Nick Marshall Highlights

StatTiger

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Go back and watch some clips of Campbell.  He really came into his own, especially when Borges arrived.

Didn’t he have like 4 OCs? Not ideal. He was surrounded by talent, but he was NFL quality.

23 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Didn’t he have like 4 OCs? Not ideal. He was surrounded by talent, but he was NFL quality.

Including the pros, he had 6 in 6 at one point I believe. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m not dogging JC. Just saying he wasn’t better than NM. Yes, I did follow Auburn then. I remember people didn’t like him until his senior year. He was still a better QB than Cobb, which is who was the first QB I really paid attention to as a fan. 

Please, "he had one good year". That's pure ignorance if not dogging. Also, plenty of people supported JC on these boards throughout his career.  He might have had more vocal doubters than supporters after nallsminger worked their 2003 "magic", but I never supported removing him as qb, and plenty of others supported him too. We knew TT and his home made offensive cluster-bleep was to blame for the offense in 2003. 

His rating in 2002 was 149.3 with 11 td's and 5 td's which was awesome w/ limited starts, highest QB rating in the SEC. He never had below 60% completion percentage and was a first round draft pick, played 10 years in the pros that had a longer and better NFL career than most if not all of those you credit for making him so good in 2004. 

Name the last AU qb to play ten years in the pros. Seriously, do it. Cam's not there yet. 

NM was amazing, but it was mainly because he fit so well in Gus' offense, and barely got a sip of coffee in the NFL. JC excelled as a college qb while playing for 4 different OC's in 4 years. 

52 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Please, "he had one good year". That's pure ignorance if not dogging. 

11 TDs and 5 INTs in limited starts in 2002 doesn’t move the needle for me.

Even his “great” year was rather pedestrian stats wise compared to the great years today. 

Also, plenty of people supported JC on these boards throughout his career.

I believe you. If people chose to fight with dial up and the bulky desk tops at the time just to argue about Campbell, they are the true heroes and your knowledge of this should be passed on for years and years to come. 

NM was amazing, but it was mainly because he fit so well in Gus' offense, and barely got a sip of coffee in the NFL

Did you really just say this? There should be a dime a dozen that can fit right in don’t you think? 

played 10 years in the pros that had a longer and better NFL career than most if not all of those you credit for making him so good in 2004

And for the better part of those years he was either an average game manager qb leaving lots to be desired, or holding a clipboard. His best year was with the team that didn’t draft him in the first round until he got injured and the Raiders decided to trade for Carson Palmer. 

Not sure what the NFL has to do with this debate anyway. Was he a better college QB than Tebow too?

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Even his “great” year was rather pedestrian stats wise compared to the great years today.

He completed 69.6% of his passes for a 172.9 QBR in 2004.

Nick Marshall is a better college football player than Pat. Sully was the better QB. There that settles it and both parties can be happy with this outcome. 

Before I arrived  y'all were all like:

ron re.gif

Now it is like: 

ron.jpg

b free.png

rbdh.gif

12 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He completed 69.6% of his passes for a 172.9 QBR in 2004.

He was then an effective game manager with a plethora of talent around him.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

He was then an effective game manager with a plethora of talent around him.

I don't really give a s*** about your opinion, I was just posting fact.

11 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I don't really give a s*** about your opinion, I was just posting fact.

I don’t even know why you replied. It certainly didn’t counter anything I said. I didn’t say that it wasn’t a great year for him. Marshall had 600 more total yards and 11 more total TDs in 2014 than Campbell in 2004. Stidham had over 3300 yards passing his junior year. Cam’s stats walloped his. Marshall and Cam made their impact pop in more than one way.

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t even know why you replied. It certainly didn’t counter anything I said. I didn’t say that it wasn’t a great year for him. Marshall had 600 more total yards and 11 more total TDs in 2014 than Campbell in 2004. Stidham had over 3300 yards passing his junior year. Cam’s stats walloped his. Marshall and Cam made their impact pop in more than one way.

You stated his stats were pedestrian, I provided evidence that you were wrong. 

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

You stated his stats were pedestrian,

Are you just reading what you want to read these days?  I said they were pedestrian compared to “_____ today” You fill in the blanks. 

You know you want to hit that ignore button. Do it. 

Game manager Greg Mcleroy hit 70 percent of his passes on more attempts and basically had better stats across the board, but I guess he too is the best thing since slice bread around here. 

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Game manager Greg Mcleroy hit 70 percent of his passes on more attempts and basically had better stats across the board, but I guess he too is the best thing since slice bread around here. 

