• Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

So, what are the others called?

1 - point guard

2 - shooting guard

3 - small forward

4 - power forward

5 - center

of course all this is kind of generic terms for discussion purposes but is usually accurate 

Free Sharife!!! What the hell are you doing ncaa?? Is he eligible or not?? Stop dragging your feet and make a decision so he can either start playing for AU or he can move on with his life and start working to the career you are currently denying him. I guess when the Kansas, LSUs, and NC States of the world start telling you to go screw yourself you gotta find smaller targets to flex on. I hope Coop and his lawyers sue for millions of lost earning potential and get to say they were the ones that put the final nail is this corrupt organization. 

None of those schools told the NCAA to themselves. They all opted into the new independent review panel procedure. It started in 2019 so it’s a dice roll. Whatever that panel decides is final. No right to appeal. I think Kansas and LSU knew they were looking down the barrel of a loaded gun so they opted for the devil they don’t know over the devil they do. We’ll see how it goes. 

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

None of those schools told the NCAA to themselves. They all opted into the new independent review panel procedure. It started in 2019 so it’s a dice roll. Whatever that panel decides is final. No right to appeal. I think Kansas and LSU knew they were looking down the barrel of a loaded gun so they opted for the devil they don’t know over the devil they do. We’ll see how it goes. 

TBH, even if teams like us go the normal route, and appeal, I have zero faith that the NCAA will ever reduce their initial punishment. 

So, we will see, but maybe going the independent review WILL be a better result for those schools. If it is, we went the wrong way...

It's maddening we can't at least get a timeframe for when this could be resolved. Part of me wonders if the NCAA just wants to wait it out to the point where Sharife says deuces and rolls off to the GLeague or foreign league somewhere.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

It's maddening we can't at least get a timeframe for when this could be resolved. Part of me wonders if the NCAA just wants to wait it out to the point where Sharife says deuces and rolls off to the GLeague or foreign league somewhere.

Probably the best take on their delay strategery.  Run out the clock and wash their hands of it. I hope he stays.

I wonder how long Coop and his family plan to wait this one out? He is in perpetual NCAA limbo and if he has other options to play basketball available to him he would be wise to explore those opportunities. Sitting on the sidelines here is not getting him any closer to the NBA. And i personally would like to see the young man succeed at reaching his goals in life. 

I doubt Cooper waits much longer. My guess is some of the blue blood programs may have had a little impact with dragging out the process.  When Auburn agreed to a ban of post season participation this season I thought maybe things would clear up pretty quickly.  Blue bloods don't like an upstart like Auburn getting in the way of their tournament runs and March Madness, which is what College BB is all about. A very young and talented team like Auburn could peak at the right time to be a huge problem for some of these experienced programs right around post-season time. With the problems Cooper has had I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a one and done and avoids further scrutiny after this year. Shameful treatment of this young man IMO. 

IMO the blue bloods are in enough hot water themselves for the most part, I don't think they're concerned with what we're doing over here.

39 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Uh.....9:15 tomorrow......We might be learning something more......Just a rumor a guy heard from social media

Rumor on social media you say? Seems solid lol. But seriously I’ll take any bit of hope I can find for this situation to be finalized. Did social media specify AM or PM?? 

5 hours ago, gravejd said:

Rumor on social media you say? Seems solid lol. But seriously I’ll take any bit of hope I can find for this situation to be finalized. Did social media specify AM or PM?? 

FWIW JGT said he thinks it's 50/50 whether a decision is rendered by SEC Conference play much less tomorrow.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW JGT said he thinks it's 50/50 whether a decision is rendered by SEC Conference play much less tomorrow.

Yeah i doubt anyone knows what the NCAA is doing here and with that i imagine no one really knows when they will say one way or the other. Stuff like this really makes me question following college sports when you have a corrupt organization in charge. Bama can play Sexton and Kira and all is good but AU starts getting good at anything and you can bet the suspensions and s*** like this are soon to follow. 

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Yeah i doubt anyone knows what the NCAA is doing here and with that i imagine no one really knows when they will say one way or the other. Stuff like this really makes me question following college sports when you have a corrupt organization in charge. Bama can play Sexton and Kira and all is good but AU starts getting good at anything and you can bet the suspensions and s*** like this are soon to follow. 

So, I guess nothing happened?....I was hoping for some good news....I forgot,though, it is the NAAZI's

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

So, I guess nothing happened?....I was hoping for some good news....I forgot,though, it is the NAAZI's

When have we EVER heard NCAA/SEC news come early enough that makes sense for the player? It always drags on longer than expected, and I still don't feel good about the result, when it does come...

Not getting my hopes up. Our reaction to NCAA news is usually " It could have been worse" or "Not as bad as we were expecting". Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised this time.

Look we are not going to the post season, play the guy, what's the worst that happens, they void our wins from the 20-21 season.  Ok big woop, in Honesty its not like we are going to win the SEC this year.

41 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

what's the worst that happens

@AlaskanFAN More post season bans, more schollies taken away, & more recruiting sanctions. Not worth risking all that right now.

Just kinda thinking in type here, but how much would it really benefit Sharife to not wait it out? He was not expected to be one and done, anyway, at least not by those who seem to know what they're talking about, so maybe he's willing to wait it out and keep working at Auburn?

On 12/11/2020 at 11:50 AM, steeleagle said:

When have we EVER heard NCAA/SEC news come early enough that makes sense for the player? 

When AU suspended CAM the week of the GA came and the NCAA ruled Cam eligible that same week, likely preserving our NC and Cam's Heisman.

On a side note, the most impressive thing to me was, after being berated by most of the national media (it was almost 24/7 on ESPN) and fans all over the country, with all those emotions and distractions Cam came out on National TV and had one of his best games. We did not find out he would be playing until I heard his name was called out over the PA when the starting lineup was announced before the game.

17 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Just kinda thinking in type here, but how much would it really benefit Sharife to not wait it out? He was not expected to be one and done, anyway, at least not by those who seem to know what they're talking about, so maybe he's willing to wait it out and keep working at Auburn?

He would get more development should he go overseas & play. If we get to January & he hasn't been cleared then it doesn't benefit him basketball wise this year.

Archived