Steven Leath Out As AU President.

jared52

1 hour ago, keesler said:

He's getting paid more than double what his salary would've been for the next three years.  And it was not in his contract, they executed a Separation Agreement because his confidentiality came with a steep price - the BOT made sure he keep those lips sealed.  

Honestly, I was 100% all for Leath getting hired because he had no connection to AU.  I wanted new blood who could stand up to the BOT and move Auburn forward without the good ole boy network pulling strings like they've always done in the past.  Turns out the BOT didn't like Leath's bold confidence because he didn't exhibit the "trademark humility" that Auburn takes such pride in.

Leath was cocky, brash, and forceful with his actions and public remarks about his intentions to take AU to another level.  The BOT didn't appreciate that ballsy type leading the school, they'd much rather have a meek, mild mannered leader at the helm I guess.

If you read the article, I don't think the Board had a problem w/ his brash strong visions. It was his lack of execution of that talk that showed he could not deliver what he brashly boasted. 

Also, his communication skills and quick comments and emails, that required him to smooth over his strange comments or for the Board to come out and contradict his statements were another area that didn't fit what they expected from 'The Auburn President'. 

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, keesler said:

He's getting paid more than double what his salary would've been for the next three years.  And it was not in his contract, they executed a Separation Agreement because his confidentiality came with a steep price - the BOT made sure he keep those lips sealed.  

Honestly, I was 100% all for Leath getting hired because he had no connection to AU.  I wanted new blood who could stand up to the BOT and move Auburn forward without the good ole boy network pulling strings like they've always done in the past.  Turns out the BOT didn't like Leath's bold confidence because he didn't exhibit the "trademark humility" that Auburn takes such pride in.

Leath was cocky, brash, and forceful with his actions and public remarks about his intentions to take AU to another level.  The BOT didn't appreciate that ballsy type leading the school, they'd much rather have a meek, mild mannered leader at the helm I guess.

They came out ahead. Another year he would have blown another 10 or 12 million like he has over the past few years. Probably RH agreed to pay him because he was the one that talked him into the $49 mill for Gus. Really doesn’t matter. He was a joke when he got here and left like one. Good riddance 

Archived