Conspiracy theory on Tua

AUght2win

Nothing too juicy. I think his family seem like good Christian folks and I don't believe they are bought. I could be wrong. And it's possible they are getting pampered without even realizing it ("Wow honey, can you believe this business in Tuscaloosa is offering me a job for triple the average pay? They must REALLY like my resume!").

So my theory isn't that Tua is getting paid. When you look at it, Tua has NOTHING to gain by returning. It is totally devoid of any upside. I got to thinking about it, though, and I found one possible reason.

Mac Jones has looked like a real deal starter in Tua's absence. If Tua jumps, Mac Jones becomes the starter no question, and he has a few years left. This wouldn't be good news for little brother Taulia.

However, if Tua comes back for one more year, Mac likely says "screw this, I have proven I can play, I'm hitting the portal." This would clear the way for Tua to start this year, then Taulia takes the reigns next year as a redshirt sophomore. 

It's the only possible reason I can figure as to why Tua would risk it. I mean, heck, Kiper has him at #3 Overall even with his injury!!!

2 hours ago, Butthead said:

If Tua leaves, Saban would process little bro without thinking twice if he thinks it helps his roster.

Little bro might already see the writing on the wall and Tag Team might be planning their own process. 

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Little bro might already see the writing on the wall and Tag Team might be planning their own process. 

Unless little bro has made a drastic improvement since high school, he’s gonna transfer imo 

11 hours ago, AURandy56 said:

I thought little brother was supposed to be better than big brother. 

I'm sure that some folks got caught up in the moment and said that. Maybe even important folks with respectable opinions. Hell, could end up being true. But I don't think that's the feeling coming out of Tuscaloosa rn.

On 1/6/2020 at 8:43 PM, AURandy56 said:

I thought little brother was supposed to be better than big brother. 

And Jeremy Johnson was the best QB in the SEC when he was still a backup.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:49 AM, McLoofus said:

I'm sure that some folks got caught up in the moment and said that. Maybe even important folks with respectable opinions. Hell, could end up being true. But I don't think that's the feeling coming out of Tuscaloosa rn.

Shoot ...No matter his "body of work" ….he was recruited and signed by bama and that alone is usually enough to get a guy another star...maybe two of them if needed to turn him into a 5* signee.  Real life sometimes comes out differently doesn't it ? 

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Shoot ...No matter his "body of work" ….he was recruited and signed by bama and that alone is usually enough to get a guy another star...maybe two of them if needed to turn him into a 5* signee.  Real life sometimes comes out differently doesn't it ? 

Interesting. I just looked him up and he was "only" a 4*. Impressive offer list, but I wonder how many were using the same bait bama did. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Interesting. I just looked him up and he was "only" a 4*. Impressive offer list, but I wonder how many were using the same bait bama did. 

Expect lots of schools are influenced by who bama recruits....and probably for good reason...and never hurts to have your school show up on a prospect's list with bama, Clemson and the like.   Makes you look like a "player" even if you never had a chance to sign him. 

You're a GM of an NFL team with a top 1st round pick.  Would you draft Tua over the others like Herbert, Fromm, Burrows?  I'm more than a little leery of Tua's hip injury.  IF he can return, he's just not going to be the same.  Not to mention that playing a college schedule for uat vs a pro schedule for a high draft pick bottom-feeder is going to call his durability into question when he starts getting sacked regularly.  While I think it's a no-brainer for him to forego his last year & enter the draft, I also think it's a huge gamble for whichever team takes a chance on selecting him.  

On 1/6/2020 at 1:19 AM, AUght2win said:

Nothing too juicy. I think his family seem like good Christian folks and I don't believe they are bought. I could be wrong. And it's possible they are getting pampered without even realizing it ("Wow honey, can you believe this business in Tuscaloosa is offering me a job for triple the average pay? They must REALLY like my resume!").

So my theory isn't that Tua is getting paid. When you look at it, Tua has NOTHING to gain by returning. It is totally devoid of any upside. I got to thinking about it, though, and I found one possible reason.

Mac Jones has looked like a real deal starter in Tua's absence. If Tua jumps, Mac Jones becomes the starter no question, and he has a few years left. This wouldn't be good news for little brother Taulia.

However, if Tua comes back for one more year, Mac likely says "screw this, I have proven I can play, I'm hitting the portal." This would clear the way for Tua to start this year, then Taulia takes the reigns next year as a redshirt sophomore. 

It's the only possible reason I can figure as to why Tua would risk it. I mean, heck, Kiper has him at #3 Overall even with his injury!!!

Hawaii to Alabaster Alabama……..yep happens every day.  I'm sure the brand new SUV they were driving with dealer plates on it when Thompson played Vestavia a couple of years ago was just a "loaner".  I worked the main parking gate at Vestavia for that game and yes I saw it with my own 2 eyes.  Along with multiple coaches for Thompson that came through the parking gate with ties to Bama.  Sorry just because they may be "good Christian folks" doesn't mean they don't work the system to their advantage and can't be bought.

Not saying we don't do it also, buying families that is, it is one of the most sickening things to happen to Highschool athletics.  Being in Birmingham in area with Hoover, Hewitt Trussville, Mountain Brook, and Thompson I see it and hear about it every day.  While the Highschool my kids go to the football coach Buddy Anderson who has been there for over 40yrs does not recruit.  While I have my own reservations and issues with Buddy I will at least give him props in that the kids we put on the field on Friday nights were not bought but earned their right to play.

On 1/6/2020 at 2:19 AM, AUght2win said:

I think his family seem like good Christian folks

Might you clarify this statement? Just WHAT is good Christian folk?  Inquiring Followers of Christ wish to know...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived