Midway Point of the Season. Auburn is at a Crossroads

Amwest20

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If you bring the whiskey, I will make Mario happen. I don't know how, but I don't think "plans" are really a thing anymore and it would only be about the millionth weirdest thing to happen this year. 

Just a heads up, my pants might come off during the 6-minute tracking shot when they raid the drug house. Not in a weird way. It's just how I react to amazing things sometimes. I've mentioned it many times, but my neighbors got a show they *did not* ask for after the Kick Six. 

@GwillMac6- how big is your TV?

Uh, after that second paragraph.....maybe just a Zoom watch party. Sorry bro....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't drink and I never experimented with any drugs even as a youth......but damn it when I think of our team lately and then look at the recruiting and see there's no relief coming any time soon....It's pushing me in that direction

Just now, cole256 said:

I don't drink and I never experimented with any drugs even as a youth......but damn it when I think of our team lately and then look at the recruiting and see there's no relief coming any time soon....It's pushing me in that direction

It doesn't actually help, fyi. It just makes you feel your feels louder. 

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If you bring the whiskey, I will make Mario happen. I don't know how, but I don't think "plans" are really a thing anymore and it would only be about the millionth weirdest thing to happen this year. 

Just a heads up, my pants might come off during the 6-minute tracking shot when they raid the drug house. Not in a weird way. It's just how I react to amazing things sometimes. I've mentioned it many times, but my neighbors got a show they *did not* ask for after the Kick Six. 

@GwillMac6- how big is your TV?

rewrew.gif

e.gif

29 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Fellow never drinker here!!! WE IN THIS BAY BAAAAAAAY!!! WOOOOO! lmao. The closest I have ever come to drinking in my 31 years is during the Gus football seasons..... I get closer and closer to the bottle each passing game Gus is still the coach. And then Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce makes it all go away. NO COMMENT on experimenting with drugs though!!! lmao

erwrew.gif

Legit just looked at our recruiting board..yikes. I don’t think people consider the long term implications when things like the current position we are in happens. Gus really needs to win every game left to save face tbh 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Legit just looked at our recruiting board..yikes. I don’t think people consider the long term implications when things like the current position we are in happens. Gus really needs to win every game left to save face tbh 

Already to late. All our top prospects are gone or will be gone. When Mondon goes to Georgia shortly we will have to rely on flips and that rarely works well for us either if we are trying to get someone to flip or one of our top prospects goes and flips to another school. It will be Gus's worst class by far this season. We need to get him out ASAP because recruiting will only get worse with him not better.

2 hours ago, Amwest20 said:

Most AU fans have a subconscious coping mechanism with Malzahn teams where they completely expect the team is always going to fail.  

With Auburn right now, it's not a team failure. It's a coaching failure. Failure to recruit and develop, along with play-calling and utilizing the teams strength's to an advantage. Recruiting is tanking at this point for Gus and Auburn. And with most Auburn fans the only thing that we are coping with is when, when is the PTB going to make a change at HC. And it's not that we want Gus to fail, but that Gus has shown exactly what kind of coach that he is over the past 8 years. Gus is stuck in a rut and he can't pull himself out, and the rut is getting deeper. He's too stubborn. Yes, Auburn is at a crossroads or fork-in-the road right now, and the 2 signs at that fork-in-the road; Bear to the left to continue on with Gus or, bear to the right for a change at HC. Which direction is Auburn headed for in the future left or right?

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Already to late. All our top prospects are gone or will be gone. When Mondon goes to Georgia shortly we will have to rely on flips and that rarely works well for us either if we are trying to get someone to flip or one of our top prospects goes and flips to another school. It will be Gus's worst class by far this season. We need to get him out ASAP because recruiting will only get worse with him not better.

The negative recruiting has been constant with Gus since 2015 and he has never done enough to quell it. It will continue and our recruiting will be poor as long as Gus is here. It’s on 11 right now and our class at this point reflects it. The longer we keep Gus the deeper the hole gets that we will have to climb out of.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is what really sucks. We have a coach just fine with just getting by and a leadership not willing to pony the money up for a mess one of theirs caused. We are going to hit the iceberg and by then it will be too late to repair 

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It doesn't actually help, fyi. It just makes you feel your feels louder. 

Here's my schedule for the day, in case anyone was wondering. 

4:00, wallow in self-pity;

4:30, stare into the abyss;

5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one;

5:30, jazzercize;

6:30, dinner with me—I can't cancel that again;

7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked.

Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Any "flips" we get will almost certainly guys who were encouraged to go shopping after that team got a guy they had higher on their board.

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness.

I see what you did there...

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Omg, this sounds soooooo much better than my usual Tuesday.

Those screens stretch the field and open up the slants and inside runs. As we progress we will start running a sucker and as soon as Bo pumps the screen, Schwartz will be wide open on a go. Whether Bo hits the open receiver is a different story...but that's the strategy.

We did seem to run a lot of them, but I get the idea and am fine with it. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is what really sucks. We have a coach just fine with just getting by and a leadership not willing to pony the money up for a mess one of theirs caused. We are going to hit the iceberg and by then it will be too late to repair 

I don't agree at all that Gus is fine with "just getting by". No coach works to that level of mediocrity.  I believe Gus works hard as most coaches trying to solve those issues that plague his teams. 

