Big Kat to Return for Senior Season

abw0004

16 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

AUsome!

This is the year he is gonna turn the corner and become that dominant DL.

Doubt it. He has always been about a half step slow from becoming a wrecking ball of a player. And yes that is the difference in a bunch of sacks and a lot of near sacks.

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Was this ever a question? 

Probably not.  But still good news to share when there does not seem to be much here lately.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

Probably not.  But still good news to share when there does not seem to be much here lately.  

I just amazed that this was ever in question. Should be no news. This seems to be more of a distraction. 

Just now, abw0004 said:

Not good news?!?!? We just got ranked in the top 5 in the country for basketball the year AFTER losing 3 of our programs best players in program history!!! Where is all of this bad news you speak of?!?! lol. Besides Noah declaring for the NFL draft which we knew was coming I do not recall a lot of bad news besides that. I guess you meant the bowl game. Death, Taxes and Gus loses a January bowl game. Not suprised at all! lol. We all knew it was coming so at least we were prepared for it! hahaha.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Doubt it. He has always been about a half step slow from becoming a wrecking ball of a player. And yes that is the difference in a bunch of sacks and a lot of near sacks.

I was afraid of that.

But the hype he came in with.......

This year?

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Not good news?!?!? We just got ranked in the top 5 in the country for basketball the year AFTER losing 3 of our programs best players in program history!!! Where is all of this bad news you speak of?!?! lol. Besides Noah declaring for the NFL draft which we knew was coming I do not recall a lot of bad news besides that. I guess you meant the bowl game. Death, Taxes and Gus loses a January bowl game. Not suprised at all! lol. We all knew it was coming so at least we were prepared for it! hahaha.

Oh I just meant in football.  You know how excited I am for basketball.  Just with all of the threads on this side of the forum I thought I would offer little tidbits of positivity where I can find them...

3 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I was afraid of that.

But the hype he came in with.......

This year?

I mean do not get me wrong. He is a solid- good player but MAN we have been missing that edge rusher to take our defense to the next level since Holland left.

Our edge schemes and use of hands are atrocious...BK is a weak run stopper and average pass rusher...doesn't know how to disengage

Big Kat has a golden opportunity to increase his NFL stock exponentially. It is his time now!  He must take it seriously and work his tail off. 

1 hour ago, Percolator said:

Big Kat has a golden opportunity to increase his NFL stock exponentially. It is his time now!  He must take it seriously and work his tail off. 

Bingo ..experience and leadership can’t be taught. Hopefully he learned some leadership from Brown and Davidson...great opportunity for him to fine tune and improve his stock, not to mention finish his degree.

I am glad he is coming back. He is a solid player that could have a breakout senior season. I have a lot of respect for the young men that decide to come back for the senior season. I do have respect for those who leave for the draft early if they have a solid chance of being selected and earn a lot of $$$$ in the NFL. We will need to have a solid defense in 2020 to win 8 or 9 games.

2020 is going to be a season where we are at the crossroads of Gus' time at Auburn. Gus really needs to let Chad call the offense and get out of the way for a whole season for once. This has never happened in that Gus always manages to grab the playbook and bring the offense to the level of mediocrity. IF Gus craps out in 2020 and Fleck has not been grabbed up by another team, then he should be the man no doubt.

Hopefully

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Or a half step too fast. Ha.

I think maybe I'm confusing his offsides with 55

Is this referring to him coming back after Christmas break? Saying Big Kat decided not to enter the NFL draft is like me saying I decided not to become an astronaut again today. 

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Or a half step too fast. Ha.

I think maybe I'm confusing his offsides with 55

O it is always him and Moultry usually.........

12 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Is this referring to him coming back after Christmas break? Saying Big Kat decided not to enter the NFL draft is like me saying I decided not to become an astronaut again today. 

I remember more puzzling departures. They should all compare themselves to Jeff Holland. One of the best edge rushers in the last several years here and he’s not drafted and struggled to stay employed. 

14 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I am glad he is coming back. He is a solid player that could have a breakout senior season. I have a lot of respect for the young men that decide to come back for the senior season. I do have respect for those who leave for the draft early if they have a solid chance of being selected and earn a lot of $$$$ in the NFL. We will need to have a solid defense in 2020 to win 8 or 9 games.

2020 is going to be a season where we are at the crossroads of Gus' time at Auburn. Gus really needs to let Chad call the offense and get out of the way for a whole season for once. This has never happened in that Gus always manages to grab the playbook and bring the offense to the level of mediocrity. IF Gus craps out in 2020 and Fleck has not been grabbed up by another team, then he should be the man no doubt.

Hopefully

Have thought this with every new OC.

About out of hope, but miracles happen every day.

I think he is going to have a good to great senior season and play his way into late second or third round...his a very athletic big guy. He has seen a lot of football in the SEC. Just needs to fine tune the fundamentals and fill up the stat sheet. This fourth season is needed for him to get better. It’s a shame so many make little snide jokes about his game....But all were praising him on signing day.....

On 1/6/2020 at 6:23 PM, Percolator said:

Unless I’m missing something, he has to show SIGNIFICANT improvement to even have a chance for Sunday’s. Or am I off?   Damn glad he’s back, in case that happens, and I appreciate all the players’ hard work, but is even close to undrafted free agent signing at this point?    

Archived