Bo Nix is breaking records

AuburnTiger4Life

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Freak said:

* Stan White in 1989.

....was redshirted 

90 season was Stan’s first to be starting QB.  He was redshirted in 89 as @WarTim pointed out.   He played 90-93 seasons.  That makes Bo’s record a bigger deal because he is a TF.   He should get another TD and over 49 yards in the next two games and own the FR record books for AU QBs.  

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

Breaking records for overthrows, underthrows and low percentage of completions.

65% completions for the year. Any idea who else had 65% completions recently? Trevor Lawrence last year. He's not terrible, not even close. 

Bo has actually had a pretty great year, he has just made some big mistakes in inopportune times.

Messing Williams on the deep ball at UF. Then the picks. Missing so many throws at LSU. The fumbles in every game. The 4th down miss against UGA. 

UGA may have been his best game overall. I mean think about it. He had to carry the entire team. 30 of 50 against a top tier defense, as a true freshman, is nuts. 

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Bo has actually had a pretty great year, he has just made some big mistakes in inopportune times.

Messing Williams on the deep ball at UF. Then the picks. Missing so many throws at LSU. The fumbles in every game. The 4th down miss against UGA. 

UGA may have been his best game overall. I mean think about it. He had to carry the entire team. 30 of 50 against a top tier defense, as a true freshman, is nuts. 

And the number of picks isn't horrible. 2 TD to 1 INT ratio, we've seen a lot worse. Like you said, just some bad timing but actually all INTs are at a bad time so...

49 minutes ago, gr82be said:

65% completions for the year. Any idea who else had 65% completions recently? Trevor Lawrence last year. He's not terrible, not even close. 

Bo Nix does not have a 65 percentage completion rate for the year. More for this most recent game yes .

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bo Nix does not have a 65 percentage completion rate for the year. More for this most recent game yes .

I stand corrected. I searched the season and saw the recent game. You're right, 57% for the year. 

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I stand corrected. I searched the season and saw the recent game. You're right, 57% for the year. 

60 is sorta the average. 66% or higher is top tier. Not bad for a frosh.

60% 2800 yards 18 TDs 5 ints. Those were Stidhams stats last year as a redshirt junior. Right now Bo is 57% 2200 yards 14 tds 6 ints. Not too shabby. 

2 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

60% 2800 yards 18 TDs 5 ints. Those were Stidhams stats last year as a redshirt junior. Right now Bo is 57% 2200 yards 14 tds 6 ints. Not too shabby. 

Okay but to be fair you need to at least do a comparison of his whole career lol 

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

Breaking records for overthrows, underthrows and low percentage of completions.

Actually no. He’s nowhere close. His completion percentage places him in the top 20 amongst Auburn quarterbacks all time. Regardless of the fact he’s a true freshman, in an awful offense, against one of our toughest all time schedules.

18 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

60 is sorta the average. 66% or higher is top tier. Not bad for a frosh.

For Auburn quarterbacks 60% is top tier (historically speaking)

10 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Not to throw sh** at Bo, but you all remember JS was nursing an injury most of last year right?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Okay but to be fair you need to at least do a comparison of his whole career lol 

Ok so if you continue Bo’s stats just as they are now for 37 games (how many stidham played in his college career) even with keeping the same throwing % he’d have approximately 7400 yards and 48 tds and 22 ints. Stidhams career numbers are 64% 7200 yds 48 tds and 13 ints. And that’s keeping the same production as a freshman which I’m sure both throwing %, tds and ints will improve. Just saying that he is doing ok for a true freshman for Auburn standards. 

And again I was team Gatewood at the beginning of the year. Still think he would have been the better option this year. But we got Bo and he is where I’d expect a true freshman to be. I believe he will be a great QB by the time his Auburn career is done. 

4 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Not to throw sh** at Bo, but you all remember JS was nursing an injury most of last year right?

Didn’t he have a labral year in his non throwing arm? 

41 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

For the (insert high number here)th time- this season's offense has NOT 😴😴😴been a Bo problem

But it has been... and that's not being negative about Bo or his talent ceiling.

There have been a good bit of plays where Gus has called the exact right play for the defense and Bo hasn't gotten it done. 

Our problem stems from 2 things:

1. Bo isn't making the right decisions 100% of the time.

2. Gus is calling amazing plays a low percentage of the time, which means every time he does call the right play it has to be executed if we expect to win vs elite talent.

It ultimately all falls on Gus, as he is the head coach, but to say Bo hasn't had problems executing his role is also false.

18 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Ok so if you continue Bo’s stats just as they are now for 37 games (how many stidham played in his college career) even with keeping the same throwing % he’d have approximately 7400 yards and 48 tds and 22 ints. Stidhams career numbers are 64% 7200 yds 48 tds and 13 ints. And that’s keeping the same production as a freshman which I’m sure both throwing %, tds and ints will improve. Just saying that he is doing ok for a true freshman for Auburn standards. 

That’s fine I am just saying be fair. I was very critical of JS but it’s easy to look at his worst year and try to compare it to Nix now. 

Why didn’t you compare JS 1st year at Auburn to Nix’s?

Honestly I think nix has a lot of potential but he can only go up from here . 

Also, JS was never redshirted. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s fine I am just saying be fair. I was very critical of JS but it’s easy to look at his worst year and try to compare it to Nix now. 

Why didn’t you compare JS 1st year at Auburn to Nix’s?

Honestly I think nix has a lot of potential but he can only go up from here . 

Was trying to be fair by showing the stats of our qb from last year to this year. Hopefully this year is Bo’s worst year too ha. I think he’ll probably have comparable stats to Stidham by the end with hopefully better pocket presence than simply roll to the right and throw the ball away. In the end with a stronger o line both would have better stats. But Gustav gonna Gustav when it comes to o line production. 

Archived