2020 4* SDE Jay Hardy Signs With AU! (Update 1/18/20)

ellitor

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recruit signs papers, wants to keep it on DL for signing day announcement with pals, AU says ok and puts name in portal per NCAA rules, UT doesn't check portal and keeps after him, signee can't tell UT or it would ruin his announcement with pals. Is there a problem ?

Trump Just Went All the Way, At Iowa Rally He Said Cruz is ...

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

yep amazing

Not from the person in question. The way he came about it is his M O.

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

signee can't tell UT or it would ruin his announcement with pals

Plus it's an NCAA violation for him to talk to UT after signing with AU.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Alright shriveled nuts.

If that is meant as a geriactics swipe, you missed by a mile.

3 hours ago, grandpajay said:

If that is meant as a geriactics swipe, you missed by a mile.

It was meant as a he's so old they're shriveled type. I almost called him raisin nuts since raisins are dried up grapes.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It was meant as a he's so old they're shriveled type. I almost called him raisin nuts since raisins are dried up grapes.

Either way it was low hanging fruit

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Either way it was low hanging fruit

35 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

You calling Golf a fruit ? Yikes

Gravity has its effect when you've been around as long as Golf

13 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Gravity has its effect when you've been around as long as Golf

PBR's have that affect/effect whatever the hell one you want to pick

So, my husband was on the way home tonight and he was listening to ESPNU. It was a recruiting show. They were speculating that Jay Hardy may not even come to Auburn. Anybody hear anything negative on this kid? I feel bad for him. I hope he's not getting a bunch of flak from the kids around him at school. Auburn fans need to show him some love on twitter!

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

So, my husband was on the way home tonight and he was listening to ESPNU. It was a recruiting show. They were speculating that Jay Hardy may not even come to Auburn. Anybody hear anything negative on this kid? I feel bad for him. I hope he's not getting a bunch of flak from the kids around him at school. Auburn fans need to show him some love on twitter!

Hardy has already signed with Auburn. He signed during the early signing period but chose to not make it public.  Since he's signed, that pretty much settles things unless something very, very unusual happens.

I wish we could know the context of what was said on that show. Are they even knowledgeable of the fact that he has signed?

7 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@3rdgeneration Nope. Everything I've heard on him is he's a good kid. Also a recruiting show on ESPNU is not worth paying attention to when it cones to AU recruiting. Unless they get an AU recruiting reporter on the show & said reporter talks about those things then the national media knows little to nothing on AU recruiting.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Hardy has already signed with Auburn. He signed during the early signing period but chose to not make it public.  Since he's signed, that pretty much settles things unless something very, very unusual happens.

I don't think 3rd's post is talking about the signing at all. I think what the goofs at ESPNU were getting at was Hardy wouldn't make it to AU due to grades or behavioral issues. Neither of which I have heard on him.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't think 3rd's post is talking about the signing at all. I think what the goofs at ESPNU were getting at was Hardy wouldn't make it to AU due to grades or behavioral issues. Neither of which I have heard on him.

I don’t know the kid at all, but I know the school very well. It is truly academically elite. And there is a premium focus on good behavior and character. Their students aren’t all saints, but It is very rare for a McCallie student athlete to have grade or behavioral issues. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I don’t know the kid at all, but I know the school very well. It is truly academically elite. And there is a premium focus on good behavior and character. Their students aren’t all saints, but It is very rare for a McCallie student athlete to have grade or behavioral issues. 

I have looked into the Chattanooga area and have been on that school's website. It's actually intimidating. It legit looks like an ivy league campus. It's the kind of place that you picture a lot of highly successful people having come from.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I have looked into the Chattanooga area and have been on that school's website. It's actually intimidating. It legit looks like an ivy league campus. It's the kind of place that you picture a lot of highly successful people having come from.

We used to wrestle them way back when I was in high school. Even then it was very nice and wouldn’t have been a place for someone with behavioral or academic “issues”.

I wasn’t trying to start something on this kid.  I’m from Chattanooga, so I would love to get him to Auburn.  My husband just got the sense that they were acting like there was something wrong with his signing and he may not come.  Typical talking heads trying to stir something up, I guess.  I bet he is getting flak from UT fans, though.  He needs to tell them to pound sand!

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I wasn’t trying to start something on this kid.  I’m from Chattanooga, so I would love to get him to Auburn.  My husband just got the sense that they were acting like there was something wrong with his signing and he may not come.  Typical talking heads trying to stir something up, I guess.  I bet he is getting flak from UT fans, though.  He needs to tell them to pound sand!

It's easy to imagine that the covert nature of his signing would lead to a lot of hard feelings and speculation. And we, of any fan base, know that only a razor's edge separates "speculation" from "commonly accepted as fact". 

A recruiting show on ESPNU probably doesn't get many shots at juicy controversy. So they might play it a little fast and loose with the specifics with things like this. Or maybe some staffer on that show parties with Clay Travis. Could be anything. 

Archived