baseball vs Vanderbilt game 1

Well….lost opportunity....4 base runners that inning and nobody scored......and two left on....so maybe it was a total of 5 base runners?    whatever....had a great chance to get back into the game. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very possible a freshman rotation of Skipper Wade and Fuller will have to lead Auburn to the finish this season.  Hopefully Jack will be ready to re-enter the rotation before the end of the year but wow. 

Guess they might play the rest of this tonight and CBT will have to decide who to "spend" for the rest of the game....which is still in doubt.   Can't assume that the game is out of reach  so we need someone who has a chance of holding Vandy where they are and getting us most the way to the 8th perhaps.....  

SOOOO......who might that be? 

OK....Elliott Anderson on the mound to try and get out of some problems he inherited …..and danm………walks the first batter he faces so V has 2 runners on and one out.

And now a passed ball....crap....what's  going on 

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Weird. Butch Thompson got ejected during the delay

Expect he might have had some comments about umps keeping the game underway during that heavy shower.....which probably contributed to whatever happened to Burns..    Game should have been stopped much earlier....

OMG….catcher drops high pop foul and inning should be over....but...NO...

And base hit brings in two runs....unearned.....boy the defense, or lack of it has cost us dearly tonight.....

Another run in for Vandy.....EA let this get away....not all his fault but he did not help himself with the walk Guys have to get over stuff like that....to give up back to back hits is just not gonna help.   

Now we have another error for the catcher that lets another run score....this is a team that I really in trouble...not just tonight, but for the season . 

Wow! What a horrible half inning for Scheffler. Passed ball, error on the popup, and then a throw to second that's not even close to being on target.

Batters taking strikes over the plate and swinging at stuff they can't  reach.  

That rain delay just shut down our team. ….most of our guys......their brains just moved on to some different subject I guess.    

Meanwhile, sure hate to see EA having problems....the kid really looks the part of a big time pitcher...but I guess control issues keep him on the defensive. 

I know this is a great Vandy team, but I expected better from us after a great series win and a big mid week win. I thought some positive mojo would carry over. Instead we are playing very poorly tonight. At this point, we are who we are. We need to recruit better hitters.  I hope we at least make it competitive the next 2 games. 

yhat.??  ...another pop up that nobody can catch.   EA should have just run out of the way instead  of getting in the traffic pattern....fortunately it turned out to be a foul ball since it was not touched in fair territory.     Not sure why our pitchers are acting like they are gonna catch those.....shoot...just leave it to the infielders to get the ball and get out of the way.

Good on Coach Thompson to stick up for his guys. At least he has fire and passion because right now I don't see it from the guys on the field. 

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Good on Coach Thompson to stick up or his guys. At least he has fire and passion because right now I don't see it from the guys on the field. 

Agree...glad he did that but IMO he should have been out there during the rain and stood around on the mound until the ump came out and then made his case and raised hell if that's what it took.    .  Waited too late to do any good with a tantrum after the damage was done but I don't blame him for blowing up. . 

Archived