Kiffin to Ole Miss

GwillMac6

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I was one of the first to praise LSU'S hire of Orgeron and was laughed at. I was one that said Lane would be a good hire for AU and was laughed at. I think Lane, his network to recruit a staff, and his recruiting will make this a great hire also. OM will be a tough out now.

As much as I hate to say it, I do hope Ole Miss does well if nothing more than to bring more parity to the SECw and have another team to challenge bama. I just don’t want to have to deal with their fans. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If we have the Gus bus, does that mean they have the Lane train?

Bus is no match for a train especially when it stalls....

lVLrPVm.gif

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

This will only add more competition in the SEC West.   It just got harder +1

No worries.  We've got Gus.  It's not like he's going to lose to a coach in his first or second season.  

The way he moves around I guess he will get a month to month lease in Oxford.     

Should make football in Mississippi more interesting and I'm guessing the folks at Miss State are reassessing their situation.  Life just got tougher for them on the recruiting trail. 

Will probably change their mascot again to the Ole Miss "fightin freswater landsharks"!  

32 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The way he moves around I guess he will get a month to month lease in Oxford.     

Should make football in Mississippi more interesting and I'm guessing the folks at Miss State are reassessing their situation.  Life just got tougher for them on the recruiting trail. 

The coeds certainly look better at Ole Miss than they do in Tuscaloosa. Joey Freshwater is gonna feast. 

I'll be excited to see Lane coaching that QB they have now. They will be dangerous on offense. He will recruit, he will score, and he will troll absolutely everyone. Going to be a fun few years in Oxford. 

44 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'll be excited to see Lane coaching that QB they have now. They will be dangerous on offense. He will recruit, he will score, and he will troll absolutely everyone. Going to be a fun few years in Oxford. 

He'll get a good DC too

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He'll get a good DC too

Heard of somebody in particular or just making a prediction?

Outside of FAU he has fallen flat on his face everywhere he has been as a HC, if he has matured into a legit leader of young men, then I think he will do very well. Just call me cautiously pessimistic with a hint of optimism.

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

The coeds certainly look better at Ole Miss than they do in Tuscaloosa. Joey Freshwater is gonna feast. 

Lol,  was thinking Kiffin.... midlife crisis.... Ole Miss coeds..... what could go wrong?

6 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol,  was thinking Kiffin.... midlife crisis.... Ole Miss coeds..... what could go wrong?

Nothing to fear, the coeds at Ole Miss are classy

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Really.......not all of them

In that case, I’m sure Kiffin can find them and deal with those type of coeds. 

Just killing time until he takes the munchkin’s place in west vance. 

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

Just killing time until he takes the munchkin’s place in west vance. 

Not sure that would happen, but it would be Kiffin's ultimate revenge.

26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Really.......not all of them

Nope, couldn't even convince myself with that one. 

20 hours ago, CR said:

If I'm an Ole Miss fan I'm pumped about getting Kiffin. Definitely a high-wire act, but I'm excited about my team again. I'm curious about the Briles as OC rumor, I think Kiffins one of the best play-callers around. Wonder if he would give that up as HC?

Sources told FootballScoop that new Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin is efforting to bring Briles with him to Oxford, while Briles could be a candidate to replace Kiffin in Boca Raton, sources say.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-kendal-briles-is-weighing-some-intriguing-options/

Archived