Dean, the Uniter...

DKW 86

Link

A Scathing Chairman Dean Finds Republicans 'Evil,' 'Corrupt' and 'Brain-Dead'

By Brian Faler

Monday, April 25, 2005; Page A06

Howard Dean may not be running for anything, but his elbows appear to be as sharp as ever.

Since taking over as chairman of the Democratic National Committee earlier this year, the former presidential candidate has been quoted in newspapers making unusually caustic remarks about Republicans.

Dean has suggested that they are "evil." That they are "corrupt." He called them "brain-dead" during a stop in Toronto -- and while the Terri Schiavo case was still in the news. He has tagged Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) as a "liar." Last week, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that he mimicked a "drug-snorting Rush Limbaugh" at an event there. (Rush deserves that one, imho.)

Dean was noted for his candid and often unpredictable comments during his campaign last year. Then, as now, many Democrats said they don't mind the former Vermont governor's bluntness.

"You don't want a wallflower for a party chairman," one Senate Democratic aide said. Dean's remarks have not attracted much attention in the national media, in part because he has focused largely on local and regional news outlets since taking the party's helm in February.

But his counterparts in the Republican National Committee have noticed. "It's odd that Howard Dean says he wants to earn the respect of those who live in the red states, but chooses to not only attack their views but attack them personally," RNC spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt said. "Americans want to hear an agenda, rather than name calling." :clap:  

That's why I love Dean! Sometimes you just gotta cut through the PC bs and call 'em like you see 'em, in the most plain-spoken way you can. :big:

Republicans dish it out but they can't take it.

Conservatives got where they are today in part by bagging on liberals every chance they get. Why do you expect Liberals not to respond in kind? You think they're gonna be ineffectual wimps forever?

Has Ken Mehlmen called anyone "braindead"? Has he called anyone a liar? Has he ever said I hate Democrats and everything they stand for? Has he ever pretended to snort cocaine to make fun of Al Franken?

Has Ken Mehlmen called anyone "braindead"? Has he called anyone a liar? Has he ever said I hate Democrats and everything they stand for? Has he ever pretended to snort cocaine to make fun of Al Franken?

157303[/snapback]

Has Robert DeNiro ever done any of those things???

I agree. It is a good thing to call 'em like you see 'em.

liberals are bed wetting, tree huggin', inbread , toothless morons.

There, I feel much better! :P

157347[/snapback]

In the words of our glorious leader,"F%<k yourself!"

I feel better, too. :big:

157347[/snapback]

157352[/snapback]

Again, a liberal twists the facts to make it fit his agenda! That was Cheney that so eliquently said that. Not the President. :P

157347[/snapback]

157352[/snapback]

Again, a liberal twists the facts to make it fit his agenda! That was Cheney that so eliquently said that. Not the President. :P

157374[/snapback]

I never said it was the president.

157347[/snapback]

157352[/snapback]

157374[/snapback]

157380[/snapback]

No you just said, "our glorious leader." That is pretty clear who you were referring to. Spin away if you must. :lol:

No you just said, "our glorious leader."  That is pretty clear who you were referring to.  Spin away if you must.  :lol:

157500[/snapback]

Well, a phrase like that sure leaves George Bush out, don't it?

Come to think of it, Darth Cheney just has one out of two. How about "our Scowling Overlord"?

157347[/snapback]

157352[/snapback]

157374[/snapback]

157380[/snapback]

No you just said, "our glorious leader." That is pretty clear who you were referring to. Spin away if you must. :lol:

157500[/snapback]

No spin. No confusion. At least not on my part. Piglet figured it out. I borrowed a phrase from Cheney, our glorious leader.

157347[/snapback]

157352[/snapback]

157374[/snapback]

157380[/snapback]

157500[/snapback]

No spin. No confusion. At least not on my part. Piglet figured it out. I borrowed a phrase from Cheney, our glorious leader.

157508[/snapback]

If you say so. (That's pathetic.) :rolleyes:

Archived