Sharife Cooper Eligibility Concerns?

Win4AU

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the movement didn't happen as quick as was thought.  Not much time left for him to play tonight. 

JGT FWIW just said even though he has traveled with the team in case he gets cleared it's not looking good for him to get cleared tonight. Another insider said he expects it to go another week-week & a half before we likely get an answer. If we haven't heard anything official by next weekend then it's safe to assume the worst.

The NCAA is ridiculous.  If this was happening with Duke, North Carolina, Kansas or Kentucky it would have been settled in the first week. 

Just sucks! Sounds like something Shariffe didn't have much control over as well.  Feel bad for him.  I just want to see this kid play in this offense.  Tired of waiting. We had to wait on Danjel and Austin. Just make a decision.  The year is wasting away. Even more so with no postseason. Argh.

I'm really frustrated as all of you are with the NCAA dragging their feet. It is wrong to the player, the team, school, and fans.

Remind me again what the NCAA is "looking in to".

I don't have a clear picture.  His dad is an agent, is about it right?!?

13 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Remind me again what the NCAA is "looking in to".

@AUGoo Financial records supposedly. Supposedly AU had given Sharife $80k  so they are looking into it.

Yeesh, that sounds bad.  I was really hoping he would clear before Bama.  

On 1/6/2021 at 4:22 PM, AUBwins said:

Tired of waiting. We had to wait on Danjel and Austin. Just make a decision.  The year is wasting away. Even more so with no postseason. Argh.

Making the school and player wait is their game. The better to inflict pain, whether it's deserved or not. They have been pulling this crap for many years. The only exception being the Cam Newton fiasco, in which we had so much documentation that they had no choice but to act within a reasonable time..

45 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Making the school and player wait is their game. The better to inflict pain, whether it's deserved or not. They have been pulling this crap for many years. The only exception being the Cam Newton fiasco, in which we had so much documentation that they had no choice but to act within a reasonable time..

I'v come to this conclusion as well. The NCAA is trying their best to bring down Pearl and hurt Auburn's bball program by not ruling on either the Person scandal or the Sharife eligibility. If this hate is targeted toward Pearl or Auburn or both i'm not sure. But its the only explanation for why both items are dragging out like they are. The Person stuff happened 4 years ago and Sharife has been committed and planning to sign with Auburn for over a year. Intent is really hard to prove in court but i hope the people at Auburn are trying to do something to protect us and hit back at the NCAA based on how they are trying to damage our University.  

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUGoo Financial records supposedly. Supposedly AU had given Sharife $80k  so they are looking into it.

Auburn gave Sharife money, supposedly? 

THat's the first I heard it involved Auburn. All I have heard is it involved his dad and his association as an agent. 

My understanding is that the Coopers had plenty of money so not sure why they would need to get 80k from us.

Just a new dagger is showing up...

So, it’s not letting me post a picture from my phone. Not sure why. But go look at Jaylin Williams’s moms Twitter. She tweeted some cryptic emojis, and then said there’s some very good news coming for AU. Trying not to get my hopes up, but...

19 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

My understanding is that the Coopers had plenty of money so not sure why they would need to get 80k from us.

Exactly. That’s why a number of people think it’s racial profiling.

19 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

So, it’s not letting me post a picture from my phone. Not sure why. But go look at Jaylin Williams’s moms Twitter. She tweeted some cryptic emojis, and then said there’s some very good news coming for AU. Trying not to get my hopes up, but...

@WarEagle2423 A Twitter handle name would greatly help and be very much appreciated.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Exactly. That’s why a number of people think it’s racial profiling.

I don't think that is the case, but it sure as hell needs to be insinuated that it is. I don't know enough to even comment on this, but if I was daddy Cooper I would consider hiring a loudmouthed lawyer and threaten to sue everydamnbody that works for the NCAA, and do it in every public venue that I could. NZAAI's can be intimidated and often back down.

edit: I ain't getting my hopes up, but its something WDE or RiR does need to check out,pronto. Another post on 24/7 saying we are going to be happy in the morning

Lol AU giving 80k to a kid who already drives an exotic car by way of his dad being extremely wealthy seems like a stretch considering the BS we are already being dragged through with the NCAA and Person. 

Archived