Longini says U.S. Virus peak is three weeks away!

KnightTiger

University of Florida professor Ira Longini says "U.S. death peak for Coronavirus is three weeks away" Longini said it may be possible to "Isolate the vulnerable and allow many to go back to work"

Longini is a professor for the Center of Statistics and Quanitative Infectious Diseases at the University of Florida the CDC confirmed Longini works with them on Covid19 modeling

NPR had a great interview with Fauci this morning. He said it's feasible to isolate hot spots and continue to address them at a local level as opposed to instituting any severe measures at a national level. It seems that we're finally getting to a point with the testing that we're getting a much more accurate infection map and can target our efforts accordingly.

We might see more New Yorks, but everywhere won't be New York, as long as we stay vigilant.

This is me reframing his words, but it seems that New York is so bad that New Yorkers are causing major problems for Florida by coming down to their winter homes. That's going to be a problem where I live, too. Fortunately, though, it's mostly Ohioans where I am. And that might be the only time I ever utter that sentence. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

NPR had a great interview with Fauci this morning. He said it's feasible to isolate hot spots and continue to address them at a local level as opposed to instituting any severe measures at a national level. It seems that we're finally getting to a point with the testing that we're getting a much more accurate infection map and can target our efforts accordingly.

We might see more New Yorks, but everywhere won't be New York, as long as we stay vigilant.

This is me reframing his words, but it seems that New York is so bad that New Yorkers are causing major problems for Florida by coming down to their winter homes. That's going to be a problem where I live, too. Fortunately, though, it's mostly Ohioans where I am. And that might be the only time I ever utter that sentence. 

fauci has kind of ignorant tone IMO, but I do like the way him and birx have handled this

Archived