Kiffin to Ole Miss

GwillMac6

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I just hope muhhhh boy and our guy Marcus Woodson is not one of those home run hires. He's a ole Miss alum. I don't think he would take a job that is beneath AU. Even if it is ole Miss unless it was a splash hire. And I think for ole Miss Lane kiffin def fits the splash hire bill.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I just hope muhhhh boy and our guy Marcus Woodson is not one of those home run hires. He's a ole Miss alum. I don't think he would take a job that is beneath AU. Even if it is ole Miss unless it was a splash hire. And I think for ole Miss Lane kiffin def fits the splash hire bill.

However the annual talk about Gus's future could possibly play a role. Hope not.

Cue the Sunshine Boys condemning the Anti-Anti Gus talk. 

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

However the annual talk about Gus's future could possibly play a role. Hope not.

Cue the Sunshine Boys condemning the Anti-Anti Gus talk. 

I really REALLY hope not either!!! I love looooove how he has got us a huge footing in that state now for crutin!!! I don't want to lose it!! War damn Marcus Woodson!!!

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I really REALLY hope not either!!! I love looooove how he has got us a huge footing in that state now for crutin!!! I don't want to lose it!! War damn Marcus Woodson!!!

Defensive staff deserves a raise. Do what it takes. 

If I'm an Ole Miss fan I'm pumped about getting Kiffin. Definitely a high-wire act, but I'm excited about my team again. I'm curious about the Briles as OC rumor, I think Kiffins one of the best play-callers around. Wonder if he would give that up as HC?

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I wonder how professional Kiffin can be. Has he learned from the errs of his past?

So what is the over - under in how many years before Kiffen has OM in trouble with the NCAA?    I doubt anyone paid much attention to what went on at FAU....but OM has a reputation and odds are that either he...or some over eager booster will get them in trouble within 3 years....:dunno:

12 minutes ago, CR said:

If I'm an Ole Miss fan I'm pumped about getting Kiffin. Definitely a high-wire act, but I'm excited about my team again. I'm curious about the Briles as OC rumor, I think Kiffins one of the best play-callers around. Wonder if he would give that up as HC?

He did his first year at FAU when baby briles was his OC there and it worked perfectly!!!

I don’t know why but I feel like this is a great hire by them. He may get them to Hugh freeze level if they don’t get busted again by the NCAA. 

2 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

I don’t know why but I feel like this is a great hire by them. He may get them to Hugh freeze level if they don’t get busted again by the NCAA. 

I saw a great comment by a AU twitter account. The difference in Freeze and Lane is Lane knows how to use burner phones!!! lol. ACCURATE!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I saw a great comment by a AU twitter account. The difference in Freeze and Lane is Lane knows how to use burner phones!!! lol. ACCURATE!

Hookers are back on the menu boys!

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

When I saw the supposed “list” of the names floating around, Woodson wasn’t listed. But I share this feeling as well

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

So what is the over - under in how many years before Kiffen has OM in trouble with the NCAA?    I doubt anyone paid much attention to what went on at FAU....but OM has a reputation and odds are that either he...or some over eager booster will get them in trouble within 3 years....:dunno:

Once he beats Bama...it’s on. I think he views this as a stepping stone, if he is successful there he may leave for a bigger school in the future.

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Once he beats Bama...it’s on. I think he views this as a stepping stone, if he is successful there he may leave for a bigger school in the future.

Back to the NFL ?

Best thing about Kiffen being back in the conference is that he will not hesitate to take shots at Saban. It would be better still if he could back them up.

stolen from twitter:
OM head coach Ed Orgeron had asst Hugh Freeze who became head coach of Ole Miss with asst Matt Luke while Orgeron became asst for Lane Kiffin who got fired & replaced by Orgeron, while Freeze got fired & replaced by Matt Luke who got fired & replaced by Lane Kiffin....my head hurts 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If we have the Gus bus, does that mean they have the Lane train?

That's an unfortunate turn of phrase.  How about 'plane'?   

I was one of the first to praise LSU'S hire of Orgeron and was laughed at. I was one that said Lane would be a good hire for AU and was laughed at. I think Lane, his network to recruit a staff, and his recruiting will make this a great hire also. OM will be a tough out now.

Archived