1. Alabama
2. Texas A&M
3. LSU
4. Auburn
5. Ole Miss
6. Mississippi State
7. Arkansas

247 Sports

why is tejas a and m getting so much love? i just do not get it but then i am just a fan and not an expert.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am just a fan and not an expert.

Phil Steele is neither, so there's that.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

why is tejas a and m getting so much love? i just do not get it but then i am just a fan and not an expert.

probably bc they have the most experience QB back in the west, and until we know what additional SEC teams we play, their current west schedule is favorable playing only USC and Vandy. Their west road games are tough though w Alabama and Auburn. 

42 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Phil Steele is neither, so there's that.

Guess it depends on what criteria make an offensive line one of the top 5 in the nation, as he said ours was last season.

Texas A&M is returning basically everyone.  Defense was young last season as was the Oline.  May be a weak comparison but almost like 2003 Auburn last year.  Preseason favorite that flopped.  3 years of top 10 recruiting should also start to payoff for Jimbo.  I’d put Auburn ahead of LSU but don’t disagree that Auburn is at best 3rd in the West preseason.

With Jimbo having a show cause and his culpable assistant gone to TN, it's not clear that the tamis will even have a coach. And any sort of pre-season prediction of standings in a 10 game conference only pandemic schedule is rubbish.

That said, both Bama and UGA have real quality depth and can do well even if they lose some starters to Rona. So it is no stretch to see those two at the top.

Archived