Calling states like Alabama “pro life” is a sad joke

TexasTiger

On 5/20/2019 at 9:45 AM, TexasTiger said:

Valuing life means more than allowing birth.

I agree but before you can value life you can't terminate it. The points many make about how poor Alabama, Georgia and other states are true they do a lousy job of taking care of people and that should be addressed. I work with groups in our church that provide aid to mothers  to help them make the choice of not aborting a living being.  I believe our groups should provide more long term care not just prenatal care and help for a year or two after.  

I value life in all its stages. I am against the Death Penalty for multiple reasons from there have been mistakes made and innocent people have died to the most important reason is I value life itself.  The only reason to terminate life is in self defense or to save another life.  We should not execute people be they in prison or the womb. I understand a woman wanting a choice on their own body. I submit they have a choice of having sex or not having sex, of using contraceptives or not using contraceptives.  I believe once the cell mass forms that has DNA from both father and mother that it is a living being and as such has the right to life. Science supports me in this belief. 

Before somebody asks about incest or rape which is a very small percent of the total babies that are aborted while I personally would also like those babies be brought to term and kept or adopted I would concede this point as it would stop the large numbers of abortions that currently occur.  

The other area all of us need to remove the stigma from woman if they have a child out of wedlock. One it took a man and woman to make the child two the father should be as responsible in supporting the child as the woman and we should all help and not judge as none of us are perfect.

I don't disagree with the premise that some states are not really pro-life as if they were they would provide more care for those in need. To be truly pro-life you need to value life from conception to death and that does include taking care of people in need. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree but before you can value life you can't terminate it. The points many make about how poor Alabama, Georgia and other states are true they do a lousy job of taking care of people and that should be addressed. I work with groups in our church that provide aid to mothers  to help them make the choice of not aborting a living being.  I believe our groups should provide more long term care not just prenatal care and help for a year or two after.  

I value life in all its stages. I am against the Death Penalty for multiple reasons from there have been mistakes made and innocent people have died to the most important reason is I value life itself.  The only reason to terminate life is in self defense or to save another life.  We should not execute people be they in prison or the womb. I understand a woman wanting a choice on their own body. I submit they have a choice of having sex or not having sex, of using contraceptives or not using contraceptives.  I believe once the cell mass forms that has DNA from both father and mother that it is a living being and as such has the right to life. Science supports me in this belief. 

Before somebody asks about incest or rape which is a very small percent of the total babies that are aborted while I personally would also like those babies be brought to term and kept or adopted I would concede this point as it would stop the large numbers of abortions that currently occur.  

The other area all of us need to remove the stigma from woman if they have a child out of wedlock. One it took a man and woman to make the child two the father should be as responsible in supporting the child as the woman and we should all help and not judge as none of us are perfect.

I don't disagree with the premise that some states are not really pro-life as if they were they would provide more care for those in need. To be truly pro-life you need to value life from conception to death and that does include taking care of people in need. 

Do you support a tax earmarked to fund full support for families who have children with significant developmental issues requiring extensive caretaking if abortion is outlawed?

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Do you support a tax earmarked to fund full support for families who have children with significant developmental issues requiring extensive caretaking if abortion is outlawed?

Considering the small number of cases where that is the reason for abortion yes I would. I can't make the human race perfect but killing babies is not the answer.

8 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Considering the small number of cases where that is the reason for abortion yes I would. I can't make the human race perfect but killing babies is not the answer.

Thanks for your reply. While the percentage may not be high, the overall number may be larger than you think.

What about folks who can’t afford to have/raise a child? More government assistance?

Archived