on climate change

homersapien

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Stop lying again. Your biggest lies usually start with "Stop lying again." And here we go...

I certainly don't see "EVERY" question or joke as racist.  What BS. Then why did you suddenly jump to racism here with exactly ZERO Evidence? 

Also, I didn't claim he was being racist by disparaging a scientific organization because they were in Sudan.  I asked him.  It's a reasonable question. He was laughing at the idea a Sudanese scientific organization should even been considered. Why?

And whatever problems Sudan may have has nothing to do with their scientific organizations, so drop the patronizing attitude by presuming to tell them what their priorities should be. Universities and scientists are important tools for solving their problems.

(You are interested in them trying to solve their own problems aren't you?) That was my question and my point: Why dont they solve more immediate and pressing questions? 

Having such an organization make a statement on AGW is not "funding climate research", which is another one of your typical misrepresentations.  It simply represents an acknowledgement by the scientists in that organization that climate change is going to make solving their problems even more difficult, which it will.

WTH does this have to do with the QUALITY of Research that Sudan does? These links are article ON Sudan.

Here's a brief sampling of information on the impact of climate change in Sudan for your edification:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Sudan+projected+climate+change+impact&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

http://www.ifpri.org/publication/climate-change-and-agriculture-sudan-impact-pathways-beyond-changes-mean-rainfall-and

https://www.cnn.com/2016/12/07/africa/sudan-climate-change/index.html

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/aaba1b/pdf

https://www.wri.org/our-work/project/world-resources-report/climate-change-adaptation-and-decision-making-sudan

Back to the original point about the QUALITY of Research they do in Sudan, not the BS that Sudan, as part of the world is also recognized by those external to Sudan that they may also have issue with Climate Change. (You do excellent COW btw. You cover people up with facts that really arent germane in anyway to the discussion at hand.)

Here is a link to an Inclusive Ranking of International Colleges and Universities:

Please note: In the 800 plus inclusive rankings, using any term I could think up that would remotely be associated with Teaching or Research having to do with Climate Change I got ONE response that seemed to be an error because the DB would not return an actual answer, it only indicated an answer on ONE and only ONE search out of a dozen or more.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2019/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/-1/sort_by/scores_overall/sort_order/asc/cols/scores

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Back to the original point about the QUALITY of Research they do in Sudan, not the BS that Sudan, as part of the world is also recognized by those external to Sudan that they may also have issue with Climate Change. (You do excellent COW btw. You cover people up with facts that really arent germane in anyway to the discussion at hand.)

Here is a link to an Inclusive Ranking of International Colleges and Universities:

Please note: In the 800 plus inclusive rankings, using any term I could think up that would remotely be associated with Teaching or Research having to do with Climate Change I got ONE response that seemed to be an error because the DB would not return an actual answer, it only indicated an answer on ONE and only ONE search out of a dozen or more.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2019/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/-1/sort_by/scores_overall/sort_order/asc/cols/scores

Are you seriously going to argue the scientific reality of AGW because a Sudanese science society issued a statement confirming it? 

Man, that's beyond stupid. It does make one wonder why someone would think that way if it's not related to racism or arrogant cultural chauvinism.  That's why I asked if race had anything to do with Jordan's opinion of Sudan's scientific society.

And the fact that Sudanese scientists are focusing on applied, practical  research into the local  impacts of global warming instead of basic research on it is totally appropriate and sensible.  The articles I linked reflect the focus of their research.  And you know squat about the "quality" of said research.  Squat.

In fact, you have no reason to badmouth their scientists than your implied opinion they are a "****hole" country in Africa that cannot produce science. (as Trump would put it). 

Finally, how about the other 200+ scientific organizations around the world that have issue statements on AGW?

This picking out Sudan for signing on to the global consensus as justification for your AGW denial is not just xenophobic or racist, it's totally wacko. 

And you lie, habitually. Begging the question and making unsupported hyperbolic claims are an integral part of your style.

17 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Hypothetical for you homer. If your Sudanese scientist friends wrote a paper on the hoax that is climate change, would you change your mind?

Certainly if they called it "hoax".  No genuine scientist would suggest that.  It's absurd.

Stupid even.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Are you seriously going to argue the scientific reality of AGW because a Sudanese science society issued a statement confirming it? 

Man, that's beyond stupid. It does make one wonder why someone would think that way if it's not related to racism or arrogant cultural chauvinism.  That's why I asked if race had anything to do with Jordan's opinion of Sudan's scientific society.

And the fact that Sudanese scientists are focusing on applied, practical  research into the local  impacts of global warming instead of basic research on it is totally appropriate and sensible.  The articles I linked reflect the focus of their research.  And you know squat about the "quality" of said research.  Squat.

In fact, you have no reason to badmouth their scientists than your implied opinion they are a "****hole" country in Africa that cannot produce science. (as Trump would put it). 

Finally, how about the other 200+ scientific organizations around the world that have issue statements on AGW?

This picking out Sudan for signing on to the global consensus as justification for your AGW denial is not just xenophobic or racist, it's totally wacko. 

And you lie, habitually. Begging the question and making unsupported hyperbolic claims are an integral part of your style.

You are so funny lil man. I never said a word of that.

Sudan is a war torn country that needs a lot of help. That is all I was referring to, Nothing more. It has been war torn at some level since the 90s. They have the monopoly on 21st Century Pirates all locked up. That is ll I was referring to. Anything past that is a figment of your jacked up lil head.

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You are so funny lil man. I never said a word of that.

Just fighting fire with fire. How does it feel?

Sudan is a war torn country that needs a lot of help. That is all I was referring to, Nothing more. It has been war torn at some level since the 90s. They have the monopoly on 21st Century Pirates all locked up. That is ll I was referring to. Anything past that is a figment of your jacked up lil head.

Archived