Also, a NC. He would probably be considered the #2 QB by most around here if he did that Auburn. And to be fair, the Alabama fans I am around consider him at least top 5 for their school. AJ McCarron who is pedestrian in the NFL is considered arguably #1 behind Joe Namath of course. So I agree that NFL success does not equate to great college QB or vice verse. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

11 TDs and 5 INTs in limited starts in 2002 doesn’t move the needle for me.

I believe you. If people chose to fight with dial up and the bulky desk tops at the time just to argue about Campbell, they are the true heroes and your knowledge of this should be passed on for years and years to come. 

Did you really just say this? There should be a dime a dozen that can fit right in don’t you think? 

And for the better part of those years he was either an average game manager qb leaving lots to be desired, or holding a clipboard. His best year was with the team that didn’t draft him in the first round until he got injured and the Raiders decided to trade for Carson Palmer. 

Not sure what the NFL has to do with this debate anyway. Was he a better college QB than Tebow too?

I'm not here to "move you needle". Your needle is ignorant and kind of hopeless.

Yes, I said that NM was so great because he fit Malzahn's O.  If this isn't the case please list all other offenses (excluding juco) that NM excelled in? Pro, CFL, any offense at all. How super awesome of a QB was he outside of Malzahn's O?  Please enlighten us with your knowledge. We've been waiting since you spouted off with ignorance in this thread. 

The reference to his pro time is significant because it shows he had true skills that transcended the pros and while he was no star he did amass 16K + yds in the pros. You ignore this because it hurts your argument. 

Now, you throw in this ridiculous crap about Tim Tebow. Apparently, your too dense to realize that I haven't even claimed JC was a better AU qb than NM. I have just pointed out that your knocks on JC are pure ignorance and blasted every negative thing you've said about him. But that won't stop you when you are in jeffy mode. 

Remember that time you left the board for a long time and when you came back you tried hard not to be a true aujeff11???

that-was-awesome.jpg

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Also, a NC. He would probably be considered the #2 QB by most around here if he did that Auburn. And to be fair, the Alabama fans I am around co spider him at least top 5 for their school.

That’s probably about right. Like Gwill says we have never been a passing offense and really either of Coker, Mccarron,  McElroy could make a case for number two. Not enough fans respect Coker for his game. He made plays with his feet that should’ve pushed him into the playmaker sphere. 

Still, Bama has struggled for decades just to put a starting QB on the NFL opening day roster. That streak may still be going on. 

1 minute ago, tiger88 said:

I'm not here to "move you needle". Your needle is ignorant and kind of hopeless.

TL: DR

😁

I think Nick Marshall game is a little under appreciated. Was Jason Campbell a better QB? Yes. But from an impact standpoint, NM, IMO, was better. Jason Campbell, who is a great QB, had a lot of talent around him. NM made the offense at Auburn go. He was the nucleus of the offense. I don’t think that can be denied. Pat was before my time so it is unfair for me to judge him during this debate. 

But I would be wary with including NFL production as a way of determining this. I mean is Rex Grossman a better college QB than Tim Tebow? Most would argue no. 

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think Nick Marshall game is a little under appreciated. Was Jason Campbell a better QB? Yes. But from an impact standpoint , NM , IMO, was better. Jason Campbell, who is a great QB, had a lot of talent around him. NM made the offense at Auburn go. He was the nucleus of the offense . I don’t think that can be denied. Pat was before my time so it is unfair for me to judge him during this debate. 

But I would be wary with including NFL production as a way of deterring this . I mean is Rex Grossman a better college QB than Tim Tebow? Most would argue no. 

Well said. NM was a DB at Georgia and still ended up being one of the most prolific Auburn QBs in our history. His 3rd and 11 throw to Coates late in the fourth in the National Championship game was clutch even for the man with ice in his veins.

1. Cam

2. Nick Marshall

3 and on down: the poors can fight for the rest.

Jason Campbell was an overall better QB IMO.  Nick's insane combination of speed, arm strength and calmness in the pocket puts him up there as one of the greatest play makers Auburn has ever had. 

Both thrived only after getting into the right offensive fit/coaching and having the right personnel around them.

18 hours ago, bigbird said:

I could see him at 3rd but I could also see people putting him behind Campbell, White, or L. Nix as well

tenor.gif

Maybe we should judge the QBs based on their timing at AU: A.J. (“In the year of our Jeff) and B.J. (you decide)

Archived