Auburn's Week 1 Depth Chart

RunInRed

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I honestly think everyone is overreacting to this Coe OLB thing. I believe Gus did that because Coe is such a valuable asset to our D that he wanted his name as a starter. I think the closest thing we will see to Coe lining up at OLB with the exception of Buck will be in a 46 or Bear type of Front. Otherwise...I think its all semantics.

I'm certainly not overreacting and I offered the same 46 defense explanation earlier in the thread.

I don't think they just wanted to list Coe as a starter bc they could have easily listed him at DT ahead of Truesdell and been fine. 

There has been something made about a gamesmanship angle lately, too.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/27/2019 at 7:28 PM, bigbird said:

50/50 😁

are you saying we might swing both ways suga? or ya gonna wave me off?   lol

On 8/27/2019 at 7:47 PM, ellitor said:

Nigh?

ellitor what guy do you think is going to have such an impact on the team this years heads will be turning? thanx. i will hang up and listen.............

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Number 1 concern on Defense...Nick Coe backup at half the Defense....he can only sub in for 1 guy at a time...scary

Guess you can't understand it, that's cool. I see you're super excited so you're just posting stuff just to be posting. You to have wise cracks but post the give him his due stuff with a straight face is amusing though

44 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I'm not debating anything. You said you were confused so I was offering you an explanation. It's just a depth chart. I'm pretty confident Steele understands that other teams can exploit his players, on the field. 👌

That's probably the disconnect, you thought my post was directed to you and you were answering questions.....nah I wasn't talking about that and I'm sure Steele understands stuff too as most coaches do yet here we are on a football board offering opinions......

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I wasn't on the board at that time, but as a fan of Madison Academy and seeing them play I never once had a thought that MM was better than KJ. I did think he would turn out to be more productive than he has though. You know who his build reminds me of.....Rudy Johnson. Wish he played like Rudy.

Yeah I didn’t necessarily think he was gonna be better than KJ, but when the two were together Malik sure looked like the prospective college RB. Kid looked like an SEC rb even in the 10th grade. And yes, I would have definitely thought he would have had more production by now.  

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's probably the disconnect, you thought my post was directed to you and you were answering questions.....nah I wasn't talking about that and I'm sure Steele understands stuff too as most coaches do yet here we are on a football board offering opinions......

I didn't think or assume your post stating your confusion was directed towards me, but ya know this being a message board and all.....well nevermind, you're clearly only interested in being an ass.

23 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I didn't think or assume your post stating your confusion was directed towards me, but ya know this being a message board and all.....well nevermind, you're clearly only interested in being an ass.

Lol. Read Your last post/reply and I'M the one being an ass?? Ok. Whatever you say. But it's cool now. We can all move on and not clutter up the thread. Thanks

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Which game was that?  If Louisville I’m pretty sure Jovon sprained his ankle after that 2nd carry and didn’t come back till mid season and then either got hurt or the doghouse.  I don’t remember much of 2015 🍻🥃🍻🥴

Oh snap, I stand corrected.  I merged that game in my brain with the Jax State game where he was arguing to get in the game.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. Read Your last post/reply and I'M the one being an ass?? Ok. Whatever you say. But it's cool now. We can all move on and not clutter up the thread. Thanks

Yes, yes you are. I was trying to have a civil conversation, with you.  

5 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Yes, yes you are. I was trying to have a civil conversation, with you.  

No nothing about

"I'mpretty confident Steele understands that other teams can exploit his players, on the field. 👌"

Was trying to have a civil conversation. But whatever, we can move on

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No nothing about

"I'mpretty confident Steele understands that other teams can exploit his players, on the field. 👌"

Was trying to have a civil conversation. But whatever, we can move on

Seems a pretty fair statement after you said you were confused about Coe being listed at OLB and then this...

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

What are you talking about? You're trying to debate something that's not there. If you go out on the field you can be exploited. Period

Again, I was just trying to talk some ball. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Guess you can't understand it, that's cool. I see you're super excited so you're just posting stuff just to be posting. You to have wise cracks but post the give him his due stuff with a straight face is amusing though

WTH are you talking about?  I didn't make any wise cracks??? 

And who the heck are you to tell me I am posting stuff to just be posting. You don't know me.I don't give a rat's hind end what you agree or disagree with, but I post when I see something that I feel like I can contribute to the conversation. "Guess you can't understand it, that's cool." 

Show me where the heck I did any of what you just said.

