FBI reveals elaborate plot by Michigan militia members to kidnap Whitmer

homersapien

"Stand back and stand by."

The plan included taking Whitmer to a "secure location" and holding a "trial," according to the FBI.

The FBI, relying on several confidential sources who recorded conversations and informed on the plot, became aware of the effort through social media chatter early this year and developed detailed insight on the purported plan over the ensuing months.

The FBI had already suspected the militia of plotting to kill police officers, and a member of the group concerned about that plan had agreed to become an FBI source, according to the affidavit.

The plan to kidnap Whitmer was hatched in the basement of a Grand Rapids business in June, according to the FBI filing.

"The attendees discussed plans for assaulting the Michigan State Capitol, countering law enforcement first responders, and using 'Molotov cocktails' to destroy police vehicles," the affidavit indicates. "The attendees also discussed plans for an additional meeting during the first weekend of July when they also would conduct firearms and tactical training."

The FBI says it has probable cause to charge six of the plotters: Adam Fox, Barry Croft, Ty Garbin, Kaleb Franks, Daniel Harris and Brandon Caserta. All of the men live in Michigan with the exception of Croft, a Delaware resident.

By mid-July, the plot had evolved to include storming Whitmer's vacation home.

"Fox said their best opportunity to abduct Governor Whitmer would be when she was arriving at, or leaving, either her personal vacation home or the Governor’s official summer residence," the FBI affidavit notes, citing an audio recording provided by one of its sources. "Fox described it as a 'snatch and grab, man. Grab the ******’ Governor. Just grab the bitch. Because at that point, we do that, dude -- it’s over.'"

The plan included taking Whitmer to a "secure location" and holding a "trial." Some members also discussed assassinating her outright, according to recordings and source information obtained by the FBI.

In late August, the conspirators allegedly staked out Whitmer's vacation home, an episode recorded by one of the FBI's confidential sources.

"Fox and the other individual located the vacation home, took photographs and slow-motion video from their vehicle as they drove by it, and discussed conducting additional surveillance from the water at a later date. The other individual then looked up the locations of the local police department and Michigan State Police in the area, and used them to estimate how long it would take law enforcement to respond to an incident at the vacation home," according ot the FBI affidavi.

During the surveillance operation, Fox said, “We ain’t gonna let ‘em burn our ******’ state down. I don’t give a **** if there’s only 20 or 30 of us, dude, we’ll go out there and use deadly force.'"

The weekend of Sept. 12 and 13, the group surveilled the vacation home at night: "During the late night of September 12 and early morning of September 13, the group drove from Luther to the vicinity of the vacation home in three separate vehicles.

"After arriving back at GARBIN’s property, CHS-2 asked, “'verybody down with what’s going on?' and someone stated, 'If you’re not down with the thought of kidnapping, don’t sit here.' GARBIN replied, 'Oh no, we’re not kidnapping, that’s not what we’re doing,' which sparked general laughter. Amidst the laughter, another voice said, 'No children!' and a voice added, 'We’re adult napping.'"

By early this month, the group allegedly had made plans to purchase explosives and other equipment to carry out their plan.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/08/gretchen-whitmer-kidnapping-plot-michigan-427953

A Pro-Trump Militant Group Has Recruited Thousands of Police, Soldiers, and Veterans

An Atlantic investigation reveals who they are and what they might do on Election Day.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/right-wing-militias-civil-war/616473/

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

A Pro-Trump Militant Group Has Recruited Thousands of Police, Soldiers, and Veterans

An Atlantic investigation reveals who they are and what they might do on Election Day.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/right-wing-militias-civil-war/616473/

Excellent Read, Facts, Research, time doing the research that was 1:1 interviews etc. 
That is an article you can take stock in and no real reason anyone could criticize it much.

On a real factual/historical note: This plot, this is for real Nazi actions here. 
Talk is cheap as it can be, but the kidnapping of the Governor, that has the feel of the 'Night of the Long Knives' to it. 

Hitler got violent, openly violent, although it was against former supporters as he was consolidating power. 

Ancaps, a right wing ideology on steroids.

One look at this Caserta guy's social media footprint will tell you all you need to know. 

14 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

So which is it? Lefty Anarchists or Right Wing Terror Group? 

Anarcho-capitalism is a right wing ideology.

Think of it this way: even the most far gone Libertarian ideologue will still support some form of limited government to enforce contracts and protect lives and property. 

An ancap on the other hand believes in no government, with the aforementioned government functions fulfilled privately. Need a contract enforced, a murder investigated or a criminal apprehended? Just go to Big Bob's Justice Emporium and Warehouse for all your law enforcement needs. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism

Read as far as "Ludwig von Mises" and stopped right there. 

https://mises.org/

Rothbard Graduate Seminar 2021

06/06/2021 Auburn, Alabama

LvMI was founded at Auburn in the mid 80s, or earlier. 

12 hours ago, alexava said:

It’s amazing how much people argue over who’s nuts are nuttier. 

No one us arguing that. Simply pointing out where these nuts are coming from ideologically. 

The bigger problem is that there tends to be a bit of institutional support for guys that think this way. Case in point:

On 10/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, TexasTiger said:

Why are right wing terrorist gangs called militias?

Because the media wants the word "militia" to be thought of negatively. They are terrorists. I am glad they were caught.

The FBI did their job and the Governor of Michigan should be grateful.  I’m sure she is; it still is under Trump’s administration isn’t it?

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

Because the media wants the word "militia" to be thought of negatively. They are terrorists. I am glad they were caught.

That doesn't exactly explain why they typically call themselves "militias".  :-\

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

They call themselves “militias” and the media honors their choice.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The FBI did their job and the Governor of Michigan should be grateful.  I’m sure she is; it still is under Trump’s administration isn’t it?

I’ve never seen any politician demand so much affirmation for merely doing the minimum requirements of their job.

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’ve never seen any politician demand so much affirmation for merely doing the minimum requirements of their job.

I hear ya.  I have never seen the Democrats and media continually berate a President as in the current situation.  Never an atta a boy.  It is interesting that dems and media say Trump is dog whistling and his administration brings down one organization he is supposedly dog whistling to.  You just can’t make this up.

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

No one us arguing that. Simply pointing out where these nuts are coming from ideologically. 

The bigger problem is that there tends to be a bit of institutional support for guys that think this way. Case in point:

Just another example of why there is distrust with law enforcement. Can’t imagine he would have the same opinion if these guys were POC, Muslim, or any other non-white male demographic. 

45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I hear ya.  I have never seen the Democrats and media continually berate a President as in the current situation.  Never an atta a boy.  It is interesting that dems and media say Trump is dog whistling and his administration brings down one organization he is supposedly dog whistling to.  You just can’t make this up.

Trump could have cared less had they proceeded with their plan.  Fortunately, Someone in the FBI was simply doing their job and caught this group in the middle of a terrorist plan.

Had Trump known about it, he would have likely halted the investigation. He has clearly encouraged similar groups.  Everyone knows that - including you.

24 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Does he want an “atta boy?” Ok— “Who’s a good boy? Who’s a good boy? You are! You are! Good boy, here’s a treat!”

Archived