Steven Leath Out As AU President.

jared52

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

If you wanted him gone, just be happy, forget the money and move along....works best that way in my experience. 

While that type of thinking may work if you do this with one or two people/jobs, it's not sustainable to do it with like 5 or 6. How many people is Auburn now overpaying just to go away? Its absurd and definitely cripples Auburns ability to put money into more meaningful things. Not attacking you, but it's just mind boggling to me. 

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AU64 said:

In a "mutual decision" it's common for folks to agree not to say bad things about each other.....which IMO is the best way to terminate a relationship....marriage or otherwise.    Nobody comes out a winner in a  p+++++g contest.

Still.….there is probably more than just salary involved....usually is at that level.  If you wanted him gone, just be happy, forget the money and move along....works best that way in my experience. 

AU must be pretty worried about what he’ll say. 

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

AU must be pretty worried about what he’ll say. 

Might work both ways.....but a dispute helps no one...JMO.

11 hours ago, CR said:

And I thought coaches left AU  with full pockets. Who would trust this BOT to hire a new President after this disaster?

The crazy thing is no one likes the BoT. Not posters here (obv), not the economics teachers that watch them waste this money, not the students, evidently the donors are souring on them, they just have the teflon of being the Board. I feel like everyone needs a check to balance them and unfortunately no one is checking the people who need to be checked the most. Theyve hired nobodies for what is supposed to be a premier academic and athletic program even when prior nobodies were clearly inexperienced, just because they played ball. How does this set no one off???

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

Might work both ways.....but a dispute helps no one...JMO.

I get where you’re coming from, but what doesn’t help AU is this endless cycle of bad hires and subsequent payoffs. It should happen rarely, not regularly. It doesn’t appear to most of us that there is any accountability for the ones making these decisions. 

I hope to one day reach a level of such incompetence that my employer pays me more than my salary to not show up to work. I swear I've been living life wrong this entire time. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I hope to one day reach a level of such incompetence that my employer pays me more than my salary to not show up to work. I swear I've been living life wrong this entire time. 

You should try professional sports or coaching....that is where the big money is made for not doing your job well.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

You should try professional sports or coaching....that is where the big money is made for not doing your job well.

I just applied for every open position available at Iowa State. In a few years I'll be making the big bucks from AU to keep my butt at home. It's pretty much science at this point.

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I just applied for every open position available at Iowa State. In a few years I'll be making the big bucks from AU to keep my butt at home. It's pretty much science at this point.

They do seem to be our Triple A affiliate. Next stop, the big leagues. 

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

tenor.gif

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I get where you’re coming from, but what doesn’t help AU is this endless cycle of bad hires and subsequent payoffs. It should happen rarely, not regularly. It doesn’t appear to most of us that there is any accountability for the ones making these decisions. 

We we have an AD making 10% across the board  cuts in his dept while the BOT pays double salary to the Prez to keep him quiet. 

You cant make this stuff up folks.😜

Two words: Tim Cook. We need this guy on the Board of Trustees. He’s clearly the most qualified, and I have full confidence that he could steer this clown car in a positive direction. 

Questions:  

1) Was he seriously considered last time there was a board seat opening?

2) Would he actually consider joining the board? I could totally understand why he wouldn’t want to be associated with the current bunch, but we need a strong leader on the board to prevent us from making the same stupid mistakes repeatedly.

1 hour ago, TigerStripe said:

Two words: Tim Cook. We need this guy on the Board of Trustees. He’s clearly the most qualified, and I have full confidence that he could steer this clown car in a positive direction. 

Questions:  

1) Was he seriously considered last time there was a board seat opening?

2) Would he actually consider joining the board? I could totally understand why he wouldn’t want to be associated with the current bunch, but we need a strong leader on the board to prevent us from making the same stupid mistakes repeatedly.

I believe he's on Duke's BOT.  I doubt he'd suffer the fools on AU's.

I'm pissed about paying Leath 4.5 mil not to be the pres just like everyone else, but it's time we move on and put this mistake to bed. Yes we could have used that to facilities or smoothies or toner or whatever else, but what's done is done and we don't have to deal with that moron anymore. 

2 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I'm pissed about paying Leath 4.5 mil not to be the pres just like everyone else, but it's time we move on and put this mistake to bed. Yes we could have used that to facilities or smoothies or toner or whatever else, but what's done is done and we don't have to deal with that moron anymore. 

But the same people who hired that moron, believed him to be wonderfully competent just a couple of years ago. Recent history: An AD hired from the lofty role of ticket manager, Jetgate, hiring a coach with a 5-19 record, Lebo, Barbee, Myers, $49 million contract right before an 8-5 season, etc...etc....etc....Now the Leath Debacle. I can move on from one, or two, or even three of these, but en masse it is hard to overlook. 

If Tim Cook would be willing to join and be able to put the time and effort into the position, I would be thrilled to have him on board. Running Apple is time consuming though, so I wouldn't count on it.

I would be interested to see if Les Snead would be interested in joining the board.

It's obvious that the individuals who make of the board now are a bit incompetent when it comes to making wise decisions.

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

But the same people who hired that moron, believed him to be wonderfully competent just a couple of years ago. Recent history: An AD hired from the lofty role of ticket manager, Jetgate, hiring a coach with a 5-19 record, Lebo, Barbee, Myers, $49 million contract right before an 8-5 season, etc...etc....etc....Now the Leath Debacle. I can move on from one, or two, or even three of these, but en masse it is hard to overlook. 

BOT has probably totally turned over at least twice at least in the time frame that all of this happened....same people not involved in most instances.   That's the purpose of a BOT....so nobody is really personally accountable.  

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

To be fair, Jetgate didn't happen under JJ's watch. That was Lowder's plan and Housel went along with it.

4 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

To be fair

nobody wanting to be fair.....:no:   

Won a football national championship, played in another, went to WCWS, a final four in basketball, etc. etc.....none of that counts.  

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

nobody wanting to be fair.....:no:   

Won a football national championship, played in another, went to WCWS, a final four in basketball, etc. etc.....none of that counts.  

JJ gets credit for hiring Bruce but Greene gets all the credit for him still being around this past season. Leath wanted him gone according to what's been posted here time and again. So the final four run is on Greene IMO. 

27 minutes ago, gr82be said:

JJ gets credit for hiring Bruce but Greene gets all the credit for him still being around this past season. Leath wanted him gone according to what's been posted here time and again. So the final four run is on Greene IMO. 

I don't think it's a coincidence either that right when Greene is put in command, our programs seemed to excel. 

1 hour ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

I don't think it's a coincidence either that right when Greene is put in command, our programs seemed to excel. 

Which ones?   basketball and baseball.?   ...football still just above mid -level, softball and most other sports holding their own at best.  I'm happy that AG is at Auburn but i don't give him any credit for what the coaches have done....or blame for what they have not done.    Was just noting that under JJ and previous presidents we had a number of undefeated football teams plus some championships and a nice streak over bama in football. Things go up and down.....

Funny thing to me is that the two programs that had really languished in recent years have gotten turned around this past year.....and will be interesting to see if they can sustain themselves. 

Archived