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Yeah I didn’t necessarily think he was gonna be better than KJ, but when the two were together Malik sure looked like the prospective college RB. Kid looked like an SEC rb even in the 10th grade. And yes, I would have definitely thought he would have had more production by now.  

You hit the nail on the head. That was a fierce backfield. He just seems so much slower now than he did then, of course he is playing in the SEC and not 4A high school football

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

WTH are you talking about?  I didn't make any wise cracks??? 

And who the heck are you to tell me I am posting stuff to just be posting. You don't know me.I don't give a rat's hind end what you agree or disagree with, but I post when I see something that I feel like I can contribute to the conversation. "Guess you can't understand it, that's cool." 

Show me where the heck I did any of what you just said.

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Number 1 concern on Defense...Nick Coe backup at half the Defense....he can only sub in for 1 guy at a time...scary

I feel like I'm being punked right now.....or I'm in the Twilight zone

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I feel like I'm being punked right now.....or I'm in the Twilight zone

Ok....maybe you took that out of context. That wasn't a wise crack whatsoever. That was a legit concern that Nick Coe seems to be the second man up multiple times in our Depth Chart. If he goes down That is a scary thing. It would be scary if anybody goes down on the Dline. I don't even understand how that is taken out of context, but whatever. Here...I will re-word my original posts for you to understand that I am not making wisecracks or doing any "give him his due" BC. PSA-the following is a slight wisecrack 

It is very concerning to me that Nick Coe is expected to do so much. He is listed at multiple spots on the 2-deep chart. My concerns about this are number 1, he can only sub in one place at a time. Number 2, If he gets hurt or anybody else on the D, it could be disastrous. (summarized version-seems like we don't have a ton of depth on DL. Hope we have no injuries.)

Does that post fit your criteria to not be posting just to be posting? If not I really don't care because your approval is needed about as much as tits on a boar. Thanks and War Damn Eagle.

Didn't see the second post of "My bad" until after...moving on

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Ok....maybe you took that out of context. That wasn't a wise crack whatsoever. That was a legit concern that Nick Coe seems to be the second man up multiple times in our Depth Chart. If he goes down That is a scary thing. It would be scary if anybody goes down on the Dline. I don't even understand how that is taken out of context, but whatever. Here...I will re-word my original posts for you to understand that I am not making wisecracks or doing any "give him his due" BC. PSA-the following is a slight wisecrack 

It is very concerning to me that Nick Coe is expected to do so much. He is listed at multiple spots on the 2-deep chart. My concerns about this are number 1, he can only sub in one place at a time. Number 2, If he gets hurt or anybody else on the D, it could be disastrous. (summarized version-seems like we don't have a ton of depth on DL. Hope we have no injuries.)

Does that post fit your criteria to not be posting just to be posting? If not I really don't care because your approval is needed about as much as tits on a boar. Thanks and War Damn Eagle.

Didn't see the second post of "My bad" until after...moving on

My bad sir. I apologize

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

My bad sir. I apologize

"It's MA'AM!!!!! Call me Sir again and well step outside and I will show you a man."    LOL J/K.  Apology accepted. Hand virtually shaken. Let's go wear the Ducks out now! WDE

I was watching Marcello’s stream as he waited to board his flight to Dallas but he hinted pretty heavily that there is some good news regarding Schwartz.  He said there was a good scoop on the subscription side and when asked about Schwartz he referred back to said site.  I don’t pay for premium but reading between the lines I have to believe a Schwartz is a gooo

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I was watching Marcello’s stream as he waited to board his flight to Dallas but he hinted pretty heavily that there is some good news regarding Schwartz.  He said there was a good scoop on the subscription side and when asked about Schwartz he referred back to said site.  I don’t pay for premium but reading between the lines I have to believe a Schwartz is a gooo

Did you creep him out as you stood there and stared at him?

:rimshot:

16 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Yeah he's been cleared to play. We'll just have to see how effective he is with the hand still sore.

4 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Yeah he's been cleared to play. We'll just have to see how effective he is with the hand still sore.

He’ll more than likely just be a decoy. Maybe they’ll try to catch the defense sleeping on a jet sweep 

6 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

"It's MA'AM!!!!! Call me Sir again and well step outside and I will show you a man."    LOL J/K.  Apology accepted. Hand virtually shaken. Let's go wear the Ducks out now! WDE

Dis a ma'am 

Screenshot_20190831-014747.jpg

Archived