It just looks that way bc Gus has a personality that he doesn't wear his emotions on his sleeve, and he is not one of those 'blunt' coaches who say like it is. 

But his problem is he simply can't find a consistent offense, whether it be tweaking his offense, hiring or giving up playcalling to 3 different OC recently.

Now that his losses are starting to be consistent year after year, and all these losses are because he can't generate a winning offense is not acceptable to us.

GA gave Richt 12+ years to overcome his lack of playing for the NC. 

If it wasn't for Gus buyout, he would have been gone after 2018 and 2019 even w the Alabama win.

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I don't agree at all that Gus is fine with "just getting by". No coach works to that level of mediocrity.  I believe Gus works hard as most coaches trying to solve those issues that plague his teams. 

It just looks that way bc Gus has a personality that he doesn't wear his emotions on his sleeve, and he is not one of those 'blunt' coaches who say like it is. 

But his problem is he simply can't find a consistent offense, whether it be tweaking his offense, hiring or giving up playcalling to 3 different OC recently.

Now that his losses are starting to be consistent year after year, and all these losses are because he can't generate a winning offense is not acceptable to us.

GA gave Richt 12+ years to overcome his lack of playing for the NC. 

If it wasn't for Gus buyout, he would have been gone after 2018 and 2019 even w the Alabama win.

You don’t have to agree but I don’t know any single coach who wants what is best to not listen to the experts. Who doesn’t do his best to get the best recruiters OUTSIDE of his circle . Who doesn’t do his best to get the best coordinators and ALLOW the to do their job. It’s hard for me to say someone is not okay skating by when they let their ego get in the way of success .

He can’t find a consistent offense? Guess what? Go find the best person possible to do that for you. Now, he has gotten such a reputation no single person outside of his circle will take an OC job with him (based on my observation).

another thing, people need to stop comparing Mark Richt to Gus. It is a dumb comparison. Those two aren’t close to success. 

Gus has a big ass ego. It has nothing to do with him not wearing his emotion on his sleeves. He was like that back during his days at bentonville. He is still the same way and now he probably has pigeoned hole himself. 

No kidding if it wasn’t for his buyout he would be gone. And he knows this. One thing I love about NS is he is always learning and growing. He shifts his mind and changes his concepts. He flat out said you have to win with offense now. Years ago who would’ve guessed?

So, you don’t have to agree but when someone refuses to adapt and refuses to learn from others or bring in the best even in the face of push back , I consider that skating by. You are going to win your way or no way at all. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Those screens stretch the field and open up the slants and inside runs. As we progress we will start running a sucker and as soon as Bo pumps the screen, Schwartz will be wide open on a go. Whether Bo hits the open receiver is a different story...but that's the strategy.

We did seem to run a lot of them, but I get the idea and am fine with it. 

Oh, yeah, that's the issue here. Not that we have it in the playbook. We just run it way too much. 

Also, it would be different if these games weren't being decided on the last couple possessions. There's only so much we can afford to do to set up things that will happen later. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

07ec5f0e0fee3a90bd2a1877719591.gif

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Qxr.gif

4 hours ago, DAG said:

You don’t have to agree but I don’t know any single coach who wants what is best to not listen to the experts. Who doesn’t do his best to get the best recruiters OUTSIDE of his circle . Who doesn’t do his best to get the best coordinators and ALLOW the to do their job. It’s hard for me to say someone is not okay skating by when they let their ego get in the way of success .

He can’t find a consistent offense? Guess what? Go find the best person possible to do that for you. Now, he has gotten such a reputation no single person outside of his circle will take an OC job with him (based on my observation).

another thing, people need to stop comparing Mark Richt to Gus. It is a dumb comparison. Those two aren’t close to success. 

Gus has a big ass ego. It has nothing to do with him not wearing his emotion on his sleeves. He was like that back during his days at bentonville. He is still the same way and now he probably has pigeoned hole himself. 

No kidding if it wasn’t for his buyout he would be gone. And he knows this. One thing I love about NS is he is always learning and growing. He shifts his mind and changes his concepts. He flat out said you have to win with offense now. Years ago who would’ve guessed?

So, you don’t have to agree but when someone refuses to adapt and refuses to learn from others or bring in the best even in the face of push back , I consider that skating by. You are going to win your way or no way at all. 

I think he has tried to adapt, and how do we know he hasn't reached out to others?  I remember he went out to texas to look at Art Biles offense, and I think he has talked to others. OFC, maybe he only tried to tweak or add. 

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, bc Gus definitely has not done enough to make it work, and that totally falls on him.

22 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I think he has tried to adapt, and how do we know he hasn't reached out to others?  I remember he went out to texas to look at Art Biles offense, and I think he has talked to others. OFC, maybe he only tried to tweak or add. 

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, bc Gus definitely has not done enough to make it work, and that totally falls on him.

Okay but again Art Briles is in his circle. I am sure he wants to win HIS WAY is my point. He has been struggling for how many years now? He went from they are forcing me to not interfere, back to I am doing it my own way. I just find it odd for someone who is mightily struggle to continue doing the same things over and over.  I find it extremely odd that I hear from insiders that he was ultimately the one not listening to his offensive line coaches as far as recruiting goes. To me, if this is the case and I see very minimal adaptation , it is hard for me to understand the concept of someone doing there very best at what they were hired to do. Like I said before , NS made a 180 on his offensive philosophy starting with Lane Kiffin. That says something. 

Archived