A good read on voting by class and it's history

creed

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Bring back unions!  ;)

Fits the communist/mafia way doesn’t it? 😉

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Fits the communist/mafia way doesn’t it? 😉

Didn't read the article?

".....All of this produced a self-reinforcing cycle — the more dependent Democrats became on college-educated voters, the less willing the party was to embrace a social-democratic message robust enough to repoliticize disaffected workers, and repolarize the electorate along class lines.....

......Only left-wing institutions with a footprint in non-college-educated voters’ workplaces and communities can plausibly overwhelm the hegemony that right-wing media exercises over the median white American’s political imagination. Whatever flaws the left’s account of class depolarization may have, its critique of the Democratic Party’s malign indifference to organized labor’s fate is unimpeachable. The failure of every unified Democratic government since the Second World War to prioritize labor-law reform doubtlessly exacerbated the rightward drift of the white working class......"

Just now, homersapien said:

Didn't read the article?

No but you didn’t see the wink either did you? 😂

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:
9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Didn't read the article?

No but you didn’t see the wink either did you? 😂

Who's post was the snarkiest?  ;D

(It wasn't a easy read, but hopefully my comment - which also had a wink btw  ;)- makes more sense with the edit I added.)

What I thought interesting was the political drift of voters and party agenda. I remember southern conservative democrats dominated the South when I was young, now it's the opposite.

18 hours ago, creed said:

What I thought interesting was the political drift of voters and party agenda. I remember southern conservative democrats dominated the South when I was young, now it's the opposite.

It wasn't a "drift" of attitudes as much of a sea change in party affiliation. 

The Democratic Party and the Republican Party flip-flopped on the issue of race after Johnson's 1964 voting rights act and Nixon's "Southern strategy".  The only thing that changed with populace was party affiliation.  The sentiments and "philosophy" remained the same, unfortunately.

Hopefully, with the greater number of Yankees and Europeans moving in - thanks to economic development - it will start to change if only gradually, starting with the big cities and younger generations.

On 8/30/2020 at 1:13 PM, homersapien said:

Bring back unions!  ;)

The union I was in was pretty strongly for Trump.   Just because it’s a union is not a guarantee to go democrat.

This "Sea Change Thingy" didnt really happen. Just look at our history here in Alabama.

1964 and on: The Republicans were here in Alabama Signing up the Blacks to Vote.
The Republicans got a taste of the Fire Hoses, the Dogs, and the Billy Clubs, Bull Connor, The State Troopers, and George Corley Wallace. 
No one has ever said that Pro-Racial Justice Republicans Left the Republican Party, ever. 
Folks, we were still 100% ADP here in Alabama until the 1986 Election.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Alabama_gubernatorial_election
Graddick won the Runoff,
The ADP Brazenly told the Alabama Voter FU!!! and hand picked Baxley to run and told the Alabama Voter who the real power in Alabama was at the time.
The Alabama Voter told the ADP FU!!! Right back and elected a totally unknown piece of nothing preacher from Holly Pond, that was the only thing that the ARP had to show up on the ballot back then for the still persistent Quadrennial Ass Whupping. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_governors_of_Alabama

Alabama didnt go Solidly Republican until 2002. We had two Republican governors in our history essentially during Reconstruction, that's it.

And we still have these historical hystericals saying that "Southern Strategy in 1968 flipped the South Republican." If it did, it didnt happen until 34 years later.
FACTS and Partisan Ass Kissers. They are truly strangers to one another.

Archived