People who voted for Trump in 2016 on why they won't in 2020

TitanTiger

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

He is the first to pay anything. All Presidents have taken vacations, played golf, relaxed and they should. I didn't fault them then or him now for that. He just happens to own some of the golf courses and they can shut them down to the public when he is there. It probably has as much to do with security as anything and probably costs less than it would somewhere else.

But, in addition to his $400K there is also the $180K x 2 that Ivanka and Kushner give up as Advisors to the President. So the family gives up at least $760K, in addition to the money they are forgoing in business and is a sizable amount, to do this. The point is that he and the family are not doing this for money.

It does not cost less for trump to play his own courses. It costs more. We pay it and it goes into his pocket. 

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

The proof’s public record, genius. He’s soooo wealthy he has to borrow money from shady oligarchs and ethically challenged foreign banks. We’ve never had a more compromised President. But you keep worshipping your cult leader. He’s amazing!

So no proof of him being compromised and no Russian spy proof either. That's got to suck. But triggered again I see and responding from the handbook just like a good little lefty would, lol. You keep worshiping your left wing "progressive" leaders that agree with you, in charge of the failing big cities, who are now allowing them to be taken over by anarchists and the citizens attacked. That really is cult worship. 

51 minutes ago, alexava said:

It does not cost less for trump to play his own courses. It costs more. We pay it and it goes into his pocket. 

You got breakdown of that costing more part ? The security costs alone would be significantly more at a place that can't be shut down while he is there.

9 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

You got breakdown of that costing more part ? The security costs alone would be significantly more at a place that can't be shut down while he is there.

Again I point out: Andrews AFB.  Has three courses.  Right there by DC.  Already secured.

10 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Here's one.  There are more:

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/golfing-vacation-presidential-secretservice/2019/12/29/id/947633/

But to make matters worse, he's using his own resorts and thus lining his pockets with taxpayer money for them.  It's a total conflict of interest.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/golfing-vacation-presidential-secretservice/2019/12/29/id/947633/

But to make matters worse, he's using his own resorts and thus lining his pockets with taxpayer money for them.  It's a total conflict of interest.

I looked the numbers up once and if I remember correctly a significant portion of the $114M was for his residence at Mar-a- Lago. On just one transaction alone, the contract for two new AF1s, he saved the taxpayers $1.75B. The issue is a shiny object.

29 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I looked the numbers up once and if I remember correctly a significant portion of the $114M was for his residence at Mar-a- Lago. On just one transaction alone, the contract for two new AF1s, he saved the taxpayers $1.75B. The issue is a shiny object.

"Shiny object" indeed.  A nice "shiny" diversion for both Trump and Boeing. 

(Not that MAGA's require such a diversion. :-\

Ties between Boeing and Trump run deep

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - When Donald Trump spoke with Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg on Tuesday to get assurances about the safety of the 737 MAX plane that crashed in Ethiopia, he wasn’t talking to a stranger.......

.......Muilenburg told Trump in Tuesday’s morning call that the aircraft was safe and did not need to be grounded, two people briefed on the conversation said.

Later in the day, aviation officials repeated that U.S. flights of the plane would continue.

That leaves the United States as an outlier in its response to Sunday’s crash of a Boeing 737 MAX that killed 157 people. The European Union’s aviation safety regulator on Tuesday suspended all flights by the plane in the bloc; of the top 10 countries by air passenger travel, all but the United States and Japan have halted flights........

DEEP TIES

Trump personally negotiated with Muilenburg to try to lower the cost of a future version of Air Force One after complaining the price tag was too high.

“He cares about business and he creates open communication lines, and we will have differences from time to time, we may not agree on every topic,” Muilenburg said in a radio interview last month.

But while the relationship hasn’t all been cozy, ties between Boeing and the Trump administration run deep.

Trump has used Boeing products and sites as a backdrop for major announcements over the course of his presidency. In March 2018 he touted the impact of his tax overhaul bill as he visited a plant in St. Louis.

Before joining the Pentagon, acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, who is expected to be named to the post, worked for 31 years at Boeing, where he was general manager for the 787 Dreamliner passenger jet.

Boeing has nominated Nikki Haley, Trump’s former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations who continues to be a close ally, to join its board of directors at the company’s annual shareholders meeting on April 29. (Already working on a possible future POTUS no doubt.)

Trump has also put pressure on U.S. allies to buy products from Boeing, the country’s second largest defense contractor which received $104 billion in unclassified defense contracts between 2014 and 2018.

U.S. officials and defense industry sources said that weeks after Trump pressed the Emir of Kuwait in 2018 over a long-delayed deal for Boeing’s F/A-18 Super Hornet fighter jets, Kuwait said it would proceed with the order.....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ethiopia-airlines-trump/ties-between-boeing-and-trump-run-deep-idUSKBN1QT2MQ

Boeing probably sandbagged the price of the AF1's to give Trump an easy opportunity to look good. (I mean, even $1.75B - if you accept that - is pocket change in the overall scheme of things.)  Sort of like "customer entertainment".

But hey, drain that swamp! :laugh:

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Boeing probably sandbagged the price of the AF1's to give Trump an easy opportunity to look good. (I mean, even $1.75B - if you accept that - is pocket change in the overall scheme of things.)  Sort of like "customer entertainment".

But hey, drain that swamp!

Yeah, I'm sure that's what happened. :-\

19 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

So no proof of him being compromised and no Russian spy proof either. That's got to suck. But triggered again I see and responding from the handbook just like a good little lefty would, lol. You keep worshiping your left wing "progressive" leaders that agree with you, in charge of the failing big cities, who are now allowing them to be taken over by anarchists and the citizens attacked. That really is cult worship. 

I’m mostly identifying with disaffected Republicans these days. Their disgust is pure.

11 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Many more. Just google. The county Mara lago is in had to raise taxes because of the overtime demand on law enforcement during the visits. 

22 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Yeah, I'm sure that's what happened. :-\

You're naive if you don't think that's possible. 

But like I said, no doubt Boeing was more than happy to cut the price on two planes given the context of their total business with the government.  And allowing Trump to look like some sort of negotiating genius was part of the package.

If he follows his typical pattern, he'll have the country declare bankruptcy and stiff Boeing. :laugh:

15 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m mostly identifying with disaffected Republicans these days. Their disgust is pure.

If their disgust with Trump is pure, just imagine how totally sanitized their disgust for Biden must be.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

You're naive if you don't think that's possible. 

But like I said, no doubt Boeing was more than happy to cut the price on two planes given the context of their total business with the government.  And allowing Trump to look like some sort of negotiating genius was part of the package.

If he follows his typical pattern, he'd have the country declare bankruptcy and stiff Boeing. :laugh:

Not to mention that Boeing was probably just happy to get some money for the planes since the airline that had the contract went out of business. 

On 6/23/2020 at 9:37 AM, TitanTiger said:

it is actually against the law.

Archived