2020 4* SDE Jay Hardy Signs With AU! (Update 1/18/20)

ellitor

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Oh contraire you're forgetting my Lobo's

They get whoever they want. Probably full at SDE.

19 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Oh contraire you're forgetting my Lobo's

You are so right. They are truly a Powerhouse on the recruiting trail. Maybe to give ourselves an outside chance of winning against them when competing for the same recruit we should add them to our every year schedule on a home and away basis. That way if we are able to play them close we might have a chance in head to head recruiting. 

LOL 

Ok, so now I am confused.  He signed and provided paperwork to AU during early signing period but neither AU or Hardy told anyone?  Just so he can announce with his teammates?   Or so our rivals waste their time pursuing him?

Recruitment over: Jay Hardy has signed with Auburn

By Keith Niebuhr
9505350.jpeg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,off
Jay Hardy will be a Tiger. (Photo: Ryan Callahan, 247Sports)

The recruitment of 4-star defensive end Jay Hardy is over.

According to the player's mother, the Auburn commit has signed a Letter of Intent with the Tigers and the school is in possession of that document. He's a 4-star recruit from Chattanooga (Tenn.) McCallie.

"He did sign on Dec. 18, but he wanted to wait to release it so he could preserve that moment and sign with his friends in February," said Shelly Hardy, the player's mother.

Hardy, who is listed at 6-feet-4, 280 pounds, is the No. 3 recruit in Tennessee and the No. 102 recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

He committed to Auburn in November.

Hardy did not want to go public about his LOI until Feb. 5, which is National Signing Day. But as word began to leak Saturday that Auburn already had it, the player and his mother felt the time was right to make this announcement.

"He loves (the state of) Tennessee and loves Chattanooga," Shelly Hardy said. "Whatever team he plays for he's going to represent Tennessee and Chattanooga well."

Auburn defensive line coach Rodney Garner, the lead recruiter in Hardy's recruitment for the Tigers, attended Hardy's basketball game Friday.

Because Hardy has signed, he can't visit other schools -- and they can't visit him. He will graduate this spring and arrive at Auburn this summer as one of the most important members of the 2020 recruiting class.

There are a lot of Auburn fans in Chattanooga, so he shouldn’t have to explain signing with us.  I hate that someone stole his moment for him, but glad we got him.  I hope he doesn’t regret it later.  

I am glad its come out that Hardy signed and his recruitment is officially over but I dont care for the games these kids play these days. 

I dont care if its Hardy, or Zach Evans. If a kid signs somewhere it needs to be public. And the games Romello Height played on Miami disgusts me as well. 

These games they play are for the birds. 

Hardy didnt come out and admit that he had signed during the early signing period until the evidence was put at his feet. He denied it until a Tenn writer had to show him they had evidence he signed. 

Just like Romello Height did to Miami coaches and fans. Swore he was all Cane up until minutes before he signed. 

Most here wont be too upset about either one since we were on the winning side of both events... but these games are disgusting. 

Just like Zach Evans signed with UGA during the early signing period only to be released from his NLI. 

These games are terrible. I'm no gus fan but I'm actually shocked Gus let them play these games..especially Hardy if he had already signed which it looks unequivocally like he did sign in December when he was away at that basketball tourney. I mean we have officially announced it now. I'm astonished Gus let that happen. As bad as his offense is, Gus runs a tight ship and shouldn't of let that nonsense go on when it comes to Hardy at the least.

30 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Hardy didnt come out and admit that he had signed during the early signing period until the evidence was put at his feet. He denied it until a Tenn writer had to show him they had evidence he signed. 

Just like Romello Height did to Miami coaches and fans. Swore he was all Cane up until minutes before he signed. 

Most here wont be too upset about either one since we were on the winning side of both events... but these games are disgusting. 

Just like Zach Evans signed with UGA during the early signing period only to be released from his NLI. 

These games are terrible. I'm no gus fan but I'm actually shocked Gus let them play these games..especially Hardy if he had already signed which it looks unequivocally like he did sign in December when he was away at that basketball tourney. I mean we have officially announced it now. I'm astonished Gus let that happen. As bad as his offense is, Gus runs a tight ship and shouldn't of let that nonsense go on when it comes to Hardy at the least.

All coaches let things slide when it’s somebody who’s really talented. Coaches just want to win games so they let a lot slide. Even Gus does it but he’s probably a little more stern than most

Sounds like something that usually happens to us instead of the other way around. Glad to have him though. 

awesome get for sure! If we can sign the other guys (Jones & the other defensive players on the board), we could wind up with the 7th best class in the country. This looks like one of, if not, the best class Gus has signed since becoming HC.  I really think Coach Morris will be the missing piece of the pie to make the offense click on a regular basis if Gus can let him run the offense. Time will tell this story, and I hope it will be a great story with us moving on to the next level where we are in the playoff picture on a yearly basis. Got to be positive folks!!!

I hate the games these kids play.

Hardy, Evans, and Height should be ashamed of themselves for the games they have played this cycle. 

Obscenely childish behavior from all 3. I'm truly astonished Gus let the Hardy situation play out the way it did...

Hardy never mislead other coaches. He told them he would not visit. He just didn’t tell them why. Not the same thing as Height, at all. 

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I hate the games these kids play.

Hardy, Evans, and Height should be ashamed of themselves for the games they have played this cycle. 

Obscenely childish behavior from all 3. I'm truly astonished Gus let the Hardy situation play out the way it did...

You’ve already posted this 

2 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Hardy never mislead other coaches. 

You are free to believe this but gullible would be the best way to describe that way of thinking. 

I guess the Tennessee coaches were watching him play basketball LAST NIGHT because they thought they had NO CHANCE to sign him. 

SEEMS LEGIT.

Not in this thread

But hey...

Thanks for reminding me what I said in another thread. I dont know what I would do without being reminded what I said somewhere else

Archived