Plenty of mud to spill on UT

tgr4lfe

They were talking about that on a local show this morning but also reported that William Andrews was popped for some kind of theft deal. I didn't get the whole story but apparently both McCants and Andrews have been making some really dumb decisions.

Who? I've never even heard of this guy before. The car broke down and he kept it for 2 or 3 hours longer than he was supposed to. He even called them and told them that it broke down. How did this make it to Foxsports.com? Who freakin cares!! :rolleyes:

God I hate baseball season...absolutely nothing to read or talk about...sheesh!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3540338

Article on keith McCants and theft of motor vehicle.  Even after football still can't stay out of trouble.  Just goes to show you live the way you grew up!

155821[/snapback]

Dang, you'd think he might do some good for the Alabama Secondary. Lord knows they need help in that department

Surely one of the good old boys would have provided a car for him. :D

Surely one of the good old boys would have provided a car for him. :D

155910[/snapback]

The good ole boys don't provide anything to EX-Players. Now high school or current players... See ole Logan.... oops... See ole TBD

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3540338

Article on keith McCants and theft of motor vehicle.  Even after football still can't stay out of trouble.  Just goes to show you live the way you grew up!

155821[/snapback]

Dang, you'd think he might do some good for the Alabama Secondary. Lord knows they need help in that department

155872[/snapback]

If you're gonna slam Bama about something...at least make your argument intelligent. Bama had the #1 rated pass defense in the nation last year...and is already being touted as one of the nations best this season. Hell, if you're gonna dog us...dog us about or passing game, or our lack of scoring last year...dont dog us about the #1 ranked pass d.

And I still dont understand why it reflects poorly on a university when a guy is gone for 20 years and then commits a crime. In a 20 year span you have more than 600 kids play football for you...and probably around 250 play bball. You take a random sampling of any 600 people and tell me you're not going to find trouble.

And I still dont understand why it reflects poorly on a university when a guy is gone for 20 years ...

156121[/snapback]

I agree with you here, BG. The actions a player from twenty years ago that has now gone bad have little or no significance relative to his school. Using them to poke fun at the school is really stretching for a point. It may be current events, but from the point of view of the school connection, it's ancient history and I don't see much reason to talk about it at all.

[Of course, I don't see much point in talking about former coaches that have been dead for 20 years, or ancient national championships, either--but obviously there are some who are obsessed with such! :big::poke: ]

[Of course, I don't see much point in talking about former coaches that have been dead for 20 years, or ancient national championships, either--but obviously there are some who are obsessed with such!  :big:   :poke: ]

156126[/snapback]

Eh...ancient or not, you, being an Auburn fan, don't expect a school to forget about winning a national championship, do you? Afterall, Auburn fans should know about as well as anybody how hard it is to win one, right? hmm.gif

But don't blame tgr4lfe for this stupid topic getting in the news...blame baseball. :P

Baseball is the root of all evil, Bush should include it in the "Axis of Evil". :big:

I agree with BG, former players from way back when shouldn't reflect on the current state of any athletic program, different coaches, athletic directors and so on.

[Of course, I don't see much point in talking about former coaches that have been dead for 20 years, or ancient national championships, either--but obviously there are some who are obsessed with such!  :big:   :poke: ]

156126[/snapback]

Eh...ancient or not, you, being an Auburn fan, don't expect a school to forget about winning a national championship, do you? Afterall, Auburn fans should know about as well as anybody how hard it is to win one, right?

156127[/snapback]

Oh, I can respect anyone's MNC, I just don't think about old ones. I'm glad Auburn has one from 1957, but I don't bring it up in practically every football conversation I have about Auburn--as some do about their schools. I loved and respected Shug Jordan, but before this minute I don't think I've mentioned his name as other than part of "Jordan-Hare Stadium" in several years.. And you know, it sure is nice to have current football victories to talk about instead of having to live in the past! :big:

And while we're blaming baseball, can I bitch about them ruining my regular prime-time TV watching as well? :D

I would quote all of you but that would take wa too long. BG you good and dang well that the UA fans do the same thing IF a former AUBURN TIGER gets into trouble.

I agree the whole dead coach thing has been old for 21 years

aunuma1, you are corrrect about baseball. Only exciting thing in it last week was Sheffield almost punching out the fan who hit him AND the fan only got his tickets taken and away.

Baseball season is a boring time of year, all though the AU baseball team is doing rather well.

Archived